Dalot or AWB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
AWB possibly up for sale, Dalot favoured.

I guess both are fairly uninspiring options, going forward, but I'd lean towards AWB.

The position can't be seen as a priority, this summer, so if we end up keeping both, it wouldn't be a disaster.

Which might fit into Ten Hag's system better?

Tiber

Dunno which is the best fit for the new system. But given the choice of the two, id take AWB

Scottynaldinho

AWB is miles better defensively although he needs a lot of work on his positioning. Offensively, Dalot just gives an illusion to be better but he's just as useless as AWB.

dove

Both crap but I would pick Dalot. I don't see how it's possible to play any kind of possession based football with AWB in the side.

Greck

It's not AWB vs Dalot because the former was getting sold regardless under any tiki taka manager.

Zoo

Dalot is soft. Ten Hag will do very well to turn him into a player. AWB is flawed and we overpaid but I’d still choose him.

hobbers

Thankfully ETH seems to recognise Dalot is less useless than AWB.

By all accounts it seems like AWB was the very first player he decided to get rid of, and that's no surprise to any of us with eyes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
They're both bad fullbacks but Dalot fits ETH football better than AWB does, mostly because it puts emphasis on defenders being able to progress the ball forward while under pressure. AWB just can't do that.

If AWB leaves I certainly hope we replace him with another option who can play ahead of Dalot though.

-Supreme-

Both aren’t good enough but AWB is the better player.

Having said that we should look at selling him given he’s a more valuable asset and use his sale funds to bring in a first choice RB

phelans shorts

They're both bad fullbacks but Dalot fits ETH football better than AWB does, mostly because it puts emphasis on defenders being able to progress the ball forward while under pressure. AWB just can't do that.

If AWB leaves I certainly hope we replace him with another option who can play ahead of Dalot though.
I’m pretty much exactly in this position too. Dalot would easily be my choice of the two but ideally it wouldn’t be either.

jackal&hyde

Dalot can play football, if a bit raw, a lot actually. AWB can tackle and nothing else. If we are to keep one, it's clearly Dalot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dalot is much more rounded and far better on the ball, his final ball is shite though. Defensively Wan Bissaka is better in 1v1 defending, both equally bad in off the ball defending. I always feel defending is coachable though, while on the ball is a lot more natural talent based.

I much prefer seeing Dalot playing.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Both awful. If we go into next season with either as first choice we're in trouble.

SAFMUTD

Both are shit, but I think Dalot can improve under right coaching. Wan Bissaka lacks natural skill for the offensive side of the game, I don't think that can be coached at this point.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Dalot is a more well rounded defender than AWB. The latter is only better in one on one defending and thats it.

Dalot can actually pass a football in his own half, AWB can't.

It's obvious why ETH favours Dalot.

GwilDor

I'd definately keep Dalot out of the two. Dalot is decent, but not good enough in all aspects of the game. AWB is very good at tackling, but horrible at positioning, much worse touch and passing than Dalot, and also not as good 1v1 offensively. AWB's footballing intelligence i strongly doubt is good enough to develop to an acceptable level. We need a new #1 RB, but i'd rather keep Dalot than AWB.

Edit: Add a poll maybe?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I can’t see you starting the season with either as first choice. You’ll buy an actual footballer and keep whoever doesn’t get a (acceptable) transfer offer as back up.

padzilla

Hipster
Both poor but Dalot appears to be more highly rated within the game.

Tarrou

honestly couldn't care less which one starts they're both really shit

I'm guessing Dalot is a better fit though

stevoc

Wan Bissaka is miles better defensively and probably better going forward which granted isn't saying much. But he has trouble controlling the ball.

Dalot can't attack or defend which I often find is a bad combination for a fullback but he's decent with the ball at his feet so suits Ten Hags style infinitely more.

Dalot would be a decent back-up but if we're going into the season with him as first choice then we're in trouble down the right. It would be another season with one side of our team being a wasteland of creativity.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Spiderman for me. Let’s not forget in his first season we all marvelled at his defensive capabilities. He may not offer much going forward but I’m still the type of person who feels if you’re a defender, then you should be judged on how you defend. He’s a brilliant one v one defender but gets caught positionally which ETH can hopefully work with. We need to tighten up at the back and I’d rather AWB than Dalot.

everyone says Dalot is better going forward but his stats say otherwise. How many goals and assist did he contribute to the team last season? Hardly anything which makes AWB the more solid option. In my view….

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There seems to be this odd myth that Dalot offers loads more going forward, when I'm not sure it's anywhere near true.
Defensively, he's like Telles versus Shaw, a significant backwards step.

If we're selling AWB we need to be buying a proper player there.

buckooo1978

I think last season Dalot was the lesser of two evils

i partly put that down to AWB having a Maguire/Rashford season.....

He was shit but was previously a decent to good player

Like Rashford, Maguire I dont feel last season was a fair reflection of his ability. With coaching, and mitchell van der gaag is reputedly a good defensive coach, he can return to some form I think. In saying that, at his best, Im not sure AWB has the basic technical qualities to start for a top side.

Im easy either way. Think 1 should go and we bring someone in with technical, attacking and defensive ability

GwilDor

Spiderman for me. Let’s not forget in his first season we all marvelled at his defensive capabilities. He may not offer much going forward but I’m still the type of person who feels if you’re a defender, then you should be judged on how you defend. He’s a brilliant one v one defender but gets caught positionally which ETH can hopefully work with. We need to tighten up at the back and I’d rather AWB than Dalot.

everyone says Dalot is better going forward but his stats say otherwise. How many goals and assist did he contribute to the team last season? Hardly anything which makes AWB the more solid option. In my view….
His tackling was impressive. And since we were defending deeper that season, aiming for counter attacks, his very shady positioning wasn't as much on display at that time. I'd be surprised to see him being able to improve that enough alongside his touch/passing to have a chance at being first choice RB.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There seems to be this odd myth that Dalot offers loads more going forward, when I'm not sure it's anywhere near true.
Defensively, he's like Telles versus Shaw, a significant backwards step.

If we're selling AWB we need to be buying a proper player there.
True, there is not a single attribute Dalot is good at. His crosses ends up in stands, his step over is most useless trick, he can't beat players and his passing is average.

We need new RB, unless ETH sees something very obvious that everyone is missing.

Smores

AWB is simply of no use to us, he isn't going to become a different player. Dalot may have his limitations but at least he's a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.