Daley Blind fears Manchester United could sell him in the summer

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nice chap and dashingly handsome, but not good enough unfortunately. Probably off to Everton or something.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah, he has given his all, but his time has come.
Thanks and good luck..!!

Plato

Smalling was great at a centre back under Van Gaal. United played an exceptionally boring brand of football under Van Gaal that made the entire defence look competent. He isn't good enough to be a central defender at a club like United by a long shot. Decent back up player, lovely hair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'll be quite surprised if he we sold him in the summer... but that's mainly because I often forget he plays for us, so i'll just be surprised at his existence, then I'll think it's probably fine that we sold him, then I'll forget about him again, and a month later someone will remind me that we sold him and I'll be surprised again... ad infinitum

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd sell as well, as a CB he's now well down the pecking order unless we have another injury crisis, at LB I'd argue he's still as good as any of them but that's clearly a position we're going to look at in the summer (Rose) in which case I think I'd rather have Young as the back up

NinjaFletch

Not convinced he's good enough, but given Herrera's form and a possibly Matic injury I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in midfield again.

A bit like Rojo who started well at centre half, moved to left back and was shit, and moved back to centre half I'm not sure I really understand why Van Gaal was so reluctant to use Blind in a midfield slot after his first six months, and – whilst he's not an obvious Mourinho midfielder – he could give us more depth there.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why get rid? He's useful cover in a few positions. I doubt he's on ridiculously high wages, too. Young is 30+ so you can't expect him to continue at this level for much longer - in fact, it's a miracle that he has been as good as he has. Get rid of Shaw first and buy an actual left back, keep Blind as cover.

Robbie Boy

He's useful but doesn't really excel in any position though he has generally performed well at CB. I don't know really, I think he's a useful player to have.

settembrini

I'm surprised Mourinho hasn't used him as the lcb in a back 3. There have been several games where he has used that system but selected Blind at wing back.

pacifictheme

Not good enough at any one position to be relied on really. Not even sure hes good back up.

Ephrem

Blind , Mata , Mikhi and Darmian . I think all four should be feared !

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is a good player to have in the squad, as he can play multiple positions and are rarely injured.

I wouldn’t miss him if he gets sold though.

Hawks2008

Still think he has a place here as a utility player, but not a tragedy if he goes.

CM10

The only thing that might save him is if we make a more permanent switch to a back three. He regularly gets rinsed by opposition players when playing left back and I don't think he's at all suited to playing midfield for us.

Even then, we've got 5 central defenders ahead of him in the pecking order and there's still Tuanzebe to contend with. The Lindelof signing didn't do him any favours.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, I think he's gone. José doesn't trust him to play in the centre (whether as a CB or CDM) and that's where he plays his best stuff, in my opinion. I still think he's a very good player and would rather he wasn't sold.

Jojo <3 Mou

I hate when players go. You get attached and then they leave. :(
We need some upgrades in quality though. We have too many inconsistent players. They can be really good on their day but....their days are too few and far in between. Need players who turn up 7/8/9 chances out of 10.
That for me is the mark of quality, being able to do it every (or almost every) day.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
The Dutch John O'Shea.

I'd like him to stay with us as he is a good squad player.

Toddler

I think we should definitely move on from Blind. He is not good enough and what comes to the left back position, it is very very important nowadays to have a player there that is both capable of going forward and defend. I don't think he can do either very well. Same goes with Darmian, useless going forward.

Nice chap though that Blind!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's nearly as useless as Darmian. Nearly of course. Its like

Fellaini>>>>>Lingard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blind>>Darmian

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If he's sold, he'd probably have to be replaced with another squad player, so he might as well be kept given his age and versatility. He's pretty much never been injured since he arrived either, which is always a plus with our injury record.

I like him, even though I acknowledge he's not really good enough to be a starter. He is useful though, even though he's had a couple of stinkers this year, but by and large he's had more good games for United than bad IMO.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Dutch John O'Shea.

I'd like him to stay with us as he is a good squad player.
Its almost terrifying to admit this but he's even worse than OShit. At least Johnno was tall and fast. He was a bit of a softy so he barely ever used his 6ft3 frame but he was still an EPL player. Blind is too small to play in the central of the pitch and too slow on the rear flanks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t mind him, but it’s clear he’ll never be a real option in a Mourinho team. He’s slow, weak, and short (relatively speaking for a CB).

His pluses, being injury-free and playing a few positions with decent composure make him a good player to have around, but I can see why we’d sell him and bump up the likes of Tuanzebe/TFM a rank up the pecking order. Or sign a more ‘suited’ squad player to JoMo’s style.

buckooo1978

surely Darmian will be gone before he does....You'd expect Shaw as well

useful player and a decent passer/crosser

keep

Toddler

If he's sold, he'd probably have to be replaced with another squad player, so he might as well be kept given his age and versatility. He's pretty much never been injured since he arrived either, which is always a plus with our injury record.

I like him, even though I acknowledge he's not really good enough to be a starter. He is useful though, even though he's had a couple of stinkers this year, but by and large he's had more good games for United than bad IMO.
I disagree with you to some extent. Okay, yes he is a versatile player and that is useful, but in the end I think for the salary that Blind pulls we could get a way better back-up player, for full back position. And I would do that!

Maccataq

I'd keep him personally, he's technically good like most Dutch players from Ajax, he's an intelligent and composed player and great cover for a number of positions...plus he does have lovely hair.

Like others on here, I'd like to see him given another chance in midfield. I think we have to respect though that 2 managers have now preferred not to play him in midfield. I think he was good under LVG as a ball playing defender and despite his obvious lack of pace and height, he rarely got exposed even against strong, pacey forwards although I accept that LVG set the team up in a way that helped him but you could argue that's good management even if the football was boring as sin. He and Smalling actually made a good partnership because their strengths made up for each other's weaknesses.

If he wanted to leave for more regular first team football though I would wish him well.

RedDevilRoshi

Did we not sign him as a CDM? I'm sure that's the position he plays for Holland. We are pretty light in that position. Matic potentially injured, Carrick still out and Herrera has been pretty poor so far this season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Id personally keep him as he is a very useful utility squad player. But if he is sold, he will attract many high profile clubs. Can see him at Barcelona or Madrid.

GBBQ

He's one of those players that i don't mind if he sticks around. I don't think he should be near the starting line up but he's good to have on the bench for a few positions. I think Wenger would probably like him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I disagree with you to some extent. Okay, yes he is a versatile player and that is useful, but in the end I think for the salary that Blind pulls we could get a way better back-up player, for full back position. And I would do that!
I'd doubt Blind is raking in big money. Perhaps somewhere around the middle. I'd think the only way we bump Blind and bring someone in at a deficit on the wage bill is by promoting a youngster, but it doesn't look like we have anyone ready who offers the versatile options that Blind does. Fosu Mensah perhaps, but he appears to be solely a right sided player.

The options on the left are both slim and poor. I'd get shot of Darmian and Shaw ahead of Blind. The latter has shown more in a United shirt than those two. Then after those two are gone and replacements are sought, then Blind perhaps the year after. Blind is among the least of our worries right now.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Its almost terrifying to admit this but he's even worse than OShit. At least Johnno was tall and fast. He was a bit of a softy so he barely ever used his 6ft3 frame but he was still an EPL player. Blind is too small to play in the central of the pitch and too slow on the rear flanks.
:lol:

Fair enough, but I still think he is a useful squad player to have around.

If he played for another club I wouldn't necessarily want us to go out and buy him, but he's already with us so it makes sense to keep him. He can help plug some gaps in the team, especially during a congested fixture list and inbetween injuries to other players.

It's hard to have top/world class players across the whole squad.