Dani Olmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Where do all those names come from? I would be all for trying to get some more unknown players and hope we found the next Kante but it is also a big gamble to build on that idea given our current situation.

luke511

In hindsight it would've made a lot of sense signing this guy in the summer, he's had a bright start to the season. Could've slotted into the side at no.10 or on the right :rolleyes:

lysglimt

Scout
In hindsight it would've made a lot of sense signing this guy in the summer, he's had a bright start to the season. Could've slotted into the side at no.10 or on the right :rolleyes:
I saw him in 2 matches against Rosenborg - he was good but not great. And he didn't in any way stand out. Of course that was only 2 games, but he didn't look anywhere near ready for the P.L based on that!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Some people fail to understand that we're weak both in first team and in terms of quality strength in depth. I mean look at our RW.....Mata, Jesse, FFS we might as well not play a RW at all. If Olmo has the potential to be a United top player then we should had signed him. If he failed to do that, then tough luck, we'll use him as a cover for Sancho or Brooks. We'll still need that irrespectively

luke511

Some people fail to understand that we're weak both in first team and in terms of quality strength in depth. I mean look at our RW.....Mata, Jesse, FFS we might as well not play a RW at all. If Olmo has the potential to be a United top player then we should had signed him. If he failed to do that, then tough luck, we'll use him as a cover for Sancho or Brooks. We'll still need that irrespectively
That's my thought exactly, at worst he becomes a good squad player in two positions we're starved of quality.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He was clearly priced out of a move by Dinamo. No ones paying what they want (not sure I believe they want 40m euros, but you never know), he even said it himself last month.

Ban

Dinamo is in CL so his price will go up. He'll definitely get sold in the summer, maybe even in January depending on the results.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Dinamo is in CL so his price will go up. He'll definitely get sold in the summer, maybe even in January depending on the results.
What was his supposed price this summer? I see conflicting reports.

Ban

Wow. I’m very surprised no one took the plunge at that price.
I am too. But thats my guess, lots of sources said the different prices. Saying all that here all expected him to leave. As a Dinamo fan I'm glad he stayed he'll certainly help the team in the CL.

beingshe7don

I like the look at Dani Olmo. But I was also wondering what does the caf think about Fabian Ruiz from Napoli. He looks really talented but is extremely underrated.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I like the look at Dani Olmo. But I was also wondering what does the caf think about Fabian Ruiz from Napoli. He looks really talented but is extremely underrated.
Well we're complete shit so yeah, I'd take both. While we're on Serie A, Chiesa from Fiorentina although not under the radar is another hugely obvious Serie A talent that would be amazing for us, we (naively imo) must think we're going to be able to nab Sancho I guess. What could possibly go wrong :wenger:

Nr.7

Just had an excellent first 45 min against Atalanta in the CL.

Wonderful player. Great touch, strenght and balance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
His strike partner Orsic looks very decent aswell, hat trick aswell although surprised he's 26.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just had an excellent first 45 min against Atalanta in the CL.

Wonderful player. Great touch, strenght and balance.
It’s crazy he’s still there. I saw him first this summer at the u21s and he looked fantastic. A mixture of David silva and Deulofeu.

I think after this group stage he won’t be there long.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
It’s crazy he’s still there. I saw him first this summer at the u21s and he looked fantastic. A mixture of David silva and Deulofeu.

I think after this group stage he won’t be there long.
Its really strange no one gambled on him. I hope he doesnt go to barca or real and become a backup player. He is good enough to be star at United/Arsenal level of teams

JustABall

Is he on loan at Dinamo, or was he sold there?
Left Barcelona at a young age to develop at Dinamo who are usually the best club in Croatia at developing youngsters.

He’s steadily worked his way up to becoming the best player in Croatia over the past 3-4 years. Last season was the best of his career to date. Won all the accolades. And followed it up with an impressive showing for Spain U21 this summer.

Very high football IQ. The type of player Pep would admire.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Left Barcelona at a young age to develop at Dinamo who are usually the best club in Croatia at developing youngsters.

He’s steadily worked his way up to becoming the best player in Croatia over the past 3-4 years. Last season was the best of his career to date. Won all the accolades. And followed it up with an impressive showing for Spain U21 this summer.

I would admire too considering the knobheads we have

Suedesi

I followed Euro Under-21, he was phenomenal. I thought he was a Barca or Real player on loan at Dinamo. We should be all over him.

kojigod

according to the most popular Croatian sports journal, Manchester United and Borussia had scouts watching Dinamo vs. Atalanta in Zagreb, specifically targeting Dani Olmo (apparently there were dozens of scouts targeting a bunch of players, but only for United and Borussia they wrote that they strictly came to watch Olmo play in Champions League): https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogome...kusu-su-bila-jos-petorica-dinamovaca/9375731/

CM10

I would rather we went for someone like him than go down the obvious route of Maddison

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I've never seen this guy play. How alike are the two in current ability and potential?
I think they’re quite similar, Maddison is obviously league proven though and ahead in current ability. But stylistically they’re not too dissimilar.

izec

according to the most popular Croatian sports journal, Manchester United and Borussia had scouts watching Dinamo vs. Atalanta in Zagreb, specifically targeting Dani Olmo (apparently there were dozens of scouts targeting a bunch of players, but only for United and Borussia they wrote that they strictly came to watch Olmo play in Champions League): https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogome...kusu-su-bila-jos-petorica-dinamovaca/9375731/
Not surprised Dortmund are sniffing. If there is a good deal to be made for a technically gifted player, they are most likely interested.

devilish

I would rather we went for someone like him than go down the obvious route of Maddison
Same. Maddison would cost a bomb and he can only play as a no 10. Olmo on the other hand seems to be a better player potential wise, he'll cost less and he can also play as a winger

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Same. Maddison would cost a bomb and he can only play as a no 10. Olmo on the other hand seems to be a better player potential wise, he'll cost less and he can also play as a winger
Will be very interesting to know what he would cost. They dont zell their players for a lot of money. Dont think he will be above 20 million

dev1l

Will be very interesting to know what he would cost. They dont zell their players for a lot of money. Dont think he will be above 20 million
Reports say they refused a 30+ million offer from United

devilish

I think He will cost 40m while Maddison would cost more then twice that amount

Bestietom

This is one of a few players we could bring here in January, if Woodward gets his finger out.

Status
Not open for further replies.