Dani Olmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

Manchester United have offered 40 million euro to sign him, he was one of the highly Spanish rated midfielders who went through Barcelona academy. He can offer us more versatile roles to play in 3 midfield, false 9, on both wings or attacking midfielders.

The Croatian sports media version of BBC sport in term of reliability has reported this as well in Croatia.

SambaBoy

Heard good things about him. Went back to Croatia as he was promised game time and that they would develop him into a star and then sell him to a top European club.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Youtube’d him. Fast, skill, driving runs, good shooting. Announce.

deafepl

Heard good things about him. Went back to Croatia as he was promised game time and that they would develop him into a star and then sell him to a top European club.
He was a man of the match in U21 Euro final, the likes of AWB, Maddison, Aouar, Barela, Soler, Jovic, Guendouzi, Kean played in this tournament. He was one of the best players in the competition even though Fuiz won the player of the tournament.

luke511

Looks like he played on the right for the majority of the tournament for Spain. Would be well up for this signing, he looks really good.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I like him a lot. That whole Spain team looked pretty superior in their passing and technical ability all over the pitch. He was one of the standouts, but they had quite a few tasty players. The other very tasty player I noticed was Italy's Chiesa, and of course, that German kid who scored a bunch of goals.

Suv666

Is the source really reliable? Its weird none of the transfer related accounts on twitter are tweeting about this.

Wayne's World

Looked a really good talent for the Spanish under 21's. Would approve this signing alot from the bits I have seen of him

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I remember some Zagreb fans did a sort of write up a while back about their team on Reddit and they were raving about this kid. They were convinced he was destined for the big time.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I thought we were being sponsored by a pasta sauce company for a moment.

wurzel-red

Even if true, which it probably isn’t I don’t want this. He’ll take a couple years to develop and by then, if he’s any good the big Spanish clubs will come sniffing and he’ll be off.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks fantastic on the YouTubes.

Even if true, which it probably isn’t I don’t want this. He’ll take a couple years to develop and by then, if he’s any good the big Spanish clubs will come sniffing and he’ll be off.
There is that worry with the Spanish/South American players players but then again, if he's good enough for Madrid or Barcelona he's going to be very special. And given the market there's no guarantee they can actually but him off us. And even if they do they'd have to pay us a huge fee. Also teams like City have somehow managed to keep Aguero and Silva despite them being played a who should ideally idslly want that move too so there's something they've done right which we can heed from.

Understand the concern though. We don't want to spend 2 years making a star only for him to want to leave at the drop of a hat. Think we can protect ourselves in those situations by sorting out transfers better. Obviously the player actually had to be good enough for any of the above to be relevant. Really now he's just a young talent.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Noooooooooooo.... it will mean that we wont get the Villa superstar, John Messi McGinn.

We are doomed now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Remember watching him a few months back and thinking ‘this kid is skinny’.

Hard to really tell with a player at Zagreb, and I didn’t watch much of the 21s this summer.

Red_Orchestra

Weren't we linked with him last year along with AC Milan?

Anyways, it's good to hear that we are being linked with a right wing #7.

AFC NimbleThumb

Football Manager legend so I’m all for it.

I actually like the idea of buying the obscure that might turn out to be great in the right circumstances.

No deal is a guarantee [Sanchez says hello] so I’m all for this strategy.

red thru&thru

Just seen a YouTube video of him, kid looks good. Reminds me of Isco. Where would play in our team? Is he what we always hoped Mata would be for us?

Ekeke

Averaged 4 shots per game for Spain u21s, Spain's most and the 4th most at the tournament. 2 key passes, Spain's 3rd most there.

£35 million for one of the top 3 performers in Spain's u21 tournament win? I guess its not that unreasonable but I wonder how much Ceballos is worth then.

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah like that goalkeeper we signed as a kid who flew back to Spain first chance he got…..what was his name…:David something ?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Been a huge fan ever since I heard about him one hour ago.
I have so much to tell you about 3D (aka Danz, Danz, Danz) based on the videos I have seen on YT. Fantastic passing, amazing assists and whenever he shoots, he never misses. Out of this world.

Another must get Woodward!

Fyi. There are an amazing number of fantastic players on Youtube. Who needs a scouting system when the players are a click away.

RedCurry

I once said we need to scout some of the talented players out there who are perhaps not that well known. We are doing that alright. Makes me uncomfortable though.

reddevilz007

Averaged 4 shots per game for Spain u21s, Spain's most and the 4th most at the tournament. 2 key passes, Spain's 3rd most there.

£35 million for one of the top 3 performers in Spain's u21 tournament win? I guess its not that unreasonable but I wonder how much Ceballos is worth then.

Speaking of Spain’s top performers, I’d certainly look into Fabian Ruiz if Pogba leaves ;)

He has a very good passing range and can score from distance with both feet.

Last edited:

Coops73

Looks like one of those 50 scouts out there is doing his job...or not depending on if the report is true

Ban

Would be a really good transfer. Can play as a winger, number 10 and even in midfield. Concern would be that he would like to go back to Barcelona in a few years. Did really well at Dinamo and as much as I'd be sad to see him leave on the other hand I'd be happy to see him at United if possible.

Don't believe SN though, they basically copy news from all around.

Zed 101

As this story is coming out of Croatia this is either true or an agent trying to gain exposure for his player, either way at that price in the current market for a player with lots of 1st team experience albeit in a different league then it has got to be worth it (based purely on extensive YT research of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.