Dani Ceballos - loan to Arsenal from RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

In one of the interview with Simon Stone, Peach and others. He said McTominay and Pereira will start at least 20 games and they are the replacements.
You should have at least 6/7 midfielders in your squad. Funny he would say this when he strictly pointed out how many and the areas he wanted to bring players in for. He then stated 2 midfielders in that interview , I remember
RB, CB, 2 midfielders and a forward he said.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm not how this will play out for Arsenal if Caballos does become a success.

Will he want to stay at Arsenal next season permanently with or without CL ?
Can Arsenal afford him if he does want to stay or ,to put it more bluntly, will Kroenke want to put his hands in his pockets to make a permanent transfer possible ?
Will a successful personal campaign get him back into Madrid's/Zidane's thoughts ?
Its just a loan deal no option to buy.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You should have at least 6/7 midfielders in your squad. Funny he would say this when he strictly pointed out how many and the areas he wanted to bring players in for. He then stated 2 midfielders in that interview , I remember
RB, CB, 2 midfielders and a forward he said.
He didn't mention any position in that interview (it's posted on caf). He said we are looking at couple of players and will sign players if any players leave.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Do you think there's any chance you will sell him?
If R.Madrid land Pogba I think there is a chance they'll let him go.

You can view this transfer how you want but our midfield is a shambles, we desperately needed someone this season. If the plan is to go big on Zaha this summer then we needed to defer payment until next season and make sure we secure CL football. Fact is Ceballos is for me one of the top CM talents in world football, we will have to convince him to stay but I think we have a good chance.

Without Ramsey as well we don't have anyone driving us forward from midfield, Ramsey technically was a bit lacking but is a genuine goal scorer. Ceballos the opposite in a way, he is

I'm not how this will play out for Arsenal if Caballos does become a success.

Will he want to stay at Arsenal next season permanently with or without CL ?
Can Arsenal afford him if he does want to stay or ,to put it more bluntly, will Kroenke want to put his hands in his pockets to make a permanent transfer possible ?
Will a successful personal campaign get him back into Madrid's/Zidane's thoughts ?
If we get into the CL then we should be able to afford him, it will come down to whether the player wants to stay more than anything. Even if we have an option to buy there is no guarantee he would stay, it would just mean R.Madrid couldn't dick us around if the player was happy to stay. Sounds like the clubs have a verbal agreement for the time being so will have to hope that stands.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
There were stories with France about him picking and choosing players alongside Thuram and Desailly, and later Makélélé. If they didn't like/rate you, you were done. There is no proof of it but I have always believed it
This is true, even when he wasn't the captain, his influence rivalled or surpassed Deschamps, I remember the story regardong WC98, Dugarry wouldn't have made the squad if it wasn't for his bond with Zidane. Jacquet wasn't against it though.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs wanted him too didn't they?

He and Saliba chose the goons.
I think Levy backed off at the fee and the fact there was no buy option, no point improving a player if you are not going to get to keep. Saliba I seen the interest but we have already signed a player and loaned him back this season and we have Foyh and Sanchez as back up so we may well have been interested but its not a position that's needed this season. Plus he will get much more football at Arsenal next season.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
I think Levy backed off at the fee and the fact there was no buy option, no point improving a player your not going to get to keep. Saliba I seen the interest but we have already signed a player and loaned him back this season and we have Foyh and Sanchez as back up so we may well have been interested but its not a position that's needed this season. plus he will get much more football at Arsenal.
That 12m figure is nonsense. Originated in the Sun and that fact it's only the Mail/Star/Metro running with it should tell you something.

Plus, I mean, us paying 12m for a loan? Have you met our club?!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That 12m figure is nonsense. Originated in the Sun and that fact it's only the Mail/Star/Metro running with it should tell you something.

Plus, I mean, us paying 12m for a loan? Have you met our club?!
Yeah seems an insane amount, The Sun ran with £3M yesterday then upped it today, probably just for clicks.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think Levy backed off at the fee and the fact there was no buy option, no point improving a player if you are not going to get to keep. Saliba I seen the interest but we have already signed a player and loaned him back this season and we have Foyh and Sanchez as back up so we may well have been interested but its not a position that's needed this season. Plus he will get much more football at Arsenal next season.
That's what doesn't make sense. They must be incredibly desperate and skint (even though it will cost 12m)

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
That's what doesn't make sense. They must be incredibly desperate and skint (even though it will cost 12m)
How can anyone really think we would pay 12m for a loan with no option to buy? The whole reason we were looking for loans is because we wanted to safe money on transfers for this position, so we would have some money left for a LB and a Winger. Paying 12m for him would defeat that whole purpose. The loan fee is about 3m

We are desperate though, hence we agreed to just a loan with no option to buy (even if apparently Real have given assurances they would talk about a permanent transfer after the season has finshed). The idea is he helps us get into the CL, after that with the extra money we will have a chance to bid for him or bid for another high quality CM, which we can't do at the moment.

Beggars can't be choosers.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Apparently he cost Arsenal over £12M in a loan fee :lol:
Apparently meaning a rumour by some random Spanish outlet that some tabloids here have latched onto. We are desperate but we also are a bunch of cheapskates, not a chance in hell we'd pay that much. We won't cough up a few million extra to finalise the Tierney deal, you think we'd pay £12m loan fee to R.Madrid? :lol:

Is the rumoured guaranteed playing time correct?
Definitely not but then again when you look at the state of our midfield he probably doesn't need anything in writing to know he should start most weeks.....

JazzG

Resident Arse.
It is a bit shit but even if you have an option to buy it doesn't guarantee the player will stay. I see it similar to the Kovacic deal, next summer if we get CL football and the player has settled in here I think R.Madrid will be open to talks. Right now we just need to get players over the line, get back into the CL and build from there.

Worse case he helps us finish Top 4 and leaves, I can live with that. Three years out of the CL has fecked us up big time.

meamth

Just came back from twitter.

Those Arsenal twats said this guy is what Pogba supposed to be.

Ridiculous.

IrishRedDevil

Just came back from twitter.

Those Arsenal twats said this guy is what Pogba supposed to be.

Ridiculous.
Arsenal fans are the kings of talking nonsense on twitter, pay no attention. One decent game vs Burnley is apparently all that is needed to make massive assumptions.

Pepe nutmegged Ben Mee and then give the ball away, and also done nothing else all half, yet I seen Arsenal fans saying Pepe is out there ending careers. Weirdos.

Status
Not open for further replies.