Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah bench option. The main reason to play him is he *actually plays on the wing* when told to. But surely, surely, we can find someone else who could do this?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looking forward to seeing more of him. Hopefully comes on leaps and bounds. Seems like he might have the right attitude to do so.

romufc

Yeah bench option. The main reason to play him is he *actually plays on the wing* when told to. But surely, surely, we can find someone else who could do this?
I think with the options we got, he is probably the best option

Other options:

Greenwood: ST really - having to play RW to learn his trade but is similar to Rashy on the other wing where they like to cut in and get involved rather than "wing play"

Lingard: Tried last year and was a struggle in the RW.. No pace or skill

Perreira: Can do a job but again wants to be involved with the build up and has no real pace

Mata: Again, wants to be involved with the build up, not strong enough to go down the wing.

izzydiggler

Seems to have a good attitude and a genuine excitement in being at the club, which is nice to see. Wasn’t great on Monday but I think a lot can be out down to extreme adrenaline and eagerness to try hard - I’d bet the experience was a blur and rollercoaster of emotion.

There’ll be a question mark over him for a while and there’s no guarantees but we have to be patient with him and really, it’ll be a few months before we have any idea. Ideally he’d be mostly sub appearances against tiring defences but looks like it’s going to be a a steep learning curve for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bring him on against a tired Joel Ward on Saturday, he will cause chaos.

Grib

There’ll be a question mark over him for a while and there’s no guarantees but we have to be patient with him and really, it’ll be a few months before we have any idea. Ideally he’d be mostly sub appearances against tiring defences but looks like it’s going to be a a steep learning curve for him.
The following is only based off the game vs wolves but I don't think he should be starting against teams who are going to defend with 10-11 behind the ball. His play in tight spaces, in the triangles on the right and when receiving the ball with his back to goal isn't good enough (yet)

Yes he is an asset in recover on defense but this isn't work to the strength of his attacking game and if we continue to start him against such teams it's going to start to heap pressure on him (a bit unnecessarily)

It reminds me of fellaini, the games we chose to start him in on his arrival we're strange, high pressing teams that wouldn't give him anytime on the ball

Give these guys a chance and slot them in against teams who's style isn't so detrimental to the players abilities

As you say sub appearances against the tiring defences or starts against more open teams would let him gain confidence and settle much better on my opnion

el3mel

Our best player today by a long long margin. Great game. Amazing goal. Yeah he has his limits considering his young age but I can't fault him. Love him already as a character.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Delighted he scored because his game was as expected today against a packed defence. Still thought despite being frustrating he was one of our better players today. Brilliant finish

Tarrou

looks much better on the left, and I guess he'll get a chance on the left now that Martial's injured

cracking finish

Jonno

He got crucified by some on here after the Wolves game, ridiculous, he’s a young talented lad who’s started well at United.

Smores

looks much better on the left, and I guess he'll get a chance on the left now that Martial's injured

cracking finish
Looked a lot better on the left, typical of us to sign another left winger really.

Still too inconsistent to be relied upon and it'll cost us.

Sylar

He looked more dangerous on the left.

Cant believe he got booked for getting kicked. Similar to Bale in that.

Alabaster Codify7

I like him, good squad option. Not a good starting option. But he'll grow into that role I think.

2 goals in 3 games, is a great start and return. 2/2 bookings for diving is not. Defenders will soon have him bent over a barrel - they can rough him up at will and just gesture at the referee like the proven diver is making a meal of it. Hopefully he's got a thick skin - he seems to, in fairness.

Nep77

I would rather play him on left with Rashford and Martial upfront if its unchangeable decision to play Pogba in the holding role.

Stevondo8

Did ok generally, took the goal well. Main thing that irked me was celebrating the goal, with time running out it’s get the ball back, kick off, and go in search of the winner.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
James needs to show more bravery. The most frustrating thing about a player is when you know they've got ability but they're too scared to show it. For a player of his talent his first half was a complete embarrassment. The amount of times he just stuck to the touchline and made himself a wall for a 1-2 was shocking.

I recognise its a big step up for him, he's probably petrified of making mistakes, but if you don't have the courage to take risks you won't make it a United. When you see that goal he scored in the second half you think, how is it you're not constantly running in behind and stretching play? How is it you're playing in a way that takes your best asset, your speed, totally out of the game by coming towards the ball instead of giving players an option over the top? That's not good enough for Man Utd.

You can't come to Man Utd and hide.

I genuinely love the kid and want him to do well. However, someone has got to get in his ear and let him know: Playing like a crab until our backs are against the wall is not enough.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Young lad played well.

Kurton

Its a shame that his celebration is being criticized. He should not be in this position where he scores a goal but can't celebrate because we are drawing the game against a bottom team.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's probably only ever gonna be a squad player unless he learns a few tricks to vary up his game but he's a threat when he runs at you and with his pace he's gonna get hacked down so many times.

Glad he scored and it was a great finish too. The lad done good.

predator

Youth NITK
Very nimble but also feeble. I'm impressed with him though. Great attitude and the way he finished his goal today tells me alot about him. Not many player look up and just pass it into the corner of the net under such pressure. It was the best thing I saw today for us.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He thought he was still playing for Swansea with that celebration
Yeah. He should be on the bench next week, if only because of that. Positive start in terms of goals, but he’d do well to be reminded of what it takes to be a top player at a successful club.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Did ok generally, took the goal well. Main thing that irked me was celebrating the goal, with time running out it’s get the ball back, kick off, and go in search of the winner.
I thought that too. Reminded me of when Giroud went mental over an equaliser instead of getting on with it.

It was a bit of a 'look at me' celebration too. Bit cringey. Don't wanna be harsh on the lad, as he was the only player who actually put the ball in the net today (and with some finesse!) but just throw some fists at the crowd and crack on.

Hamstring Hero

Supports
Örgryte IS
Yeah. He should be on the bench next week, if only because of that. Positive start in terms of goals, but he’d do well to be reminded of what it takes to be a top player at a successful club.
"Successful".

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can't get over that yellow card. Just can't. There's no excuse. Absolutely none.

Criticizing the celebration. Get a life. There's many other things that matter more than that.

dev1l

New rule for United players:
"Thou shalt not celebrate when you score"

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
"Successful".
Exactly. Running down the clock celebrating equalisers in games you should win is going to cost you points and stop you being successful. As a team, you aren’t out there to score nice goals and drop points, you celebrate winning.

Andersons Dietician

Bad that he’s picked up 2 yellows for simulation when it’s been clear as day that contact was made on him. Cracking finish today as well and he seemed way better on the left than on the right.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He will have to start next week if Martial is out injured.

FFS we have no squad depth. :houllier:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His celebration did not even lose us material amount of time, it was before 90:00 and the red added 5 minutes so it was probably factored in.

I like him. Lots of pace, lots of energy, decent technique. There’s tools there to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.