Dan-Axel Zagadou

Dve

According to numerous reports, United have contacted Zagadou´s agent with the prospect of signing him in the summer (his contract with Dortmund ends in June).

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/01/05...lks-with-agent-of-bundesliga-defender/542725/
https://www.football365.com/news/ma...f-contract-dortmund-defender-zagadou-rangnick
https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/...t-of-highly-rated-borussia-dortmund-defender/
https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/...agent-of-soon-to-be-out-of-contract-defender/

I remember watching him play for Dortmund a couple seasons ago and I thought he looked really good, composted on the ball and strong in duels. He reminded me a bit of Upamecano, just taller (196 cm, according to Whoscored).

However, since then, I`ve hardly seen him play at all as his injury record is awful. If we can get him for free, it´s maybe not such a big risk, and he could be a long term solution and the replacement of Maguire (unless he dramatically gets his act together), but look at this:

Games missed
21/22Corona virusJan 2, 2022-3 days-
20/21Knee SurgeryMar 18, 2021Sep 30, 2021196 days23
20/21Torn Muscle FibreJan 17, 2021Feb 21, 202135 days8
20/21Torn knee ligamentAug 14, 2020Nov 29, 2020107 days15
19/20Ruptured knee ligamentApr 15, 2020Jun 18, 202064 days7
19/20Muscle fiber tearJan 16, 2020Jan 27, 202011 days2
18/19Knee ProblemsApr 17, 2019May 14, 201927 days4
18/19Muscular problemsFeb 8, 2019Feb 10, 20192 days1
18/19Metatarsal bone bruiseDec 2, 2018Feb 4, 201964 days8
17/18Torn muscle bundleMar 15, 2018May 6, 201852 days8
(https://www.transfermarkt.com/dan-axel-zagadou/verletzungen/spieler/344598)

Dan_F

My knee hurts just looking at that table.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Knee Problems.

Ruptured knee ligament.

Torn knee ligament.

Knee surgery.

Avoid like the plague, we've already got two crocks in defence.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is taking "we need a Phil Jones replacement" way too literally.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm glad all of the sources in the OP are shite. Looks like a nothing rumour.

Rocknrolla69er

Absolutely brainless swapping 1 Bailly for another.

Bailly robbing a living, constantly taking the piss with little niggles.

I'd say its Agent drumming up interest.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd be very surprised if there is any shred of truth to this.

Infra-red

We'll be linked to every player in Germany while Rangnick is here. I doubt there is any truth in this.

tomaldinho1

Top player, I remember trying to convince some on the caf he was the real deal a year or two ago. If on a free why not?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Great name. Guaranteed to be a star.

SAFMUTD

Top player, I remember trying to convince some on the caf he was the real deal a year or two ago. If on a free why not?
He's really injury prone, slow as Maguire and he's not that good. We already have Lindelof and Maguire in the "back up quality" department. We dont need another one.

Houdini

The man is a beast and a TOP talent but with those kind of knee injuries he should be avoided. Those are the worst injuries. The guy is basically finished at top level.

Gordon S

Not a terrible punt on a free transfer. Certainly has the size to play in the prem. Sweet left foot. Still young for a cb, only 22.

tomaldinho1

He's really injury prone, slow as Maguire and he's not that good. We already have Lindelof and Maguire in the "back up quality" department. We dont need another one.
I agree he looks a risk injury wise but he's not slow, he was too slow to be an LB but he's an absolute tower so it was natural he'd move centrally. Maguire's issue is he's immobile and he's slow, Zagadou, and most taller CBs unless they're a freak like peak VVD or Varane, are usually a bit ponderous but have a decent top speed. I wouldn't be surprised if we see at least one or two CBs leave this summer, having a high prospect but risky free signing wouldn't be a terrible idea.

afatzp

With Man Utd's medical team, he would be much worse and spending years on bed instead of match field. We definitely should stay away from this type of players, or fire the whole medical team and hire some real doctors.

Jericholyte2

Looking at the flip side of the injury angle, do we have appearance stats for the last three seasons?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Never heard of him but immediately don't want him. A) because that injury record and B) Well he's a Dortmund player. You'd think we'd learn our lesson eventually.

Ekeke

Looked a prospect when Dortmund first put him into the team as a teen. Hasnt played an awful lot and hasnt improved since then

BerryBerryShrew

Unless I'm mistaking him for another Dortmund center back, he's athletically quite a marvel.
Wasn't there some guy with bleached hair playing in the Euros for Switzerland? Akanji or something like that? He looked like a fantastic Dortmund prospect and he looked like a proper athlete too.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wasn't there some guy with bleached hair playing in the Euros for Switzerland? Akanji or something like that? He looked like a fantastic Dortmund prospect and he looked like a proper athlete too.
I guess it depends on how you define athleticism.

As you can see Zagadou has quite an impressive frame and while, relatively speaking, he's still quite mobile and has a decent top speed (at least before his injuries) that body costs a lot of mobility. Whereas Akanji is a "proper" athlete in the well rounded sense of the word, as he's quite quick and mobile, with a bit of strength, but not necessarily enough to just bully attackers of the ball.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I guess it depends on how you define athleticism.

As you can see Zagadou has quite an impressive frame and while, relatively speaking, he's still quite mobile and has a decent top speed (at least before his injuries) that body costs a lot of mobility. Whereas Akanji is a "proper" athlete in the well rounded sense of the word, as he's quite quick and mobile, with a bit of strength, but not necessarily enough to just bully attackers of the ball.
He looks like the CB equivalent of Traore

90 + 5min

Knee Problems.

Ruptured knee ligament.

Torn knee ligament.

Knee surgery.

Avoid like the plague, we've already got two crocks in defence.
Him to even stand is a miracle.

That said, incoming 5 years, 200 000/week contract.

Sounds of the Aquarium

I was thinking more this…

”we’re gonna rock down to Dan-Axel zagadou, and then we’ll be pressing higher…”

I’ll get my coat.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
leave it on the coat stand. i would give it a go!
superb player chants are my favorite, second only to superb comedy own goals