Daley Blind | Ajax Performances

Giggsyking

Part I dont understand is that they let him play on after collapsing out of nowhere. Didnt we learn anything from Nouri? If someone collapses for no apparent reason you sub him off and drive him to a doctor.
That was very stupid from the medical staff. How on earth did they let him continue?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Jesus. I’m shocked by this! Hope that it’s nothing serious and he can continue his career. Best of luck to him!

Okey

I'm just happy to hear what the diagnosis is, being an insider. He'll recover, knowing he'll have the best care. He could even come back fully fit next season if he still fancies playing. Wishing you well Daley.

Ban

Wish him a speedy recovery! Right now it's the most important thing that he recovers, it will be a shame if he won't be able to play again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@KirkDuyt when did Blind collapse? Totally missed that. Sad for him if he now has to retire.
During the Valencia match i think? It was very brief though. He sat down, got up again and played on after being on the side line for about 30 seconds. Shockingly irresponsible by their medical staff if you ask me. Why take a chance.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
yEs BUt it IS iN a FaRMerSLEagUe

Can you imagine a 343

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood
Blind - Smalling - Maguire/AWB

Line breaking passes through and through

Would have been balanced to perfect in my opinion.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
A very positive update on his situation.
Things are progressing so well, that he is back in the match selection. What is next for him is to start getting match rythm again.

Goes off injured pointing at chest during match

Monkers

Blind has gone down and was pointing at his chest, could walk to the side on his own.

@BlindDaley
goes to the side. The defender sat on the ground during an attack by Hertha. Blind walks to the side and Devyne Rensch is his replacement. (ajax twitter)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Good news to hear he walked off, but this must be a serious concern for his future in football now...

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
:(

One of my personal favourite players I enjoyed watching.

Hope he is okay

Sjaakmeoff

Ok, so his ICD (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator) gave a shock. Which means his heart didn't do what it supposed to do.

I'm afraid that's it for him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Don't they equip him with a pacemaker or a heart rate monitor that would immediately indicate any sign of arrhythmia?

Sjaakmeoff

He's fine. That's what's the device is for. Ten Hag confirmed this.

But hearing him scream when it happened and seeing his face afterwards, he will never play without the fear of this happening again.And then there's only one option..

Okey

He's fine. That's what's the device is for. Ten Hag confirmed this.

But hearing him scream when it happened and seeing his face afterwards, he will never play without the fear of this happening again.And then there's only one option..
Yep. I was about to type same. Health wise, he'll be OK. But if it's the first time the device has fired, it's usually a scary episode. He might indeed decide to call it quits. Wishing him well...