Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Other players are being judged in a positive light based on pre season so why not the opposite?
Preseason is about buiding up revs to get to maximum capacity.

It makes sense to judge somebody positively once they hit top speed, because that's going to representative of their match form.

It doesn't make sense to judge negatively to when they're still on the way, because that's only representative of being in a warmup stage.

Irrational.

He should start the season on the bench, will be great to see him come on against tired legs. Hopefully he can acclimatise to the club in his own time. We expect far too much, too soon.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Starting to see why no other PL clubs were in for him. His pace will be an asset off the bench late in games, but the technical side of his game is not good enough.

pascell

He should start the season on the bench, will be great to see him come on against tired legs. Hopefully he can acclimatise to the club in his own time. We expect far too much, too soon.
Personally, I think he should start and create havoc for defenders. Greenwood would be the best to bring on vs tired legs.

MadMike

Personally, I think he should start and create havoc for defenders. Greenwood would be the best to bring on vs tired legs.
Personally I think neither of them is good enough to be starting for a club hoping to break top 4, but Greenwood is clearly closer.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
His movement was a bit worrying in my opinion. Saw him strolling around at times. Would prefer to see more movement out of him to make things happen in the box.

Is he left footed or right footed because Wes Brown kept saying his right foot was his weaker foot?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was a poor game from him today. Will certainly take some time, which is fine.
Greenwood should be ahead of him.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Here comes the bandwagon of people criticising others for having an opinion on a Forum.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Did people honestly expect him to come in and slot right in? He needs to time to even have a chance at making here. It was always a long shot.

He knows the level he has to reach boss The marker has been laid down and it’s up to him to work his nuts off to try to reach this level.

Let’s hope so.

RD94

Only an idiot can base his opinion on preseason game.Inter didnt have any strikers and played kids,it was much easier to defend against Inter than to attack Inter.

Not a good game from our attacking quartet in the first 11 not only James.
Give him time.

Godfather

Only an idiot can base his opinion on preseason game.Inter didnt have any strikers and played kids,it was much easier to defend against Inter than to attack Inter.

Not a good game from our attacking quartet in the first 11 not only James.
Give him time.
This doesn't make any sense. We played kids as well. Not only James and everyone is full of praise for them after this game. And rightfully so. So why can those who played well be judged on this game but not those who were not so good? No one is writing the kid off. He just seems to be very very raw.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Poor game. He is clearly behind Greenwood, but he is still young and can still improve.

Gandalf

Not a lot went right for him today but still nearly scored a goal and also some nice link up play with AWB which is encouraging as they develop together. Inter came to defend and sit deep and as expected that presented a challenge for Dan as his pace was really not a factor against a team parking the bus. I did not expect him to be a superstar this season and so I am not too concerned with today, right now he is a role player with potential, against teams that play a high line his pace will be deadly and his versatility makes him an ideal bench player for this season. The ceiling is pretty high in terms of what he could become in 2 or 3 years here but even if he never gets there he adds something different to the squad and I would still sooner see him played on the right wing than Mata.

Bobski

Last 30 mins impact sub against tiring defenders who will allow us to keep pressing high late in the game. Technically has much work to do.

settembrini

He really struggled today. Looked far more comfortable playing on the left in earlier friendlies.

Icemav

A bit crowded out today and looked the rookie that he is. This season will be about adaptation and development for him. Hope he can impact some games.

Crashoutcassius

This is what it will be like in games versus teams that park the bus. If you want a player like this to be effective you either need to use a tactic to draw the opposition out or play him later in a game that we are a goal up in, basically whenever a team let's us counter attack.

RD94

This doesn't make any sense. We played kids as well. Not only James and everyone is full of praise for them after this game. And rightfully so. So why can those who played well be judged on this game but not those who were not so good? No one is writing the kid off. He just seems to be very very raw.
They played kids in the attack in their first 11 and it made our defence job easier and they have performed better because of that but our attacking players did not made a good impression because of Inter defence which consisted of first team players not kids.Our kids,our 11 substitutes came on fresh and full of energy and their defence was already tired...and for feck sake preseason is all about fitness and making it work and play as a team,every other game some player will be better and some will have a bad game,simple as that.He had a bad game and thats it,judge him at the end of season.

Apokalips

Can we be realistic please? I don't take much stock in pre-season, but this is a lad who didn't even light up the Championship yet some expect him to come in and be a starter at MANCHESTER UNITED?

Remember we signed Zaha who actually did tear that league up and he didn't cut it here at the start. If Ole makes this kid a sure fire starter then I'd have to question Ole's judgement massively.

Godfather

They played kids in the attack in their first 11 and it made our defence job easier and they have performed better because of that but our attacking players did not made a good impression because of Inter defence which consisted of first team players not kids.Our kids,our 11 substitutes came on fresh and full of energy and their defence was already tired...and for feck sake preseason is all about fitness and making it work and play as a team,every other game some player will be better and some will have a bad game,simple as that.He had a bad game and thats it,judge him at the end of season.
Which is what pretty much everyone is saying. But he seem to lack some basic things as of yet. His first touch seems lacking at times and his passing is very inconsistent. Nothing that can't be improved though.

Camilo

Not sure I see much in him.. Fast, but little composure, poor final ball and poor finishing. I worry that between him and the other youngsters we're going to have another season of fruitless right sided attacking. We don't really know what any of them can do over a season...

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Lot's to learn technically. However, he has time. Going by a small sample of 2 pre-season games Greenwood and Chong are way ahead and showed what technical standards are for young players.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Didn’t see the game but a mate texted and said he was diabolical.
That is harsh. Was not absolutely terrible. Made a few poor passes. His movement in the box i would worry about. i saw him strolling around when he should be always moving. Hopefully Ole has a word.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Not a right winger, plus transitioning from Swansea to United will take sometime for him develop. I don’t believe he will displace Martial, but he could be our new super sub like Chicharito or Fellaini that offers something different.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Good to see Cafe has already given up on him.
I knew before I even clicked the thread that you would have people writing him off already. Didn't have the best of games today and didn't seem as confident playing on the right wing but he wasn't completely useless. He made some great runs, opened up a lot of space for AWB to run into and his work rate off the ball was fantastic as always. Shame that he scuffed the chance he had. We just need to be patient and give James the time to improve.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I saw Walcott today. A little bit of Lennon too. Hopefully the only time I have to say that...

Robbie Boy

That is harsh. Was not absolutely terrible. Made a few poor passes. His movement in the box i would worry about. i saw him strolling around when he should be always moving. Hopefully Ole has a word.
Aye I didn’t see the game. He’s usually more bias towards our players tbh so he must have thought he played utterly terrible to write that.

Suv666

We all knew he isnt good enough right now to start. Hope Ole and Co thinks the same. Not going for a RW might suggest we might start him which is a bit worrying. He needs time.

Suv666

Think he is another player more suited to the left, which is a bit annoying because that's also the case with Martial, Chong & Rashford.
We dont have a single natural RW but we keep buying LW's. Very frustating.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
As shitty as Inter were, we should remember that they're still Inter. Those players aren't shite. This was a big step up from Perth Glory and Leeds.

Andersons Dietician

Lot's to learn technically. However, he has time. Going by a small sample of 2 pre-season games Greenwood and Chong are way ahead and showed what technical standards are for young players.
Would agree with this, they all look much more game ready than James did but you could see James was getting frustrated with himself. Hopefully mixing it in training he’ll develop quickly to the level we want him at but he does seem to have some attributes that are handy.

Agree with what some others said as well in that he resembled a Lennon or Walcott a bit today. Skriniar did a bit of a number on him as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he also looks better on the left (like seemingly everyone), but people should remember he's 21 joining from the Championship. Going to be inconsistencies there simply from the step up of playing at a higher level, but also because of his age. Had 2 very encouraging games, 1 poor game, but it's only pre season so I'm not worried at all. He'll provide a very valuable role for the season, especially considering an actual winger with big pace is something we've lacked for years now. So just being able to change games like that and rotate around is going to be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.