Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0nald0

Under a rug on top of a mountain under the stars.
Given a lot of people consider Dalot to be the long term answer at RB, I wonder whether a one or two season cameo by Dani Alves would be a good solution?

He's just announced that he's leaving PSG, he had a good season last season, keeping Meunier out of the team and he could give invaluable mentoring to Diogo.

Know we've been burnt with going for over the hill players in the past but in this circumstance, could it be a decent stop gap?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
On a free for a 1 or 2 year contract it's a no brainer for me.

Bwuk

In a heart beat. He's still excellent and we don't have many experienced winners.

Dalot can cover Shaw and what with the Europa League there will be plenty of games.

kode

he was not better than Meunier in Psg, many wonder why he was ahead on the picking order.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This could be a decent indicator of whether we really have changed our transfer plans because in the past couple of seasons this would certainly have been in line with a Woodward transfer.

Famous name, lots of followers already, etc etc.

LoneStar

For some reason, his face pisses me off so much and I feel like punching it.

So no thanks.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's too old to play RB at a high level. He did a decent job in midfield every now and then last season but that's it.

MattyB1986

No thanks! we need to build a team to grow with each other. No more cameo season signings. Ugh!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No no no.
Signing ex great players on mad money has to stop.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Coming into the Premier League at 36..?
He would be destroyed by the pace of the game here.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
No no no.
Signing ex great players on mad money has to stop.
This!

Don’t go paying mega money to once great players who wouldn’t come in their prime. Utd would become the new China.

I’m sure there would be people on here wanting a 40yr old Ronaldo.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Given a lot of people consider Dalot to be the long term answer at RB, I wonder whether a one or two season cameo by Dani Alves would be a good solution?

He's just announced that he's leaving PSG, he had a good season last season, keeping Meunier out of the team and he could give invaluable mentoring to Diogo.

Know we've been burnt with going for over the hill players in the past but in this circumstance, could it be a decent stop gap?

Based on what? He hasn't proved he is any better than Laird yet.

Tel074

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea must think they are playing Fifa . His legs have gone he would be awful in the PL

sp_107

God, It's so pathetic to see how UTD fans hopes have fallen in last few seasons, Now we are OK with a 36 old right back or a LB (Tierney) from SPL, Rice from west ham who did just well in few games and players from championship.

What happened to all our dreamy fans?

I think ED is hypnotising you all so much but the real low point is even in that state you are having bad dreams only.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
God, It's so pathetic to see how UTD fans hopes have fallen in last few seasons, Now we are OK with a 36 old right back or a LB (Tierney) from SPL, Rice from west ham who did just well in few games and players from championship.

I think ED is hypnotising you all so much but the real low point is even in that state you are having bad dreams only.
Aren't you aware of our league positions these days?

BlueHaze

Rice didn't do well only "in a few" games.

Judas

Open to offers
Based on what? He hasn't proved he is any better than Laird yet.
:lol: will the overrating of our youth players ever stop? You'd think some on here would have learnt their lesson by now. Laird has proven less than nothing as a first team player, to say he's proven better than Dalot is so unbelievably comical.

Art Vandelay

God no. He's 36 and coming from a farmers league where he's been on holiday. Also that incident with Neymar/Cavani and the penalty he looked like a bit of a twat getting himself mixed into it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If you aren't signing awb, it would make a lot of sense. He passes the test of still being your best fullback if he comes in, won't block the path much for dalot and can probably teach a few things to the players around him.

I imagine people were turning their nose at him for similar reasons when he joined PSG.

el3mel

He's a beast physically but not to the point of playing In PL at this age.

It's a good time for him to retire imo.

lukepowell1988

He is a free transfer would like to see him as a back up but his wages would be stupidly high.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
:lol: will the overrating of our youth players ever stop? You'd think some on here would have learnt their lesson by now. Laird has proven less than nothing as a first team player, to say he's proven better than Dalot is so unbelievably comical.
It’s more a comment about Dalot still being unproven at top level than overrating Laird.

Dalot is barely out of U21 level and has so much to prove but you see posts about him to be our number 1 RW in dream lineups here.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a beast physically but not to the point of playing In PL at this age.

It's a good time for him to retire imo.
Why would a guy who's still starting for Brazil want to retire?

el3mel

Why would a guy who's still starting for Brazil want to retire?
He has achieved everything bar World Cup and I'm not sure he can keep himself physically fit enough to be an efficient starter by Qatar 2022 in such a position that requires intense and continuous running.

Status
Not open for further replies.