Dani Olmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Transfermarkt probably isn't a great way to figure out where they play since they only collect very basic info. Whoscored is a bit better because you can look at individual match details although of course the diagram only shows where they started the game which can be misleading. From the actual footage I've seen of him he looks equally comfortable in the middle or on the flanks, largely because he's both technically good and he's quick.
You can do the same on transfrmarket it’s just a lot harder to use and in previous years who scored data has been quite shady so I don’t really use it.

But anyway it seems he can play in various positions and has played central which for me is somewhere we need players.

Bwuk

Can’t say I’ve ever seen him play but at the sort of £££ he sounds like he might be worth a punt. My only issue would be wed of spent not far off £100m and only have AWB as a starter for that sort of £.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Just sounds like his agent is linking this guy with everyone to drum up interest.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just sounds like his agent is linking this guy with everyone to drum up interest.
From bits and pieces I’ve read, they value him far higher than anyone is willing to bid. I imagine you have bid 25m euros, but they’re hoping for 40 after a good u21. We’re always a good name to jump the price up. Shame, would like a player like him.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs bound, so too is LoCelso.
Id say Lo Celso is if Eriksen is otm to RM which seems likely.

Ive honestly never heard of this guy, watching Zagreb play or the Spanish U21's is not something I do.

But seems odd this kid would go to Spurs, young players need game time and with Lo Celso and Ndombele being added to the Spurs squad I dont see where he fits into the Spurs midfield. Unless Spurs are taking a Chelsea approach in buying him and then loaning him out. Moura, Lo Celso(if they get him) Lamela, Son, Alli. They seem well stocked in that area.

witchtrials

But seems odd this kid would go to Spurs, young players need game time and with Lo Celso and Ndombele being added to the Spurs squad I dont see where he fits into the Spurs midfield. Unless Spurs are taking a Chelsea approach in buying him and then loaning him out. Moura, Lo Celso(if they get him) Lamela, Son, Alli.
He was also recently quoted saying that if he moved it would need to be to a club where he was going to play.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Id say Lo Celso is if Eriksen is otm to RM which seems likely.

Ive honestly never heard of this guy, watching Zagreb play or the Spanish U21's is not something I do.

But seems odd this kid would go to Spurs, young players need game time and with Lo Celso and Ndombele being added to the Spurs squad I dont see where he fits into the Spurs midfield. Unless Spurs are taking a Chelsea approach in buying him and then loaning him out. Moura, Lo Celso(if they get him) Lamela, Son, Alli. They seem well stocked in that area.
They have absolutely no back up/competition for Son and Moura on either wing

kojigod

Has anyone watched him consistently, if so what’s the scout report?
I'm not very confident he's coming (been linked with A BUNCH of clubs in Croatian papers), and I know I have zero credit on this forum, but for what it's worth - I'm from Croatia, and been watching him play for a few years for Dinamo + watched most of Spain's U21 games, more or less to see how he's doing :-)

He's very good.

Dinamo has a good youth program. They don't really have fans, so the only option for them is creating and then selling out players. More than half of Croatia's national team that played the WC finals comes from Dinamo's youth program. Dani Olmo came to Zagreb to improve and then go the way of the likes of Luka Modrić, Mateo Kovačić, Dean Lovren etc.

That's why he played for Dinamo. Definitely not because he didn't have other options. His father (ex footballer himself) wanted him to grow somewhere where they'll value his buildup more than results. Dinamo is such club: they will invest more into building players than having good results.

Felix left Benfica for stunning 126 million euros. Dinamo played Benfica in Europa League's round of 16. Benfica did win after overtime in 2nd leg. But I'll be damned if Olmo didn't play twice as good as Felix did those two matches.

Olmo played very well in
- almost all league matches (awarded best player at the end of the league);
- all Europa League matches (chosen in "team of the tournament" by several media);
- all of the games he played at U21 Euro (chosen for the best player of finals; 3 goals and an assist from 4 appearances).

(P.S. I know it will be hard to believe, but - I'm not even his manager :-))

Reactions: Sultan

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm not very confident he's coming (been linked with A BUNCH of clubs in Croatian papers), and I know I have zero credit on this forum, but for what it's worth - I'm from Croatia, and been watching him play for a few years for Dinamo + watched most of Spain's U21 games, more or less to see how he's doing :-)

He's very good.

Dinamo has a good youth program. They don't really have fans, so the only option for them is creating and then selling out players. More than half of Croatia's national team that played the WC finals comes from Dinamo's youth program. Dani Olmo came to Zagreb to improve and then go the way of the likes of Luka Modrić, Mateo Kovačić, Dean Lovren etc.

That's why he played for Dinamo. Definitely not because he didn't have other options. His father (ex footballer himself) wanted him to grow somewhere where they'll value his buildup more than results. Dinamo is such club: they will invest more into building players than having good results.

Felix left Benfica for stunning 126 million euros. Dinamo played Benfica in Europa League's round of 16. Benfica did win after overtime in 2nd leg. But I'll be damned if Olmo didn't play twice as good as Felix did those two matches.

Olmo played very well in
- all Europa League matches (chosen in "team of the tournament" by several media);
- all of the games he played at U21 Euro (chosen for the best player of finals; 3 goals and an assist from 4 appearances).

And if reports are to be believed he's going to Spurs for near to what we paid Swansea for Daniel James. Criminal.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So Spurs have bought Ndombele, now they are going to bring in Cabellos and now this guy too? Yeah right
Why not? I'd say we will be bringing in Cabellos, another midfielder if Eriksen goes, the Sessingon brothers and a RB hopefully.

RoLo

I remember some Zagreb fans did a sort of write up a while back about their team on Reddit and they were raving about this kid. They were convinced he was destined for the big time.
I'd be interested in reading this. Have you got a link?

Ander herrera the warrior

I've seen him enough to know he can play anywhere across attacking line. You're right about him playing RW for spain and being great, that's because he's intelligent player who'll adapt to any role in the team really, but his natural position and best place on the pitch is in the middle of it.
Isn't that exactly what we need since Ole loves 443 and 442 diamond formation. He will be able to fit both formation perfectly.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So we have been gazumped by Spurs?

Lads, it's United.
Doubt we're even in for him. Personally, would love to see him join our side but think if we do sign another midfielder, it will be a defensive midfielder to replace Matic

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Isn't that exactly what we need since Ole loves 443 and 442 diamond formation. He will be able to fit both formation perfectly.
I'm not fan of players playing out of position. Olmo can cover wing positions but he's natural in the middle of the park. Don't want him on the wings since he's not natural winger just like Lingard or Mata aren't yet we persist with playing them on the right and we've all seen how that works. If we buy Olmo and play him on the wings then we're doing the same thing over and over again.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
So we have been gazumped by Spurs?

Lads, it's United.
Dont think he ever really was on our radar, Spurs buying him as a prospect probably. If the rumours are true, which they probably are not. Like all prospects could turn out a beneficial signing like Moura for them, could turn out a flop like Janssen.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He's very good.

Olmo played very well in

He seems very talented. Would love for us to bag one of the more talented young Spaniard.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hope the reports of Spurs beating us to him aren't true. Regardless of CL footy, we should be exerting our superior standing as a football club and financial resources to beat clubs like Spurs to the players we want to sign.

macheda14

I hope the reports of Spurs beating us to him aren't true. Regardless of CL footy, we should be exerting our superior standing as a football club and financial resources to beat clubs like Spurs to the players we want to sign.
We don’t know if we were ever actually in for him though

OleGunnar20

Looks like a talented young player, in a position of need, who plays good technical football, supposedly available at a very reasonable price.

Would be a shame to miss out.

SATA

This is the kind of signing i would like us to sign instead of the likes of Isco and Griezmann. I really like the reviews by the Croatian posters here who have seen him play

SparkedIntoLife

It's not an obvious enough signing for us. We tend to only go for the players that the average bloke down the pub can spot :( Would love us to go for him. Looks really talented, a good price and age profile, and literally everyone I've heard who have seen him play often in Croatia think he's destined for the top. Plus he's technical which I fear AWB and James aren't shit hot at (though they have great physical and mental skills).

Status
Not open for further replies.