5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

I’m not normally one to put a dampener on things but I only thought he was average today considering the level of opposition. Movement looks good but his left foot crosses were poor and he has a lot of improving to do before he gets regular minutes in the league
It's hard to imagine him being a starter next season that quickly. He'll be a sub option for most of times I believe, and our attack won't be changed much from last season, Martial left, Lingard right and Rashford central.

If we don't sign a right winger in the remaining part of the season nothing is going to change. I have to say I was disappointed he ended up being another player who's better on the left.

mattsville

Great lad and not just about the pace, he has great control at speed and he is always looking to get in behind and do damage, what an absolute bargain.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He had 10 minutes on the right side, and it was fairly ignored.

We need to see more of him to see whether he can do it or not.

Thought it was a good first performance against a team who only wanted to defend. His pressing from the front along with Lingard was a huge reason why we kept them pinned back so much.

Coops73

Good performance, caused them untold grief on the left. Promising.

Drainy

He had 10 minutes on the right side, and it was fairly ignored.
I think this is a good point. Our right side was just being ignored by the players on the ball for most of the first half.

The only real attacks we made on the right in the first 45 were Dalot being a bit greedy.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think this is a good point. Our right side was just being ignored by the players on the ball for most of the first half.

The only real attacks we made on the right in the first 45 were Dalot being a bit greedy.
Mason took matters to his own hands, not always successful but he was running at players trying to make things happen.

Andersons Dietician

I liked that in his interview he said one of the first things he did when he got here was tell the fullbacks what He likes to do and what he feels his strengths are.

Want to see more of what he can do when he is on the ball as yesterday was all pretty much about his work rate and pace. Got in to good positions but not that there were that many options cause they were all blocked but his balls across needed improving but for a 45minute cameo he looked pretty good.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played really well.
I'd like to see him play with the attack from the second half soon, with Pogba behind him.

Marcelinho87

I liked that in his interview he said one of the first things he did when he got here was tell the fullbacks what He likes to do and what he feels his strengths are.

Want to see more of what he can do when he is on the ball as yesterday was all pretty much about his work rate and pace. Got in to good positions but not that there were that many options cause they were all blocked but his balls across needed improving but for a 45minute cameo he looked pretty good.
He played a couple of really good balls across too, I think our forwards need to be attacking the space more than they do as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

You can see that he always wants to run in behind. Think he prefers that than running with the ball. Got in behind a few times against Perth but his cross was either blocked or no one got on the end of it.

Tucked in as the half went on and started receiving the ball in pockets of space. Not sure why, though. His strength is running in behind the defence.

Think because of his willingness to get in behind, I think he could eventually make the left wing spot his own next season.

Red-17

He could be absolutely lethal on the counterattack this season in big games. Can't remember a player looking faster on the pitch than him. Love his overall drive and determination to press too.

Quinzaine

Seriously quick but his decision making and passing is a bit concerning.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Seriously quick but his decision making and passing is a bit concerning.
If his decision making and passing weren't of concern then we wouldn't have signed him for 20m but for 60m. I actually have been impressed by his decision making and passing as I thought he would look a lot more sloppy than he has for such a high speed player. If he can continue to improve he might be one hell of a player in a few years, and if not then at the least he'll be a hard working squad option. A real winger with dangerous speed on counter attacks, which is a good option to have.

Love this signing. The right profile for once, and cheap for a change. Feels good to maybe make a bargain again.

arthurka

If his decision making and passing weren't of concern then we wouldn't have signed him for 20m but for 60m. I actually have been impressed by his decision making and passing as I thought he would look a lot more sloppy than he has for such a high speed player. If he can continue to improve he might be one hell of a player in a few years, and if not then at the least he'll be a hard working squad option. A real winger with dangerous speed on counter attacks, which is a good option to have.

Love this signing. The right profile for once, and cheap for a change. Feels good to maybe make a bargain again.
Fully agree, seems to have most attributes needed to succeed.

Reasonable pre season performance. Clearly has a point to prove with his directness and energy which is very good to see.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played well again I thought.
He's at a good place to kick on and become a really good player this season.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t as good today, few weird decisions and can’t fault his effort but you got to have quality as well and today didn’t show as much as in the previous game for me and was quite lapse in his passing.

El Jefe

I think some are getting ahead of themselves. He's done ok nothing more. Obviously he's very young and coming from the Championship so will have a lot of time to get used to playing at this level.

I would like to see him run at his full back more though. He's used his pace to get in behind defences and support attacks but he needs to make make more attempts to dribble or beat his man.

Fer

Do you think he is going to play as our Right winger this season? or he would be better to stay on the LW spot?

el3mel

Do you think he is going to play as our Right winger this season? or he would be better to stay on the LW spot?
I think he'll start the season on the bench but will ultimately bench Martial on the left flank. On the right I guess Greenwood will be getting more minutes.

Eddy_JukeZ

Blistering pace. Mixed bag in this game.

I'd like to see more attempts to take on his man, but maybe it'll come.

Dante

Average bang
He plays like somebody raised through the United Academy.

Pace, strength, vision, mature decision making, a brilliant touch, great dribbling, good balance, hard working, quick passing.

If James can carry this through to the season proper, he'll be buy-of-the-season. I know I've said that before in this thread, but now I'm beginning to believe it.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
At this point he's in my starting XI first game of the season. Martial and Lingard need to do something.

3KDré

That ball that Mata played on the outside of his boot I really did not expect him to get near let alone get to it and control it. His pace is genuinely frightening. I think he should start for us- his pace and workrate is unrivalled in this squad and will really scare the opposition.

Bwuk

I like what I’ve seen so far of him but some of the comments on here are getting carried away.

Raven

He's been decent. I think he'll be a good player, but he's been pretty toothless so far, want to see him burn his man once or twice.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's super super fast so far and can beat his man easily but Aaron lennon and Walcott were fast too. We can't be hyped up by this dude yet. The season awaits, let's see what he brings to the table.

Mingus

I like how he's always on the front foot, snapping at defenders heels and giving them no rest.

He will get better too, he's certainly no Adama Traore type of speed merchant.

Status
Not open for further replies.