Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
When we can play on the counter he is incredibly effective. His range of passing, his accuracy, quick thinking, great crossing. I said it in the post match thread, but if he gets a striker who can actually head those crosses in he'd become an assist machine.

Fantastic today.

meamth

Let's talk about his stamina and muscle strength. Unbelievable how much sprints he can do in one game.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What a signing!! Pace, energy, work rate & his delivery. His involvement in our game this season has been massive, can cross, win a lot of free kick & also win the ball back for counter attack. Whenever we played poor or good, he always a threat.

SoCross

Ok, so at what point are we going to give him the credit as our best crosser of the ball since Beckham?
He's insanely talented at crossing the ball.
That award goes to Lukaku mate hehe

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Just hope that he doesn't fade off. The end product is raw but the pace, vision, crossing is brilliant. Good signing.

kundalini

James has performed much better than I expected, especially after a modest pre-season tour. In recent matches he appears to have developed a better understanding with the other forwards, though still work to be done. In his early matches, he produced quite a few crosses that would have been decent if his team-mates had anticipated what he was going to do.

Not seen much to suggest that he and Wan-Bissaka have any understanding on the pitch.

Must be frustrating playing alongside Rashford this season, given the number of chances he has wasted and times he failed to make a serious attempt to get on the end of a cross.

It will be interesting to see how he performs in the 2nd half of the season. I think Solskjaer should try to use Dan a bit more sensibly, rather than having him start twice a week. If James is starting PL games, then use other options in the Europa League and domestic Cup competitions.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Has Ole said anything in the post match interviews about the treatment he's getting? Refs should be protecting him more with teams like Brighton just resorting to kicking him

flappyjay

His ability to pick the strikers from the wing is excellent, which might not happen if he is left footed and just cutting in on every opportunity. I kind of feel its tactical as well to keep him wide so that the left back has to stick to him and it creates a gap between CB and LB.
Gives the opposition defence a different problem to what Rashford is offering in the left. Its good that he plays as pure winger in the other side.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has Ole said anything in the post match interviews about the treatment he's getting? Refs should be protecting him more with teams like Brighton just resorting to kicking him
He also needs to increase his upper body strength. It doesn't help that he loses his balance fairly easily due to his frame. He's got the right attitude and doesn't shy away from a challenge which I like but it would help him get given more fouls if he was actually harder to drop to the floor.

zenith

He also needs to increase his upper body strength. It doesn't help that he loses his balance fairly easily due to his frame. He's got the right attitude and doesn't shy away from a challenge which I like but it would help him get given more fouls if he was actually harder to drop to the floor.
That's something which may prove counter productive, if not done right. His frame is an enabling factor in his acceleration, which is basically just terrifying full backs.

Love this guy with his attitude, even at his worse he'll ensure that the opposition full back can never abandon station in favor of supporting attacks.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
You have to admire the way he goes about it. Never stops running, always looking to create.

Must be such an annoying player to come up against.

Should have had an assist or two tonight. We seem to have finally addressed the issue of our right wing.

Meep

The pace of him is unreal. Just look at this
Ohlala.. that should have been in the net only because of his run. Really love that he has that eye for a good pass after making that run. Also the coolness in waiting for the right spot.

RUCK4444

Watching that replay of the Rashford miss the pace is incredible.

Love how he drops his shoulder as he gets into the box and sits the defender on his arse before picking out Rashford perfectly.

The lad deserved that to be a goal.

Could have had a couple of assists.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The pace of him is unreal. Just look at this

That's just brilliant. Started the move in our box and then he reached the opponent's goal so quickly. His composure is very good.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I like trains. I like Daniel James. The only name allowed to be put on the back of your United jersey without increasing your full kit wanker level.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Superb yesterday. He's producing play on the right we haven't seen post-Fergie, I couldn't be happier with this signing so far.

Moiraine

What a player. Thank you Giggsy

Giggs should have been hired as manager for referring James. According to him, he also recommended Mbape before he burst out to scene in UCL for Monaco.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What a player. Thank you Giggsy

Giggs should have been hired as manager for referring James. According to him, he also recommended Mbape before he burst out to scene in UCL for Monaco.
He also recommended Fergie to sign Ronaldo and almost tempted Sancho to join Welsh NT. The new Arsene Wenger.

Between him and McT for our POTY so far. His technical development since pre season has been astronomical. Fast becoming my favourite player in the team.

He is rapid, intelligent and his cross field passes and crosses are almost always accurate now.

What a player we have here.

Hughes35

He's a bit good isn't he? Causes mayhem all game. The full back always knows they've had a game by the final whistle.

Needs to get back in amongst the goals if we're being critical but so far he's got to be the PL signing of the season, surely?

Alfie092

Brilliant player! At first I was thinking maybe in the long-term he may be a squad player at best coming off the bench because I wasn't too convinced about his decision making but wow he has surprised me massively! His decision making has improved tremendously, you can see he is a willing learn who wants to get better and is not just about pure pace.

Very good crosser of the ball and I believe once our attacking players get used to him, he will definitely get plenty of assists during a season. Right now he still doesn't seem like a regular goalscorer but with his current trajectory I'm confident he can add this to his game. If he can get at least around 15 goals per season along with what he already offers we then have a proper player on our hands :drool:

Really excited to watch his development in the coming season!

Status
Not open for further replies.