Daniel Farke

Acole9

Outstanding
Farking hell this is wonderful. It should be law that every man has their barnet like his.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
To be honest we were coached like this under LVG. Problem is when you are manchester United you play against deep defences all the time and this playing out from back means nothing if we can't unlock the defences. We looked so brilliant against teams who attacked us under LVG.

Final third is what matters and I dont know how Farke is in that aspect.

AneRu

To be honest we were coached like this under LVG. Problem is when you are manchester United you play against deep defences all the time and this playing out from back means nothing if we can't unlock the defences. We looked so brilliant against teams who attacked us under LVG.

Final third is what matters and I dont know how Farke is in that aspect.
That's where we then make our money do the talking, under LVG we generally had control of matches but our attackers were in decline whilst the ones that we signed flopped heavily. If you have a coach that can instill an exciting style and have the players than can score and create goals then success will follow.

Guys like him and a few young hot shots are the type of managers we should be looking to bring in. Though the ship has sailed, imagine what we would have achieved if we had someone like Klopp and handed him the budget that Jose had here! I hope Ole succeeds but if he doesn't I hope when we make the next appointment we look at the philosophy of the manager and how he is able to translate it on the pitch. If you play the right football and bring in the players success will naturally follow.

redIndianDevil

This is brilliant.

Excellent video, should be shown to all Mourinho fanboys and to all the idiots who think we need a world class squad just to pass coherently. It's amazing how this manager has achieved this with mostly average players. This is what actual coaching looks like and we haven't had a coach like that since SAF.

aditya826

Tuchel is a tactical genius, but is so worse in communicating with players and motivation.
Tuchel can't be a tactical genius if he fails to communicate and motivate his players. How do you know he is a tactical genius? How did you decipher that? This is such a bull statement.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Farke was a good coach at our youth acadamy. Hope he got some sucess at Norwich.

Maybe, if Farke does good work at Norwich, but i think he will still be one level to low for our ambitions.
Nagelsmann is the real deal, i think he will be the best german coach in some years.
He outcoached Kovac last night, which is not difficult, but he shows tactical understanding since years and keeps improving. He got the most important two things which you need: tactical skills and the ability to motivate and control the mood in the lockerroom, communicating with different types of players.

I think Kloppp is the best in motivating, but got some lack of tactical variations at some point.
Favre might be a good tactitcian, but he is only mediocre at best when it comes to motivation, painfully shown last season for example.
Tuchel is a tactical genius, but is so worse in communicating with players and motivation.

Nagelsmann got it all.

United would have a bright future if you imagine these 3 points:
Woodward steps back, handling only financial and sponsor and mercandise things.
A decent DoF is installed, and that means: a whole new section, or office, dont know in english. Handling planing and creating the squad short mid and longterm, with a clear philosophy from top to bottom including the youth acadamy and scouting network (all this seems to not excist at United looking back all the years post SAF).
Hiring Nagelsmann and let him do his work.
Tuchel's achievements Vs his supposed genius is so disproportionate. The fellow has done nowhere near enough in the game to warrant the hype he does.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Tuchel's achievements Vs his supposed genius is so disproportionate. The fellow has done nowhere near enough in the game to warrant the hype he does.
If you guys ask me about his achievments or why he is a tactical genius i think you missed his 5 years at Mainz, one of the clubs with the lowest budget, where he did miracles and was often the most difficult opponent for all the top clubs in the league especially Bayern. And you propably missed his years at Dortmund, where he always was coaching great, steadily adjusting his tactics and the team, achieved the most points ever in the league (this would have normally been the title), winning the cup against Bayern. This with the most imaginable distraction the most people here forget about: the attempted attack/assassination with a bomb against the whole team, which affected all the players and the staff heavily. Which also was the reason that the difficult relationship with the club were finaly broken. Watzke still says about him, sometimes the personal relationship doesn't want to work, thats ok, but he is (still) a worldclass coach in his eyes.
If Tuchel is your coach, instantly you see his impact on the pitch. And the opponent never know how he will play and what plans hes got in his mind for the game. Guardiola was impresed every time. And thats for a reason.
This is one side of the medal. The other side is that Tuchel seem to have, at least after some time, problems with the club and/or the players, lacking some empathy or cleverness in handling the communication, for example why a player wont play. That got nothing to do with implementing different tactics on his team. In teaching stuff and training skills he is one of the best coaches in the world. He got some tricks there, working with modern things and keeps improving on that. And you can see the results on the pitch.

All the things i got in mind about him, leads me to the thesis, that a team he is coaching might be better without distractions like a Neymar. Tuchels teams would be the best in the world for years, if he got players who are technicaly one of the best, but hiding their ego and are intelligent by learning every instruction he gives. And then you need some leaders in the team who compensate his weak motivation and are able to kick the whole team in the ass and keeping the tension high, especially in the big games.

Reactions: Invictus

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Farke was a good coach at our youth acadamy. Hope he got some sucess at Norwich.

Maybe, if Farke does good work at Norwich, but i think he will still be one level to low for our ambitions.
Nagelsmann is the real deal, i think he will be the best german coach in some years.
He outcoached Kovac last night, which is not difficult, but he shows tactical understanding since years and keeps improving. He got the most important two things which you need: tactical skills and the ability to motivate and control the mood in the lockerroom, communicating with different types of players.

I think Kloppp is the best in motivating, but got some lack of tactical variations at some point.
Favre might be a good tactitcian, but he is only mediocre at best when it comes to motivation, painfully shown last season for example.

Nagelsmann got it all.

United would have a bright future if you imagine these 3 points:
Woodward steps back, handling only financial and sponsor and mercandise things.
A decent DoF is installed, and that means: a whole new section, or office, dont know in english. Handling planing and creating the squad short mid and longterm, with a clear philosophy from top to bottom including the youth acadamy and scouting network (all this seems to not excist at United looking back all the years post SAF).
Hiring Nagelsmann and let him do his work.

Surprising that a Dortmund fan doesn't get how good Klopp is tactically. It's such a lazy argument that he's a motivator more than anything. In fact, it's bizarre. You just have to look at how his teams have developed over the years. You don't get as good as he is, and get the success he has, without being fantastically strong in all areas. It's that simple. People look at the personality first and then stop, and it's just ignorance to carry on that theory 17 plus years into his coaching career.

Nagelsmann is fantastic for sure. He wouldn't go to United at this point though, if he manages to take Leipzig to a league title in the next couple years, he'll have his pick of any team. (And yeah it will be München).

Favre I can't figure out half the time, there is something just off with him at Dortmund, he doesnt suit the club at all, and I'm not impressed with him really considering the squad he has at his disposal. And Klopp is miles ahead of him in every aspect. Obviously.

I dont think Tuchel is tactical genius - maybe one day he'll become one? The hype is genius though, I'll give him that! But he has a lot to prove to be worthy of the hype.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't see them staying up.

They'll get the odd good win but they are way too open at this level especially on counter attacks. Look at how many goals they've shipped. We've kept Pukki pretty quiet today.

CallyRed

Can’t wait to play them
They will be so open we might score more than one goal and get a 2 2 draw

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A team who were always going to be relegation battlers struggling at a time when they have nine of their first team squad out injured isn't grounds for adjusting any assessment you've already made of the manager.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
A lot of first teamers are injured, no?
Actually they had most of their key players playing today. Max Aarons and Lewis their first choice FBs were both playing (although of course they might not have been 100%), Godfrey regular CB was out there and infront they had Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki all out there.

Probably a stronger 11 than they had out v Man. City.

Not saying Farke is bad btw as he did great to get them promoted. They remind me lots of Wigan under Martinez in how they play.

TheReligion

Abusive

RooneyLegend

He needs to adjust the teams shape or they'll be back in the championship in no time. Playing a 2 man midfield thats immobile is crazy in this division. Also needs to get a couple of defenders in Jan. That defence wont stop anything.

Schneiderman

The shape isn't the problem, it's the players available. The only fit defensive mid is Amadou who's been forced to play CB (where he's having a torrid time). In the City game Tettey played and made a massive difference.

The defence wouldn't be so bad if Zimmermann (the leader) or Klose were fit. Hanley was never meant to be playing in the first place before he got injured too.

They'd still concede a lot due to the system and the fullbacks, but you can't call Farke a bad manager because an injury plagued team who spent nothing in the summer are going down.

For what it's worth in the Villa game Godfrey Lewis and Cantwell were all playing with knocks.

Hanks

What happened to them?

Looks like beating City was the worst thing they could have done. They've been absolutely abysmal since.

Every match, I check their stats and they barely have any shots, let alone on target.

And to think they were such an attacking team in Championship and how many shots on goal they even got at Anfield. vs Liverpool on the first match day.

City must wonder how they've lost to Norwich and Wolves, the 2 sides that have only one 1 more game other than vs. City in the other 9 matches.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Last season they conceded nearly 60 goals despite winning the championship.

Their defensive structure is nowhere near good enough to stay up imo. They remind me a bit of Wigan under Martinez actually.

Think today was 7th or 8th time they've conceded two or more goals in a league game this season, you simply can't win many games at this level letting in that many goals.