Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Made me laugh getting embraced by his team mates when they were all leaning down to congratulate him :D

Marcus

Watching from the television I was like, Pogba broke too fast. No one there to support him. Then out of the blue comes the Flash. Love the attacking threat DJ poses.

thomas porter

Its hard not to like this kid. Works hard, loads of pace, and seems to be genuinely ecstatic to be at the club.

Absolutely loved his celebration the genuine delight on his face was lovely to see

My only slight worry for him is his pace is potentially going to lead to late challenges on him causing him to get injured, we saw a couple of mis timed challenges on him today
I've thought this too, I don't think I've ever seen a player at this club with acceleration like that. Opponents will hack him down either intentionally or by accident.

Red Devil's Advocate

He needs to bulk up a bit and put extra hours at the training ground to hone finishing and crossing. Just be Cristianoesque with work ethic and he will have a fantastic career.

United Hobbit

I've thought this too, I don't think I've ever seen a player at this club with acceleration like that. Opponents will hack him down either intentionally or by accident.
Yeah I really hope it doesn't happen to him but I do worry it will

Didn't Rashy say when Ole first came in he had been working on his finishing with him?

Hopefully he can do the same with Dan, I'm not criticising him as the hesitation was probably nerves and being slightly overwhelmed at such a golden opportunity in front of the Stretford end but he did nearly lose out on his goal and better defenders may have got the ball off him- it was almost like he was understandably overthinking it a little hopefully it will give him confidence and if someone like Ole can work with him on his finishing even better

I agree with people saying keep him as a sub for the time being, I feel he could be incredibly useful in that role especially at the moment where teams arent fully up to speed so will be tiring, to have him come on with all his pace is a great asset for us to have- maybe give him some starts in the Europa

His celebration is still making me smile and seeing all the other players celebrating and looking so happy for him is lovely also.

Just been looking through this thread and I dont do Twitter so hadn't seen it but that photo he put up saying about being the Mascot made me laugh out loud he looks tiny in the photo that think it may have been the club's Facebook uploaded of them all walking away together after celebrating his goal. Comes across as very likeable

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His attitude reminds me of Chicharito, how it seems the world to him to just be at the club. Heartwarming to see. That and the dodgy goal as well.

RedDevilRoshi

Its hard not to like this kid. Works hard, loads of pace, and seems to be genuinely ecstatic to be at the club.
This.

When he scored, I had a lump in my throat as you can tell what that goal meant to him and especially who he dedicated it too - his late father. Was absolutely delighted for him! L

This young lad is going to be a fans favourite!

George The Best

Already happened. Spurs tried to cut him in two in the pre-season ‘friendly’. The one that Poch apologised about.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
His attitude reminds me of Chicharito, how it seems the world to him to just be at the club. Heartwarming to see. That and the dodgy goal as well.
Great comparison. So refreshing to have players like that at the club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Already happened. Spurs tried to cut him in two in the pre-season ‘friendly’. The one that Poch apologised about.
And he skinned Kante only to get cut down on Sunday - was very good skill and awareness.

Ace of Spades

There is talent there, and finishing can be improved. If we can have players behind him who can play those through balls for him, then he will be deadly.

Nick7

The release of emotion in his celebration was fantastic. You could tell what it meant to him just to be able to run out onto the pitch and then when the ball hit the net it just all came to the fore. I’m delighted for him and hope he’s a massive success here.

One thing I’ve noticed, even if we had a “bad” summer. All of our signings could easily become fan favourites.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good shout that. I think he's taken on the fans favourite role in that sense too.

Our 3 new lads have all been a real lift. Every time AWB made a tackle they cheered, every Maguire clearance the same. Brilliant stuff.

As you say give me people like James who clearly love being here, than more "talented" but half assed players like Di Maria any day.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
That's a decent shout. Been a while since we've seen a signing celebrate their first goal for us like that - really hope he does well, such a likeable player and had such a tumultuous summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What a kid. I can't remember being so happy for someone to get a debut goal like that. He'll be managed well by Ole and no doubt he'll have his up and down games, but he's going to have a great impact on our season, I feel.

Jules_T

The way he shook his body at the crowd behind the corner flag in a pure expression of unbridled joy. Emotion fuelling his movements; letting out pure relief, happiness and grief.

An understatement to say he is one to watch. Could quickly become a major fan favourite.

He'll gain another 5km/hr with Old Trafford cheering him on!

Reactions: Sultan

Omahahaha

He needs to bulk up a bit and put extra hours at the training ground to hone finishing and crossing. Just be Cristianoesque with work ethic and he will have a fantastic career.
Please, no. We don't want him to do a Memphis/Lukaku and lose his agility.
Would however be nice if he continued to work hard on the technical side of his game.
Very promising debut, a very dangerous option to have in the second half against tired legs.

He also seems to have a great attitude, so I'm sure he will only get better!

Litch

Lots to work on like everyone one else in the club but for me he's got something that it's hard to fake and it's like-ability and the X factor. He comes on and immediately, you expect something to happen. Not saying he's the answer on the right but given time, might save us 80m. Frustrating not signing star names but I'd sooner want a lad that sees his future here than someone who's using it as a shop window or a passport to Spain.

Mike Smalling

What a guy! Some humility, passion and a genuine excitement to be at this club really goes a long way towards becoming a fan favourite. Obviously he needs to continue to deliver, but what a start.

Hope he gets a really good chant sometime soon!

Devilsrock7

Great to see all the positive comments for the young man , so happy for him and delighted his teammates seem protective over him , like a young brother as one poster pointed out. He has a fantastic future here .

I know Ole will use him wisely probably as a impact sub for the moment to utalize his pace . After his father passed it's a dream for him to be here and we are so happy to have him also #respect

Stevondo8

There's just something in my eye
I’m not crying...you’re crying!

It’s not just his own emotional celebration that does it, it’s everyone piling in to celebrate with him too. Fan favourite already.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I've never seen a technique like that, the way He faked his shot was so fake that I thought He was gonna dribble to the other side.

Inter Yer Nan

The release of emotion in his celebration was fantastic. You could tell what it meant to him just to be able to run out onto the pitch and then when the ball hit the net it just all came to the fore. I’m delighted for him and hope he’s a massive success here.

One thing I’ve noticed, even if we had a “bad” summer. All of our signings could easily become fan favourites.
I think we've signed three very level headed, likable lads who view United as the pinnacle and not a vehicle. Hopefully our next three signings are of that vein and a proper club culture is brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.