Dani Olmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

Exactly. We just don't seen to fancy these sort of players sadly.

Now maybe if Olmo was British..
If Olmo was British he would be on our radar 100 % and we would have no problem offering over 50 million for him. Just look at what we paid for Maguire and what we willl undoubtedly end up paying for at least 2 out of Madison/Grealish/Rice/Longstaff

Resch

Olmo costs Leipzig just 18.5 Mill. € another 1 mill. per 15 matches (max. 4 mill. €) another 2 mill. € for the CL (max. 6 mill. €) and another 2 mill. € for a Bundesliga title. United does not find a way to sign any talant and other clubs can sign real talant for peanuts. Ed is just useless......

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Olmo costs Leipzig just 18.5 Mill. € another 1 mill. per 15 matches (max. 4 mill. €) another 2 mill. € for the CL (max. 6 mill. €) and another 2 mill. € for a Bundesliga title. United does not find a way to sign any talant and other clubs can sign real talant for peanuts. Ed is just useless......
I don't really get that, our managers pick the targets but it's Woodward that is useless? Do people want to see him pick the targets and impose them to the manager?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
20m for a spanish international that can play basically any position from midfield to attack, is quick and would suit our style, and we aren't interested? I just don't get our management sometimes.

He will end up leaving RBL for triple that.

Resch

I don't really get that, our managers pick the targets but it's Woodward that is useless? Do people want to see him pick the targets and impose them to the manager?
Most of the clubs have DoF, who is responsible to pick the players. The manager tells him his needs and the DoF signs the player, who he thinks fits best.

izec

20m for a spanish international that can play basically any position from midfield to attack, is quick and would suit our style, and we aren't interested? I just don't get our management sometimes.

He will end up leaving RBL for triple that.
Yeah, quite a few missed a trick here. I think United especially, since we are in need of quality. He was really cheap for the talent and potential. Haaland and Olmo are already 2 big talents that were available in the winter period for relatively low fees.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Great signing yet again by RBL, we could really learn a thing or 2 from their recruitment. They quietly get Olmo done quickly while we haggle over instalments for a month over Fernandes.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Like I've said before, we need Rangnick as DoF
We refuse to hire a DOF period because that would mean Woodward handing over some power.

This is by no means hyperbolic, if you think we’re a mess on the pitch we’re 10x worse off the pitch. Everything about the club is rotten to the core.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Most of the clubs have DoF, who is responsible to pick the players. The manager tells him his needs and the DoF signs the player, who he thinks fits best.
And at United the manager used to make the list of target himself and now it's supposed to be a committee. If you are not happy with the targets then you should look at these, when a club with a DOF doesn't target certain players people question him not the people above him.

Adam-Utd

Yeah, quite a few missed a trick here. I think United especially, since we are in need of quality. He was really cheap for the talent and potential. Haaland and Olmo are already 2 big talents that were available in the winter period for relatively low fees.
I get why we were nervous about the Haaland deal as they wanted a 70m release clause or something along those lines, it leaves us wide open.

Olmo though seemed like the ideal player for us. I don't want to hear about no value in the market when deals like that happen.

hungrywing

For sub 40m, we would have gotten 30+ goals.

Someone needs to strap Woodward to a chair, tape his eyelids open and and play Moneyball on repeat.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I get why we were nervous about the Haaland deal as they wanted a 70m release clause or something along those lines, it leaves us wide open.

Olmo though seemed like the ideal player for us. I don't want to hear about no value in the market when deals like that happen.
I really do not see the big deal about that release clause. A player will only leave of he wants to regardless of a release clause. The fee was so small it was absolutely worth it. The worst case scenario is that he would have left after about 18 months, which would only happen if he was scoring lots of goals for us.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If we don’t get in Fernandes then with Haaland and Olmo going so cheaply we are completely lacking ambition

beingshe7don

Olmo and Fernandes would have been such good signings. Olmo can play right flank as well. It's such a travesty. He went for the same price we got Dan James.

passing-wind

This is exactly what fans are missing it's like there's some massive void of common sense when it comes to the opinions on upper management.

Solskjaer has established that it's him and the likes of Phelan and co that are responsible for who we are purchasing. We have missed out on a ridiculous amount of talent since Ole's been appointed, many targets of whom have gone for less than 60 million. The idea that we have a changed transfer strategy is absolute rubbish.

passing-wind

If we don’t get in Fernandes then with Haaland and Olmo going so cheaply we are completely lacking ambition
You've got to put that on Ole he is solely responsible for identifying the recruitment. I'll give him a pass on the Haaland as we did try.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is exactly what fans are missing it's like there's some massive void of common sense when it comes to the opinions on upper management.

Solskjaer has established that it's him and the likes of Phelan and co that are responsible for who we are purchasing. We have missed out on a ridiculous amount of talent since Ole's been appointed, many targets of whom have gone for less than 60 million. The idea that we have a changed transfer strategy is absolute rubbish.
Targeting likes of Todd Cantwell instead - as good as they may be its like they scout by watching the games they play against us.

hungrywing

I really do not see the big deal about that release clause. A player will only leave of he wants to regardless of a release clause. The fee was so small it was absolutely worth it. The worst case scenario is that he would have left after about 18 months, which would only happen if he was scoring lots of goals for us.
Any executive confident in his/her abilities would think along the above lines. If he leaves, fine; he'll have helped during that time and we're still strong. Your goal is to be successful enough that people want to come/stay.

Woodward acts out of fear in literally everything he does. In this case, he doesn't see a path to creating a situation where 18 months down the line, Halaand would want to re-sign and without a release clause.

passing-wind

For sub 40m, we would have gotten 30+ goals.

Someone needs to strap Woodward to a chair, tape his eyelids open and and play Moneyball on repeat.
Strap Ole down instead because for a long time it's been established that Solskjaer is the one identifying transfer targets. I don't blame the club for missing out on Haaland for two potential reasons, either he didn't want to play for Ole / the club or we didn't want the release clause in his contract. The likes of Olmo is down to Ole because if he was English we would have been all over him.

Our transfer strategy has absolutely no merit outside England. Hence we need a DOF to oversee the recruitment not a singular manager who's likely to be fired within the next 2 years.

mav_9me

We can't keep spending huge amounts.
We can't take gambles.
We can't find hidden gems.

We can only brief the press about how we are revolutionizing our recruitment.
We can only keep being shit.

Franchise malpractice as you hear in American sports.

Adam-Utd

I guess it's not a good look for a club if your best player is getting poached and leaving - but in our situation it would have been an acceptable deal for now.

Honestly though I think he just chose Dortmund, I don't really blame him.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
I guess it's not a good look for a club if your best player is getting poached and leaving - but in our situation it would have been an acceptable deal for now.

Honestly though I think he just chose Dortmund, I don't really blame him.
Dortmund regularly play in UCL and progress to last 16. He's already on 4 goals or something. Smart move by him and pizzaman. His stock will only increase as he continue gaining exposure. Time to cash in the next big money transfer for the fat git.

Bestietom

Yep, another one slipped away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.