Dallas Cup 2018

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
The Reds are in 'Bracket A' of the Under-19 Gordon Jago Super Group and will play against Mexican side Tigres this Sunday, 25 March, before facing Toronto FC on Monday. Should United progress, there'll be a semi-final to play on Friday 30 March, with a place in the final on Sunday 1 April up for grabs.

Sunday 25 March
Higashi Fukuoka FC v Toronto FC (13:30 local time, 19:30 UK)
Manchester United v Tigres (18:30 local time, 00:30 UK)

Monday 26 March
Toronto FC v Manchester United (14:00 local time, 20:00 UK)
Higashi Fukuoka v Tigres (14:00 local time, 20:00 UK)

"Our squad for Dallas is a young one, as it's mostly a youth-team group at this stage with one or two additions from the Under-23s," McKenna told ManUtd.com ahead of the trip.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What's our squad list?

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
What's our squad list?
Alex Fojticek, Matej Kovar, James Thompson; Di'Shon Bernard, Max Dunne, Luca Ercolani, Jake Kenyon, Ethan Laird, George Tanner, Brandon Williams; Aidan Barlow, Tahith Chong, Ethan Galbraith, James Garner, Dylan Levitt, Dion McGhee, Largie Ramazani; Millen Baars, Joshua Bohui, Nishan Burkart, Mason Greenwood, D'Mani Mellor.

Arnau Puigmal and Lee O'Connor are unavailable due to international commitments, while Angel Gomes, Tom Sang, and Aliou Traore have been ruled out through injury.

Sea-Cow

The Reds are in 'Bracket A' of the Under-19 Gordon Jago Super Group and will play against Mexican side Tigres this Sunday, 25 March, before facing Toronto FC on Monday. Should United progress, there'll be a semi-final to play on Friday 30 March, with a place in the final on Sunday 1 April up for grabs.

Sunday 25 March
Higashi Fukuoka FC v Toronto FC (13:30 local time, 19:30 UK)
Manchester United v Tigres (18:30 local time, 00:30 UK)

Monday 26 March
Toronto FC v Manchester United (14:00 local time, 20:00 UK)
Higashi Fukuoka v Tigres (14:00 local time, 20:00 UK)

"Our squad for Dallas is a young one, as it's mostly a youth-team group at this stage with one or two additions from the Under-23s," McKenna told ManUtd.com ahead of the trip.
Any reason why they are only scheduled for two games, and not the usual three? Usually in Dallas Cup they also have a game on Wednesday.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Will there be streams for this? Would love to see the game with TFC.
From my own research, if you can find a Univision stream, that'd be good. Otherwise, KICKTV on YouTube used to stream Dallas Cup games, but I don't know if they still do it (they are now Copa90 US).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tigres have been allowed to throw in aggressive challenges by this referee. I don't know why we aren't getting similar decisions...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's half-time now. 1-0 to Tigres who scored off of a corner kick.

Tigres have been applying lots of pressure that seemed to have flustered most of our younger players. Our back line and midfield have struggled to play the ball out of the back, and the only out ball has been long through passes to Chong.

The referee has allowed Tigres to play a little more aggressively, and that has caught most of our players off guard, particularly Williams and Garner who've been sloppy with their passes, generally. Chong, as usual, has been our best player, whilst Barlow received very few touches on the ball. Greenwood looks decent, too, but he's struggled to hold the ball up as the target man.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This camera work is appalling. Feel like it's giving me motion sickness.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Changes in the 2nd half for United:
- Laird to right back
- Tanner to left back
- Williams to centre back with Dunne

AltiUn

Chong misses a very good chance, playing fairly well this half.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Oh dear, Chong. That was our best chance in the match.

Laird won the ball quickly in the midfield after Chong lost it with a heavy touch. Chong goes on a short run before playing the ball through to Greenwood on the inside right. Greenwood cuts back to his left foot before playing it into the middle to Chong, who misses from 10 yards out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Laird has been much better at right back than Tanner. He looks way more comfortable there.

We're starting to open up Tigres more. Garner is starting to be more proactive and is starting to play through Tigres' midfield lines. Greenwood's growing into the game as well. We just need to get a shot on target, and I think we'll score a goal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Aidan Barlow has barely been involved in this game. He's barely been involved and is struggling to make himself available.

AltiUn

Every free kick or every time the ball goes out of plays it takes nearly a minute for the game to restart, very hard to get a rhythm.

AltiUn

Putting a lot of crosses in the box but not really attacking them. All our attacks coming down the right.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Putting a lot of crosses in the box but not really attacking them. All our attacks coming down the right.
That's not surprising. Chong's our most dangerous player. What I'm surprised with is how both Greenwood and Barlow have been taking up deeper positions for cutbacks. Both don't seem like natural strikers to me.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
American referees are doing a great job at showing how horrible they are at their job. They're all the same regardless of the football level. :o

AltiUn

That's not surprising. Chong's our most dangerous player. What I'm surprised with is how both Greenwood and Barlow have been taking up deeper positions for cutbacks. Both don't seem like natural strikers to me.
Yeah I noticed that as well, whenever I've watched Greenwood he does usually seem to be in good positions for cutbacks. Might just be having an off game.

AltiUn

Tigres take a very undeserved 2-0 lead after a very poor own goal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Williams caps off his poor performance with an own goal. That's pretty much it for us in terms of getting a point or 3.

There have been some promising signs from our performance. They won't have the mental fortitude to handle gamesmanship at this age, and with a younger group of players than normal, I'm not surprised that Tigres are 2-0 up even though they haven't performed that well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Greenwood gets one back after Chong fights for a loose ball. That's a great response to going 2-0 down.

Speaking of Chong, he still looks a little raw in his ability. There have been many instances where he's still reliant on his pace and knocks the ball a little farther forward than he should. He's also been hacked on the most out of any player on the pitch.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Greenwood pulls one back but Chong showed fantastic determination to win the ball back in the lead up to the goal.

AltiUn

Completely missed that goal :lol: the stream I'm watching on also doesn't have the game time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Arlex Hurtado is one to keep an eye on in this tournament. He's been as much of a threat as Chong has been in this game.

AltiUn

Tigres keeper makes a really good save from close range to keep it 2-1 to them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Nishan Burkart is coming on for Bohui.

Also, Kenyon and Ramazani came on for Tanner and Levitt, previously. Barlow then dropped into the midfield whilst Kenyon moved over to left back.

AltiUn

I know we shouldn't get too wound up at youth level but the time wasting has been nothing short of shameful.