Dani Ceballos | Arsenal Player on loan from Real Madrid

Yagami

Good post resistant
I always get the vowels in his last name mixed up

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Been a supporter since I was 8 - thanks to a mad Londoner substitute teacher I had in primary school, who had bleached blonde hair and always let us go outside and play footy and soccer. Mr, Rooke, if you're reading this you're a legend. I'm plastic.
Fixed, have a good day/night, cobber. ;)

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Look at this clown with an ex Chelsea player’s name as his username. Talking about bandwagoning. :lol::lol::lol:
Knew you were a very recent fan.

Nothing more needs to be said, you've outed yourself. Thanks for the laughs at your expense.

RedCurry

Knew you were a very recent fan.

Nothing more needs to be said, you've outed yourself. Thanks for the laughs at your expense.
Knew you are a typical irrelevant club’s fan trying to be relevant. Nothing needs to be said.

RedCurry

This is really shit banter, and that's coming from me.
I honestly wasn’t trying to banter any Arsenal fans. Some people say that Arsenal is top banter club, but not me.

Some twitter Arsenal fans saying Ceballos is what Pogba was supposed to be is top level delusion.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He apparently has a rocky relationship with Zidane. We might get him next year if Zidane is still there. Hope we have some kind of clause in saying that he can't be sold to a pl club. I'd hate for him to do well here and then be included in a Pogba deal to Utd.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He apparently has a rocky relationship with Zidane. We might get him next year if Zidane is still there. Hope we have some kind of clause in saying that he can't be sold to a pl club. I'd hate for him to do well here and then be included in a Pogba deal to Utd.
Yeah why not, after all Arsenal own him and can dictate terms when they sell him :D

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah why not, after all Arsenal own him and can dictate terms when they sell him :D
Its not like we've got no leverage, we've given 4m as a loan fee and are paying his wages. I expect Raul to have worked something out in the contract, he had mentioned something when we got him.

roonster09

Scout
Its not like we've got no leverage, we've given 4m as a loan fee and are paying his wages. I expect Raul to have worked something out in the contract, he had mentioned something when we got him.
End of the day it's a loan deal with no option to buy, which means you don't have anything to do with his next club or to which club Madrid sells him. Just paying him 4 million to Madrid doesn't give you right to stop his next transfer. At best you will have 1 year to tap him up and sign next season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only question that really needs to be asked is at 5.5m is he going to keep up 2 assists in every game?

roonster09

Scout
Only question that really needs to be asked is at 5.5m is he going to keep up 2 assists in every game?
It's not like it was some genius play to create the chances. It was more on the striker than Ceballos. 2nd goal was all on Auba.

roonster09

Scout
Oh really? I haven't seen the goals.
Yeah, first one was corner, there was a mix up and Laca did very well to score the goal. Second Ceballos won the ball near the half way, Auba then carried the ball and scored from outside the box.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Good player and seems suited to the PL but I don't see how spending money on a loan deal, with no option to buy and improving a player for Madrid is a good idea.

charlenefan

Yeah, first one was corner, there was a mix up and Laca did very well to score the goal. Second Ceballos won the ball near the half way, Auba then carried the ball and scored from outside the box.
Bah!! And that's why the assist stat can be rubbish

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

He’s not the most productive of footballers in his career so far but he’s always on the verge of breaking out into a more efficient footballer. Fact he’s taking majority of set pieces at Arsenal and has runners around him, probably guaranteed game time and likely to grow under Emery makes him one of the best signings at 5.5m.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
End of the day it's a loan deal with no option to buy, which means you don't have anything to do with his next club or to which club Madrid sells him. Just paying him 4 million to Madrid doesn't give you right to stop his next transfer. At best you will have 1 year to tap him up and sign next season.
Let me put it this way, if Iniesta was available for 1 year at 4 million, would you take him? I would. I'd have liked to get him with an option to buy, but its obvious why Real Madrid didn't want to let him go.
On a separate note, isn't it a little strange that Real Madrid are hoovering up talent, when they like to make a big song and dance about their signings. Asensio, Ceballos, Vinicius Jr. could have had a 4 year term at another club and they could've bought them when they're 25 years old. Real Madrid could've had their statement signing and some other club could get a good player for 4 odd years.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Let me put it this way, if Iniesta was available for 1 year at 4 million, would you take him? I would. I'd have liked to get him with an option to buy, but its obvious why Real Madrid didn't want to let him go.
On a separate note, isn't it a little strange that Real Madrid are hoovering up talent, when they like to make a big song and dance about their signings. Asensio, Ceballos, Vinicius Jr. could have had a 4 year term at another club and they could've bought them when they're 25 years old. Real Madrid could've had their statement signing and some other club could get a good player for 4 odd years.
Madrid don’t really have the money to operate like that anymore despite their big claims in the media.

charlenefan

Iniesta? Chris no pressure on Ceballos eh

AshRK

So far good but the amount of overreaction by some Arsenal fans in social media is insane. It was not like he performed like a peak Zidane. Just a solid player but has to show more to be categorized as anything special.

roonster09

Scout
Maybe you quoted wrong post.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
Good player and seems suited to the PL but I don't see how spending money on a loan deal, with no option to buy and improving a player for Madrid is a good idea.
Having a good player for a single year is much better than not having that good player at all.

At a £7m cost (4m fee, 3m wages) if he can help us get CL before sauntering back to Madrid he'll have been worth the money. He's a cheap gamble for the year, nothing more.

So far good but the amount of overreaction by some Arsenal fans in social media is insane. It was not like he performed like a peak Zidane. Just a solid player but has to show more to be categorized as anything special.
Think the overreaction is due to how underwhelming his cameo was against Newcastle. That and social media being full of idiots.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
An Arsenal fan praising an Arsenal player. How weird.

AshRK

An Arsenal fan praising an Arsenal player. How weird.
There is difference between praising someone and overreacting. He was good but was he awesome , i don't think so. And then you see comparison with Pogba it makes you laugh. But then again it is arsenal fans what else do you expect. Didn't some of them proclaim Xhaka was better than Pogba and Kante or Mustafi could be the next Vidic. Nothing new in that.

RedDevilRoshi

Let’s not forget Arsenal fans were raving like mad about Mkhitaryan after his debut for them. You’d thought they just signed Messi. They done the same with Mustafi, thinking he was some sort of Beckenbauer.

Don’t judge him after one game. Let’s see how he does over a sustained period and if he can stay consistent.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought he was brilliant against Burnley. Very good player, do Arsenal have first refusal or option to buy?

SATA

Against Burnley at home eh? Let’s wait for more. He won’t fancy it away at Burnley’s place, these Spanish fairies

AshRK

Having a good player for a single year is much better than not having that good player at all.

At a £7m cost (4m fee, 3m wages) if he can help us get CL before sauntering back to Madrid he'll have been worth the money. He's a cheap gamble for the year, nothing more.

Think the overreaction is due to how underwhelming his cameo was against Newcastle. That and social media being full of idiots.
To be fair I thought he was pretty decent for the time given against Newcastle. You are correct on Social media part and sadly for you lot AFTV especially DT and Troopz make things difficult for your fan base. But over the past year we have found our own AFTV in United stand and it pains me to have some stupid, deluded people represent our fan base.

Robbie Boy

Meh, when the team are playing shite opposition he’ll flourish to some extend. He’ll be useless in the bigger games.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Very promising full debut but still very early days, looks a good talent and hopefully he can keep it going. Exactly what we need in midfield, good press resistance, superb dribbling and driving things forward. Bigger tests to come though...

I thought he was brilliant against Burnley. Very good player, do Arsenal have first refusal or option to buy?
I don't think we have either, we supposedly have an agreement with Florentino that we will discuss the move next summer. It sounds very vague and tbh doesn't really mean much. If the player wants to move back to R.Madrid having an option to buy doesn't really mean much either. If the player wants to stay I think we will have a good chance to sign him and be in pole position, same happened with Kovacic for Chelsea. We might end up paying £10m-£15m more than we would like but I think by next season he will be fully settled in as well.

If he helps us finish Top 4 and leaves, it won't be ideal but I can live with that. For us getting back into the top 4 is everything, unlike Man Utd we don't have the huge turnover to keep swallowing the financial losses that being out of the top 4 have bought us.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Very good player and the type of player arsenal has been crying for. The central midfield was really weak last season abd didnt have anyone who can dictate the play

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
He had a very good debut. I'm optimistic and think he can help us a lot this season but let's not get carried away. Forget the comparisons to Pogba, he reminded me more of Cazorla with his quick feet and ability to take on players. If he can get anywhere near Santi's form for us I'd be delighted. We'll see.