Daniel Bachmann

goalscholes

I have watched a lot of Watford games.

Foster and Bachmann were both nowhere near good enough this year. Even as a third choice, this makes little sense. Paying any sort of transfer fee, even less so.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The young keepers need to be playing games, either in our youth teams or out on loan. They certainly shouldn't be spending the season sitting on the bench as our 2nd choice, or (more likely) being our #3 and travelling with the team ready to be put on the bench if the #1 or #2 get injured/ill in the warm-up.
I’m thinking that Liverpool’s young Irish keeper hasn’t done badly out of the odd game here and there. In United’s case I think the keeper position is there to be claimed. I don’t think that ETH will keep DeGea just because of what he’s done before or his high salary. If he can’t sweep he’s done for

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I’m thinking that Liverpool’s young Irish keeper hasn’t done badly out of the odd game here and there. In United’s case I think the keeper position is there to be claimed. I don’t think that ETH will keep DeGea just because of what he’s done before or his high salary. If he can’t sweep he’s done for
Then why has he allowed Hendo to go on loan before even assessing him in person? He must be all aboard the De Dea train at this point.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Then why has he allowed Hendo to go on loan before even assessing him in person? He must be all aboard the De Dea train at this point.
In regards to DDG I’m not saying he will dump him the minute he arrives, but certainly he will be watching and if he doesn’t fit the style then he won’t be afraid to change it up.
Regards Hendo I’m just guessing that he’s had enough of sitting around, he wants definite answers. I’d say it’s driven by him wanting more time

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Pretty risky move, it'd be or so funny that the one season DDG misses games, we have the worst backup in recent years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A healthy and well run club signs 1 goalkeeper per year. We signed Grant in 2018, Bishop in 2020 and Heaton in 2021. It's only fair to sign Bachmann in 2022 especially since we're sending Henderson on loan to Nottingham and possibly subsidize his salary as well. Yet another feather in Murtough's cap.

hobbers

The definition of a pointless signing. He's utter rubbish.

Heaton or Johnstone I understand, with their United links and being free. Fair enough.

Why spend money bringing in someone much worse than either? Just give that one league cup appearance and Europa League benchtime to a youngster. Why does it have to be to some established shithouse?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I can see how this type of signing convince FDJ that he's joining a Club on the rise.

Varun1

Bishop will be no. 2 and this guy will be no. 3.

mu4c_20le

He's a Rangnick signing apparently. Now people can stop moaning about not listening to him

OleGunnar20

If this is true, we're such a weird club. Wonder what Sergio Romero is up to at the minute?

Caesar2290

Interesting, hadn’t heard that one. I guess guaranteed minutes is too good for a lad his age to turn down. Shame, seems like a good pro.
I know zero about this Watford keeper. Why can’t we promote one of our reserve keepers? We have a couple with high potential
Agreed. If ETH survives the first 2 seasons I think Vitek will be our No. 1. He has all the attributes that Ten Hag values in a GK.

Still I'd rather our young keepers be sent out on loan and gain some much needed experience and confidence, that rot on the bench.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I miss Romero, what a pro he was.

Only GK who is worse than GK at coming out for crosses, not sure what's the point.

Anyways it's just a back up or third choice, hopefully we are getting him for free or negligible fee.

ThanksBoss26

Someone on twitter yesterday linked to an article from Summer 2021 (admittedly it was from The Sun) linking Bachmann with Arsenal and Ajax, managed by Ten Hag at the time of course. The fee mentioned in that article was also £15m which probably tells you all you need to know about its credibility but nonetheless found the link to Ten Hag interesting.

wolvored

Loan to Middlesborough apparently. So loan out Heaton and spend more money on another keeper? With Grant, Hendo and Heaton gone, we’ll need two more keepers. This club’s transfer strategy makes no damn sense.
Were loaning out Henderson as well but expected to buy Ben Fosters backup? Only at Utd. :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's a Rangnick signing apparently. Now people can stop moaning about not listening to him
Can anyone list Murtough's signings considering that Batman is a Rangnick signing while De Jong, Antony and co are ETH's targets?

mu4c_20le

Source?

Why should we listen to a guy that we mutually terminated a contract with?
Briefly mentioned in an Athletic article

It’s likely that Bachmann, who has a contract until 2024, would cost in the region of £2 million to £4 million. Despite the link with Manchester United first surfacing while Ralf Rangnick was still in charge, the interim manager’s departure from all involvement at Old Trafford hasn’t removed Bachmann’s name from being in the mix. Rangnick, now Austria manager, will still be taking a keen interest in the goalkeeper.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Apparently we're also interested in signing Frontmann as our backup striker and Wingmann to play out wide.

48 hours

considering how many youth keepers we tend to get, we never seem to want to risk having them as third choice

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is he even good with his feet? I'm finding this an odd choice for us if true.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
De Gea's form noticeably dipped when he had no competition. I know nothing about this goalkeeper but he can't be that good if he wasn't a regular for a relegated team. I guess the club did not identify a player and was offered this guy.

Santos J

Is he even good with his feet? I'm finding this an odd choice for us if true.
No not even. It is strange even if the fee is feck all, funny too when he was the only keeper in the league worseat coming for crosses than de Gea :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What's Van Der Gouw up to these days?

Seij

Ah, the annual backup keeper signing. I guess at least we're not giving our 38 yo 4th keeper a renewal to work on his coaching badge this time?