Dani Olmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This is my FM front 4 rotation with James Rodriguez signed on a free. Therefore, whilst I’d absolutely love these 5, it really is too good to be true unfortunately
Haven't seen Olmo.

Haaland I'm leaning towards yes, same with Sancho, but James R. is a definitive no and thankfully won't happen.
For me, Rashford has to play.

Bondi77

Olmo's agent name-dropped us and said that we don't have a player like Olmo. You'd think he would certainly consider joining us if we were to make a move. However, Atletico are reportedly at the front of the queue for his signature and it'd be tough for Olmo to reject them for us currently.
Would he start in their side?
I thought that Felix was their big hope to be in the #10 role.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Dani Olmo in number 10 for us means Pogba plays as CDM unless we change formation totally.

Play Pogba there and buy a world class CDM.

croadyman

This seems like a no brainer signing for me if it is for around the reported £20m, would give us some depth and could help him develop further.

AneRu

Dani Olmo in number 10 for us means Pogba plays as CDM unless we change formation totally.

Play Pogba there and buy a world class CDM.
And that midfield combo will be adequate against the bottom 15 teams in the PL save for when we play against the top 4 sides where we might need to change things around and play a 433. I'd say sign him and a solid CDM which allows Pogba to roam and create from deep.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This seems like a no brainer signing for me if it is for around the reported £20m, would give us some depth and could help him develop further.
I think that's the issue, they're asking for something like £45m. If it was 20, he'd have left by now. Have to bear in mind they sold Modric for 16.5m in 2008

United Pro

Would he start in their side?
I thought that Felix was their big hope to be in the #10 role.
Potentially. Atletico regularly play with a 442 formation with midfielders out wide, so I can see him getting game time on the left. Lemar has also been poor since his move there and might be moved on.

croadyman

I wonder if there hasn't be many links with us to this guy because Ole and the recruitment team are not supposed to have very much knowledge of the European market, however nothing would give me more pleasure than being proved wrong on that and we bring in a couple of non british based players over the next couple of windows.

Zoo

Barca makes a formal offer to Dinamo Zagreb for Dani Olmo

Davie Moyes

Him going back to Barca was oh so obvious. Barca tend to re-sign players they lose from their academy if they are doing well. For Olmo leaving to get playing time and experience has been good for his development.

croadyman

Real shame we aren't in for him but not surprised in the slightest

prateik

Did Barca have a buy back clause? Because Barca and Madrid have a history of buying back players even if they dont need them for the first team and selling them on for a profit.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Did Barca have a buy back clause? Because Barca and Madrid have a history of buying back players even if they dont need them for the first team and selling them on for a profit.
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say no — Barcelona do not have the ability to sign him by triggering a buy-back provision/clause. Olmo had only progressed to Cadete A level and hadn't signed a professional deal with Barcelona before joining Dinamo Zagreb on a free transfer (in contrast with the likes of Cucurella, Suárez, Deulofeu, Halilović who were contractually obligated before joining Eibar, Villarreal, Milan, Hamburg and so forth). Barcelona probably weren't even involved in formal transfer arbitration with Dinamo and Mamić — the primary negotiators were his father Miquel Olmo, and agent Andy Bara (who came up with the idea of taking Olmo to Croatia).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Linked to AC Milan and apparently confirmed by his agent.

30mil.

My second favourite club so I hope its true.

Wont be a bad move for him and Milan if they start getting a few players like him again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wouldn't mind us moving for him. We need to move Lingard on and add another attacking dimension to our squad. Bruno will be great but he's not enough. I like watching this lad the other summer for Spain's under 21's. He looked very classy.

theklr

Wouldn't mind us moving for him. We need to move Lingard on and add another attacking dimension to our squad. Bruno will be great but he's not enough. I like watching this lad the other summer for Spain's under 21's. He looked very classy.
Agree. But as we've already targeted Maddison or Graelish, I highly doubt it unfortunately.

beingshe7don

Close control is just impeccable... reminds me of Iniesta in a way. Would be foolish to have him go to Milan for 30 odd million. He can play as a CAM as well as RW/ RM. Yes, we are getting Bruno but we need quality depth as well. We can't hold our breath on getting Sancho which may not happen. Would be wise to get this guy right now.

NoPace

Close control is just impeccable... reminds me of Iniesta in a way. Would be foolish to have him go to Milan for 30 odd million. He can play as a CAM as well as RW/ RM. Yes, we are getting Bruno but we need quality depth as well. We can't hold our breath on getting Sancho which may not happen. Would be wise to get this guy right now.
Eh, if he went to Croatia to get playing time at a quality club, going to Milan in their current state at 20 for an intermediate move before going to a massive club at 22-24 would make sense as a progression. Like how Modric signed for Spurs. Though Milan are also a mess like us, so he should go to a club like Roma who could play a midfield 3 of Diawara holding, Pellegrini as an 8 and Olmo as a 10 with Zaniolo on the right and LW is the easiest position to find since everyone is right footed and cuts in these days.

Arsenal should be in for him too, he'd presumably walk into the team there as the Ozil/Ramsey replacement.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

One step away from Dani Olmo's farewell to Dinamo Zagreb, the Spanish talent seems to be heading towards AC Milan, thanks to Boban's great work and excellent relations with the Croatian club. An offer of 30 million is ready to bring the boy to Milanello and to make the rumours stronger, Zagreb head coach Nenad Bjelica said: "Olmo will not play tomorrow. We know that we are talking about his transfer, even if we do not know where and when he will leave. He's in a good mood, he trains really well, but at this stage we don't want to take the risk of taking him on the pitch. "

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sigh we should have been all over this

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His style seems a fit. If he is good then 30m would be a nice gamble. We could sell Lingard for 15m to anyone right now and have a decent upgrade immediately, possibly a huge one for 15m net. I'd be behind something like this rather than Bruno thing which seems farfetched.

Fts 74

If this guy is as good as some of you are saying, why are we not all over it for the reported 20m?

Surely we're still a bigger draw than wolves ffs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If this guy is as good as some of you are saying, why are we not all over it for the reported 20m?

Why were we not all over Silva Aguero Fabinho Salah etc etc

King Andow

Because the board miss out on players that we need all the time.

Lee565

Because our scouting system is a shambles, we have to wait for a player like olmo to have a great tournament or game against a big club like man city, liverpool, Madrid etc.. as our club can only seem to go after hyped up players that come with big fees and drawn out transfee sagas rather than unearthing gems for a reasonable price.

theklr

I'm pretty sure we would have at least inquired about him if the price for him is close to the truth.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Surely if he's playing in the Spain NT, he's too good for Milan?

Baneofthegame

Because our scouting system is a shambles, we have to wait for a player like olmo to have a great tournament or game against a big club like man city, liverpool, Madrid etc.. as our club can only seem to go after hyped up players that come with big fees and drawn out transfee sagas rather than unearthing gems for a reasonable price.
Did they not see that volley he rifled in against City? That’s a big club right?

Deuterium

Why are we not looking at Olmo? Reported for 20-30m.. would it make too much sense?

LuckyScout78

Kevin De Bruyne type of player all written over him. If i am coaching and managing this boy. Never never as winger. As for De Bruyne. Only as a offensive and creative RCM or LCM beside the deep laying balance DCM.

Against ch.ship and league one or two. I might use De Bruyne and this as DCM, Striker or left winger. But with and against the best. Never as wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.