Daley Blind | Ajax Performances

Stadjer

He looked brilliant tonight alongside De Ligt. Well done Daley, sorry it didn't work out with us.
I wouldnt say 'didnt work out'. Makes it sound like he was terrible signing but he was fine. Decent cb, decent lb and even a decent midfield player. Just not Mourinho his type so he was sold for decent money.

Ekeke

I wouldnt say 'didnt work out'. Makes it sound like he was terrible signing but he was fine. Decent cb, decent lb and even a decent midfield player. Just not Mourinho his type so he was sold for decent money.
Mourinho only gave him a chance at leftback, probably where he played worst for us in his United career. Did well at first in CM and in his final season at CB under LVG it clicked with him and he and Smalling were solid.

Welbeckham

Honestly, my favourite player in the world. I’m sad that he’s not with us anymore, but happy that he’s doing well.

On a less weird note, he’s a brilliant CB, shame Mourinho was too daft to ever realize it. Only big mistake I recall in that position from him was the KdB goal against City.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is as good as Lindelof and Smalling. Selling him while keeping the dross (Rojo and Jones) should be a criminal offence.

Stadjer

Mourinho only gave him a chance at leftback, probably where he played worst for us in his United career. Did well at first in CM and in his final season at CB under LVG it clicked with him and he and Smalling were solid.
He had that LVG period where he, Fellaini and Young were pretty good together on the left side of the pitch.

Minimalist

Honestly, my favourite player in the world. I’m sad that he’s not with us anymore, but happy that he’s doing well.

On a less weird note, he’s a brilliant CB, shame Mourinho was too daft to ever realize it. Only big mistake I recall in that position from him was the KdB goal against City.
Wasn't even his fault - Bailly let him down. (got blamed all the same)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very happy for Blind:)

Ekeke

He had that LVG period where he, Fellaini and Young were pretty good together on the left side of the pitch.
I dont think that was because of him. At left back he got beat quite often, at CB and CM that wasnt the case. He did do great for Netherlands at left wingback though. But he didnt play those long high balls over the backline from LB for us. He tried those kinds of passes only from CM and CB

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why the feck did we sell him considering who we still have?? Absolutely mental.

I adored Blind when he was here and I’m chuffed to bits for him. He is a lovely footballer who I won’t tire of watching no matter who he plays for.

I wish we still had him :(

R'hllor

Football player, also remember hate towards LvG regarding his left footing CB to play LCB, like he is some bafoon :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Deserves recognition. He reads the game well and at times is just as calm as Lindelof these days.

Ekeke

Blind won 8 headers and 9 clearances against Madrid btw. Double De Ligt's 4 headers. Madrid have some players good in the air like Bale so thats no mean feat

It used to be said that Blind was too small and not athletic enough. Well he was athletic and tall enough to dominate the air against Madrid, as well as being good on the ball

SapperBRed75

I said nothing about him being a terrible signing. Mourinho didn't fancy him, it didn't work out. And I'm sorry because I rated him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Selling him while keeping the likes of Jones, Rojo, Darmian, etc. is absolutely farce if a decision. I was never fan of him on CB(but he can be fine next to Smalling), but he is absolutely quality player all around who has a place in every team in the world.

Ekeke

Football player, also remember hate towards LvG regarding his left footing CB to play LCB, like he is some bafoon :lol:
I didnt enjoy LVG as our manager at all, but I think he was slightly ahead of his time when it comes to wanting a ball playing CB. I still think you can easily have a right footer at LCB. But putting Blind in there, by his last season I was convinced with him as converted CB

Zoo

Marginalising and then selling him is just another example to add to the evidence of Mourinho being yesterday’s man.

Minimalist

Blind won 8 headers and 9 clearances against Madrid btw. Double De Ligt's 4 headers. Madrid have some players good in the air like Bale so thats no mean feat

It used to be said that Blind was too small and not athletic enough. Well he was athletic and tall enough to dominate the air against Madrid, as well as being good on the ball
Aye but wait until he faces a big lad like Rudy Gestede - he'll know what's what then.

(or whoever the big gimp was that played for Villa that was supposed to murder him)

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Basically my feelings. I love him as a player and disappointed we don’t have him any more, but I wish him every success.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was our best defender. Said it before and I'm saying it again.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Selling him while keeping the likes of Jones, Rojo, Darmian, etc. is absolutely farce if a decision. I was never fan of him on CB(but he can be fine next to Smalling), but he is absolutely quality player all around who has a place in every team in the world.
:lol:

Just had flashback we still have someone like him in the squad and he actually exists.

R'hllor

I didnt enjoy LVG as our manager at all, but I think he was slightly ahead of his time when it comes to wanting a ball playing CB. I still think you can easily have a right footer at LCB. But putting Blind in there, by his last season I was convinced with him as converted CB
Nobody said that you couldnt.

Rafaeldagold

Really happy for him- one of my favourite players when here. Good player & seemed a nice guy too

FujiVice

Really liked Daley Blind. He's a player that we'll probably look back on with fond memories during a bad time at the club. Mourinho gave him some high praise in his send off. He's in the prime of his career, so he doesnt want to be waiting around hoping for the odd game here and there.
Miss him :(

ravi2

He is as good as Lindelof and Smalling. Selling him while keeping the dross (Rojo and Jones) should be a criminal offence.
Hopefully the DOF will sort out nonsense like that. Our transfer business has needed an overhaul since SAF left.

Bwuk

It was only complete clowns who thought that.

Blind never had any issues physically against the likes of Lukaku or Kane.

Dalot - Lindelof - Blind - Shaw could of been a very progressive and footballing focused back 4.

Crashoutcassius

Glad he did well tonight but he was only suitable in certain prem games. Not buying that he would be some big asset under Ole, although our midfield depth means he would probably play

Ed9

I've always liked him and wish him all the best. Just shows how clueless Jose is, if he was still here our best players would want to leave while we'd be stuck with Fellaini and trying for Willian and Perisic. Scary.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's amazing how amazingly I'm depressed by that discovery.

I think Jones won't let UK's healthcare system fall anytime soon which is the only good thing in this.
What's funny, and sad at the same time, that even if you didn't rate Blind, he is easily better squad player than all of them together.

Ekeke

He was good enough for 1 season at CB here but it took a while for him to adapt.

He was very good at finding a good pass from CB into advanced areas in the middle of the pitch. Its something Umtiti does well at Barcelona and we have posters here suggesting hes the best CB in the world when he isnt an impressive defender.

Considering we have played Ander, Fellaini and McTominay as CMs at CB for "quality on the ball" and Blind was the best passer of the lot of them, it makes perfect sense for people to question why we only played Blind at CB 1 time under Mourinho, in a 3 man defense last season where Lindelof did better than normal as well. If we were going to play a CM at CB, why not the one who actually went through that transition into becoming a decent CB eventually and had far more of that quality on the ball than the players Mourinho actually has tried there
Because hes too small and cant head the ball, plus he cant deal with pace!