Dani Olmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Olmo, odegard, Havertz, Maddison, players like that would be a great for us. Penetration and creativity that is badly missing through the middle. Add a right winger. Sancho or Chiesa? Haaland up front and an industrious midfielder with great passing through the lanes and a good shot on him. I think longstaff was a nice shout by the club but the price was crazy. Even if he comes good they are never going to get much more than what they were asking him last summer. I’m also starting to think we need a new LB if Williams doesn’t step up. He looks like a good player though.

olmo looks like a baller. He can do something unexpected which is where are lacking at the minute. Players have overcommit or take him down to stop him. He’s not going to cost the world. Worth a punt! Get some creative players in here, if they don’t work out sell them in a few seasons. There’s very little downside.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Olmo, odegard, Havertz, Maddison, players like that would be a great for us. Penetration and creativity that is badly missing through the middle. Add a right winger. Sancho or Chiesa? Haaland up front and an industrious midfielder with great passing through the lanes and a good shot on him. I think longstaff was a nice shout by the club but the price was crazy. Even if he comes good they are never going to get much more than what they were asking him last summer. I’m also starting to think we need a new LB if Williams doesn’t step up. He looks like a good player though.

olmo looks like a baller. He can do something unexpected which is where are lacking at the minute. Players have overcommit or take him down to stop him. He’s not going to cost the world. Worth a punt! Get some creative players in here, if they don’t work out sell them in a few seasons. There’s very little downside.
Yep. Players who can retain possession and move the play forward in central areas despite congestion, coupled with a RW like Sancho would be great.

luke511

We need a new no.10, back up no.10, RW and back up RW. He would fill in at 10 or RW straight away, and then potentially drop back as back up to either position in the far future if the standards rise and he doesn't. It's one of those transfers that makes too much sense, therefore it won't happen.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd go for mcginn in midfield, havertz as no 10 and olmo as RW

eltigreFalcao

NOthing but improvement if this guy comes. Starting to feel excited for the future. I do believe that a 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 formation is the one that better suits our strenghts and exploit the best out of what we have. Either Olmo or Sancho can operate in the role we're sorely missing and that is RW or Nº10/False9. Someone who can be dangerous on reduced spaces, able to score o give the last pass to the other two strikers. Also a pairing of 2 up front is something that either Rashford and Martial would relish on. Finally, fluidity is something we're starting to see and its getting great results as in the Liverpool game, this back 5 can turn easily a back 4, and the front line can switch positions as the strikers fancy some wing time here and there. That said, I picture something like this as our potential best XI

De Gea
WanBissaka - Maguire - Tuanzebe
James - McTomminay/Fred - Pogba - Shaw
Olmo/Sancho/Havertz
Rashford/Greenwood - Martial

Alternative front line

Sancho/Olmo - Martial/Haaland - Rashford/Martial

Reactions: Invictus

devilish

Scores for Spain.
Against one of the shittiest sides in Europe. Ah and I am Maltese.

We're probably the only nation in the world were the female national football team are way better then the male one. I'd wish we could play Rachel Cuschieri (PSV), Maria Farrugia (Sunderland), Nicole Sciberras (Juventus), Shona Zammit (Bari) and Ylenia Carabott (Chievo) instead of those freeloaders.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Against one of the shittiest sides in Europe. Ah and I am Maltese.

We're probably the only nation in the world were the female national football team are way better then the male one. I'd wish we could play Rachel Cuschieri (PSV), Maria Farrugia (Sunderland), Nicole Sciberras (Juventus), Shona Zammit (Bari) and Ylenia Carabott (Chievo) instead of those freeloaders.
Fair enough, I just find goals where players go around the goalkeeper very attractive no matter who the opposition is.

Last edited:

devilish

Fair enough, I just find goals where players goal around the goalkeeper very attractive no matter who the opposition is.
I would love to see Olmo sign for us. He represents value and he's at the right age to succeed here. However malta is truly a shit yardstick to use

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I would love to see Olmo sign for us. He represents value and he's at the right age to succeed here. However malta is truly a shit yardstick to use
I agree but aside from the Champions League where he's been impressing we don't really have many ways to measure his ability against top talent. From his playing style I can see the talent is there. I do hope we are in for him.

Johan Jovo

The kid really has something in him.. Have been watching him know for some time, god know what price tag will Mamic set for him...

Champagne Football

Zagreb are out of the CL now. I think if anyone is willing to spend on him in January then he will be available. I don't think it will be us as he's not a priority signing for us, with Pogba expected to come good in the 2nd half of the season.

LuckyScout78

Manchester United have offered 40 million euro to sign him, he was one of the highly Spanish rated midfielders who went through Barcelona academy. He can offer us more versatile roles to play in 3 midfield, false 9, on both wings or attacking midfielders.

The Croatian sports media version of BBC sport in term of reliability has reported this as well in Croatia.

I do like this player. But if i coach and manage this guy and player. I will put him in the position of Kevin De Bruyne. He is a kind of De Bruyne of player. It mean he and De Bruyne can play as wingers too. But both of them will be much better as a LCM or RCM player.

Example in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation

Sancho - De Bruyne/Olmo - McTom/Fabian - Olmo/PObga - Rashford/Marital + Marital/Rashford.

Olmo has the skills, pace, drive and energy of De Bruyne. But not a typical wingers like Sancho, Robben, Giggs or Ribery. Olmo like i said does have the pace, energy and drive. Definitive not sitting back. So like De Bruyne i will give him a more free offensive job to help the attack, the build up and move and make run with the ball forward.

So that are my description of him and where i think and believe he will suit best.

King Andow

Please let it be true, it would be the end of Lingard, Pereira and Mata in the starting XI, we're not going anywhere with them.

beingshe7don

Olmo for the No. 10 position would be just phenomenal. After missing out on Felix, I think this kid has what it takes to make it big. His dribbling style is very reminiscent of Hazard. How much is he worth? If we could get him, Sancho, a DM and perhaps a reliable striker, I think we would definitely strengthen immensely. Been hearing rumors of Angel Gomes leaving while we continue to give Periera playing time.

luke511

This is the biggest no brainer ever, I've said it so many times on this thread as well but it is. On the pitch and financially, because he's Spanish the move into the Premier League will instantly add value.

croadyman

Yeah haven't a clue why Utd are not all over this guy,got my doubts if we have even scouted him which is unbelievable when you look at the talent.

Ventura

People are so quick to blame the club for not signing certain players, but a club cannot simply decide to buy a player unless he agrees. United are reportedly interested, but he can essentially pick and choose where he wants to go. I'm 92 % sure he'll go back to Barca, as he said in November that he "hopes" to return to Spain, and Dinamo have confirmed offers from "many European clubs". So he might move in January, but I doubt we are very prominent in his "sphere of interest". We can hope, though.

Bestietom

Kulusevski is another we have been scouting, and made enquiries about him. Don't know if we have offered for him .

luke511

People are so quick to blame the club for not signing certain players, but a club cannot simply decide to buy a player unless he agrees. United are reportedly interested, but he can essentially pick and choose where he wants to go. I'm 92 % sure he'll go back to Barca, as he said in November that he "hopes" to return to Spain, and Dinamo have confirmed offers from "many European clubs". So he might move in January, but I doubt we are very prominent in his "sphere of interest". We can hope, though.
He's also come out and said all the big leagues are attractive. I imagine Spain is his first choice but he'd also snap up the opportunity to move to a big club in the Premier league. I wouldn't be surprised if Atletico swoop in for him sharpish.

mu4c_20le

Wants to go to a CL club. Will probably end up at At.Madrid as the price seems right for them.

Bondi77

We definitely need an attacking midfielder and I would say it is our priority position followed by another striker but if he wants Chmps Lgue next season it won’t be with us unless we win Europa again.
It would be great to see a player join a club and want to be part of a team that earns the right to play at the highest level, that is the sort of player I would like to join our club.

sherrinford

We definitely need an attacking midfielder and I would say it is our priority position followed by another striker but if he wants Chmps Lgue next season it won’t be with us unless we win Europa again.
It would be great to see a player join a club and want to be part of a team that earns the right to play at the highest level, that is the sort of player I would like to join our club.
No he would have preferred to have moved clubs in the summer, but was happy to stay to give the Champions League a go as his team qualified.

They are out now. Olmo very openly wants to move on. He plays for Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia. We are Manchester United - there is no way he would be scoffing at the thought of joining this club.

I never noticed Olmo at the U21 Euros (Fabian Ruiz and Ceballos stole the show) but he’s looked electric in the games I’ve seen of him in the Champions League. I think he would be a great signing.

United Pro

No he would have preferred to have moved clubs in the summer, but was happy to stay to give the Champions League a go as his team qualified.

They are out now. Olmo very openly wants to move on. He plays for Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia. We are Manchester United - there is no way he would be scoffing at the thought of joining this club.

I never noticed Olmo at the U21 Euros (Fabian Ruiz and Ceballos stole the show) but he’s looked electric in the games I’ve seen of him in the Champions League. I think he would be a great signing.
Olmo's agent name-dropped us and said that we don't have a player like Olmo. You'd think he would certainly consider joining us if we were to make a move. However, Atletico are reportedly at the front of the queue for his signature and it'd be tough for Olmo to reject them for us currently.

Flanders Devil

Sancho-Olmo-James
--------Haland

Martial, Rashford, Greenwood :smirk:
This is my FM front 4 rotation with James Rodriguez signed on a free. Therefore, whilst I’d absolutely love these 5, it really is too good to be true unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.