Dalot or AWB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLunited

Aaron. Is better in duels, has improved a lot on the ball and has a lot of drive in offense.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Good competition to have. Neither are perfect, AWB has perhaps impressed more since Dalots injury, but I still think Dalots 2 footedness fits in so well for ETH.

No need to panic. Sort it out by themselves.

Bondi77

AWB is in front at the moment and he has risen to the good competition for the RB spot but I do recall Ronnie saying before he left that he was impressed with the professionalism of Dalot so with that being said I think he will also rise to the challenge.
We should remember that Dalot can cover the LB spot as well which makes him more versatile.

Steve 007

AWB is the most improved. We look more solid with him in the team. Dalot doesn’t do it for me.

Golden Nugget

Really liked AWB before, despite his weaknesses. Thought he was solid defensively and was much better than Dalot, who was always so so for me.

Last season saw AWB lose all confidence whereas Dalot got better and better - Dalot looked like the real deal pre World Cup - and during the World Cup for Portugal. He came back injured, AWB regained form and confidence and Dalot has returned back with underwhelming performances.

Really wish both were in some sort of form - ideally AWB would be used for the bigger matches where we need more defensive help - and Dalot used in there games where we dominate possession

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If this thread was titled "Dalot, AWB or sign a new RB this summer?", there'd be a clear winner.

Galactico

He has improved his attacking play but still makes me nervous as hell when we are on the back foot and does not do enough to relieve pressure. Partly it’s due to his poor positioning, but also he makes some strange clearances straight to the opposition when there were better choices (including hoofing the ball out for a throw-in).

Oscar Bonavena

AWB for his height, physicality, speed, athleticism but feck me, the cnut is capable of anything with the ball at his feet (and I don't mean that in a good way!)

Onerealunited

Just the fact that there is so much uncertainty between people here on who of the two is the best illustrates the need for us to buy a new RB to start and then use one of AWB or Dalot as backup

Revaulx

People who don’t think we need a new right back this summer are delusional.
Is the right answer.

Dalot really looked like he might be the one in the early part of the season, but has been poor since the WC and seems to be getting worse.

ETH has done wonders turning AWB into a much more rounded player, but I don’t think he’s ever going to be good enough. He just doesn’t seem capable of the intensity that ETH requires.

I’d sell him; his value must have gone up since he’s been playing a lot and been pretty decent. Bring a quality RB in who Dalot can keep on his toes.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
AWB for his height, physicality, speed, athleticism but feck me, the cnut is capable of anything with the ball at his feet (and I don't mean that in a good way!)
They're the same height and Dalot is better defending in the air (positionally and generally).

I'm also sure Dalot is one of the fastest (top speed) players in the team.

AwB is definitely amazing at tackling but that's about it, current form notwithstanding

red.knight

AWB is a capable defender. I remember nothing got past him a few seasons ago. We can't forget when he legitimately pocketed Neymar and Mbappe in the CL game. Sterling got so frustrated that he switched wings. AWB remains one of the best one-on-one defenders in the world. I had never seen a United fullback as good at winning the ball as him. It seemed impossible to get passed him. He became an easy target when the club went amiss last season and lost his confidence at the start of this season. But fair play to him, he’s put his head down and worked hard and got back into the team and has been brilliant every game he’s played. And the fact he's going forward, can take a good position to receive and cross. Much better and really positive. He has been completely reinvigorated under Ten Hag and hopefully he can continue to improve offensively. Dalot is superior going forward certainly, but he is not much of a defensive fullback. It's easier to improve going forward as a full-back than defensively, so I would take Wan Bissaka if I have to choose between the two. However, both are equally needed and we don’t need to sign another RB in the summer if him and Dalot are fighting for a starting place.

Born2Lose

Horses for courses, Dalot against defensive teams, AWB otherwise.

As long as they're both happy, I don't see a problem

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They're the same height and Dalot is better defending in the air (positionally and generally).

I'm also sure Dalot is one of the fastest (top speed) players in the team.

AwB is definitely amazing at tackling but that's about it, current form notwithstanding
Have you got any stats to back this up? It doesn't sound true at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.