Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He was signed for the long term and will hopefully become much better in 2 years or so. I see potential and excitement. He could be very important in certain games and especially off the bench even this year. Let's support the kid ffs.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I can see why Ole is keen to get him in the team. If we're going to play 4231 with a number 10 and Pogba in a two we really need the wide men to put in a shift. He makes good runs and holds the width which should give the team better balance and allow our better players to flourish. Obviously still lacks in the on the ball department but he can improve.

Can see him craving out a Park type role for us, were he's very useful to the team and squad.

Stacks

I can see why Ole is keen to get him in the team. If we're going to play 4231 with a number 10 and Pogba in a two we really need the wide men to put in a shift. He makes good runs and holds the width which should give the team better balance and allow our better players to flourish. Obviously still lacks in the on the ball department but he can improve.

Can see him craving out a Park type role for us, were he's very useful to the team and squad.
Are there not pacey wide men, who put in a shift that already possess quality?

jeepers

Looking forward to a season full of sad feckers busting their hamstrings chasing this kid.

Unfortunately, it seems this pre-season that his main qualities are his pace, mentality, determination.. that’s about it? Could be nerves. Would love to see what he’s capable of when he’s more settled in.

Shinjch

I am hoping the kid has been nervous so far, because his performances don't inspire much confidence in his ability to make a difference.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Were you guys expecting Leroy Sane mk II?
Remember seeing some saying he will play ahead of Tony. He was bought from the Championship and needs time. He's obviously not the most technical and probably will never be but he will have his uses.

Shinjch

Were you guys expecting Leroy Sane mk II?
Remember seeing some saying he will play ahead of Tony. He was bought from the Championship and needs time. He's obviously not the most technical and probably will never be but he will have his uses.
I wasn't, but I was hoping for some direct running and courage in the final third. I know it is only pre-season but both have been lacking.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wasn't, but I was hoping for some direct running and courage in the final third. I know it is only pre-season but both have been lacking.
To use your pace to consistently trouble defenders, especially with the ball, you need very good technique. We haven't seen it yet but hopefully he shows it soon. He will need time to get used to this level.

Shinjch

That is what I am hoping for anyway. Hopefully after a couple of months his confidence has built to try things.

Thiagoal

Best utilised from the bench when teams are having to attack us and leaving space in behind! Against teams parking the bus there’s no point in playing him!

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Are there not pacey wide men, who put in a shift that already possess quality?
I think we're focused on Sancho for next summer so maybe wanted a squad option and smaller investment for now.

Andersons Dietician

There was one moment when he actually went at someone and tried to use his pace and he flew past the guy and I was thinking yes this is what we’ve been wanting to see. The cross following this wasn’t great but that aside he seems somewhat tentative at the moment. Like he is a little scared of what is happening.

There was a moment he probably should have taken a shot but he passed it off and times when he should go at people but he passes it off. His pressing or use of his speed to get the ball back is ridiculous swear he ran down 4 defenders yesterday at once and forced the mistake not to mention the times he would sprint to recover a loose ball.

Hope he gets his confidence up this season and comes out of the shell he seems to be playing in but it’s a big step up and I could imagine people being a bit overawed by it at first.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Love this lads sense of humour. I actually like it that he can have a laugh at himself rather than others.

Yeah he seems a great character already. The attitude is there so hopefully he can improve and have an important role this coming season. Definitely rooting for him.

criticalanalysis

It's so refreshing to have natural width and chance creation from the right hand side from James/AWB. Shame the final ball is not quite there and we don't really play in that style anymore or have the players to :lol::(

Would like to see a bit more interplay from James/AWB coming in (from wide) to lay off passes closer to goal and become more of a threat themselves.

I don't mean cut in, I mean play the space and from wider positions.

It's nice James' first instinct is to provide but I think he can be a bit more subtle as a threat himself and be able to get into better positions.

Very promising right hand side, we just need to be patient and give them more game time together. It's a very natural combination.

Litch

Think he's going to surprise a few people this season. Going to predict he's going to be our most fouled player...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This might be an unpopular opinion but I do think he should start our games if we are playing 4231. His pace & work rate are incredible and be very useful to help both our midfield & attack to create a balanced 4231.

If we have Dybala as no 10 and two of Martial or Rashford or Greenwood as striker and wide forward, we need someone like James to balance our attack & midfield.

On top of it, based on the pre season, he tends to draws a foul from opposition & win a lot of free kick for us. Another good asset to have since we have Maguire & also likely Dybala. Both are good combo for set pieces.

AshRK

I have not seen anyone bringnany negative about this boy. He may not be a finished article yet but I feel his attitude will make him a much better player. Looking forward to see him in action.

Man Utd 4:0 Chelsea

Tiber

Your dad would be proud Dan. A wonderful debut from someone I think will play for us for a very long time

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Championship runner :lol:

He will win way too many free kicks this season.

Also congrats on his first goal, the celebration was just amazing. Hopefully this is just first of many more.

El Zoido

Loved his goal, can’t remember seeing anyone so happy to score. Brilliant moment.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s a player I genuinely want to do well, cracking start to his career and long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.