5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

I’d play Dalot over him currently. Been managed poorly this year and over exposed. He has some talent but not sure he has a high ceiling. Impact player if I ever saw one.

thomas porter

He should be played on the wing in a 4231 or 433 formation or not at all. He just offers so little as a striker...he can't win headers, he can't hold the ball up, hes not clever at all with his back to goal. Hes very fast but center backs stand check his runs in behind and his entire threat is nullified.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Think he is being unfairly judged here. 3 goals and 6 assist is decent output for the type of player he is. His relentless running does something for the team, his pace is a constant threat and even when he isn't on form his presence is effecting games. All it takes is one moment for this guy because of his speed, so defenders need to act accordingly. He hasn't been very good lately but I still think he offers something to the team, just from his strengths being what it is. Now, if he didn't work as hard defensively and covered so much ground I might not be so willing to put up with his sloppiness and poor form in his decision making. Maybe playing as a "striker" he shouldn't get credit for covering ground but the boy is relentless in the first line of defence. It makes a world of difference to our actual defenders when almost every attack from Chelsea was stressed or disrupted a bit in the early phase.

Beaucoup

I’d play Dalot over him currently. Been managed poorly this year and over exposed. He has some talent but not sure he has a high ceiling. Impact player if I ever saw one.
He’s not been managed poorly, he’s doesn’t need time to adapt to the prem, he doesn’t need a rest, he’s not playing in a disfunctional attack and all the other excuses I heard on here, truth is, he’s not very good.

Robbie Boy

Not even sure he's good enough to be a bench player here. Good lad and all but a very limited footballer.

Dve

I hate saying it, but I have my doubts about James making it at this level. I do remember him playing well in some games before Christmas, and he still is the United player with most assists this season (6). But to be a top player, I think you need 2 out of 3: Technics, Pace, Physics. You can work on all 3 parts, but lack of talent will at one point stop your development.

edcunited1878

People are already writing him off?! FFS.

He's had a tumultuous, frantic, and multiple life-changing events in the past 12 months as a person, let alone a footballer. You lot can feck off about James until another year or two. If some of the current and recently former United players had half the courage and fearlessness of James, the club wouldn't be where they are.

FerociousCorgis

People are already writing him off?! FFS.

He's had a tumultuous, frantic, and multiple life-changing events in the past 12 months as a person, let alone a footballer. You lot can feck off about James until another year or two. If some of the current and recently former United players had half the courage and fearlessness of James, the club wouldn't be where they are.
i mean at the same time some players just might not be cut out for a certain level. Not like we shouldve given bebe several seasons to figure it out. Not saying james is bebe or that we should ship james out. But honestly james looks a fairly limited player who prob wont ever be a week in and week out starter. Think he could be a good squad option though

edcunited1878

i mean at the same time some players just might not be cut out for a certain level. Not like we shouldve given bebe several seasons to figure it out. Not saying james is bebe or that we should ship james out. But honestly james looks a fairly limited player who prob wont ever be a week in and week out starter. Think he could be a good squad option though
He wasn't bought to be a bang on starting XI player. He could grow into that, but I agree he may not for the time being. But he's rapid as shit, actual does have good control in tight spaces and a very low center of gravity, and will run through a brick wall for 90 mins. His delivery is good, but can be better and is continuing to learn. He's already a good squad option and will continue to be.

Dve

He wasn't bought to be a bang on starting XI player. He could grow into that, but I agree he may not for the time being. But he's rapid as shit, actual does have good control in tight spaces and a very low center of gravity, and will run through a brick wall for 90 mins. His delivery is good, but can be better and is continuing to learn. He's already a good squad option and will continue to be.
I like James, but he is 22. Sancho is 19. There is nothing certain about the future, but I think the latter could be a world star and good enough for winning the PL.

edcunited1878

I like James, but he is 22. Sancho is 19. There is nothing certain about the future, but I think the latter could be a world star and good enough for winning the PL.
Sancho could be a world star and could be a PL winner just like Tom Cleverley was a PL winner with world class players. You need different types of players who will accept roles in a greater team and James has that. He has his uses as a squad player who pushes his teammates in training and is a bastard to play against.

Marcelinho87

Just a reminder of what he can do.

He is currently off form but let's not write him off just yet, he's young and learning at this level still.

MS4

Wow nice highlights.
He could have more assissts. I like his delievery

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Thought he had a good game today. Got himself in to some really good positions, sometimes delivered sometimes he didn't. He's inconsistent (surprise, surprise. The guy is still learning), but he's always getting himself involved. Some decent deliveries today but unfortunately nobody could get on the end of them, and he always works his arse off.

No doubt people will find a reason to shit on him though.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Much better on the left.
A confident performance, he’s a work in progress and he hasn’t put it all together yet, but he’s talented.
Hopefully he has a strong end to the season, we need him to.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was a menace today, although still lacks quality to make a regular difference.

kundalini

Good through-ball to Fernandes that led to the penalty. Also created the opportunity that Fred wasted in the first half and Dan James' not particularly great cross was punched by Foster, presenting Wan-Bissaka with a chance that he shot wide. One shot off-target from just outside the area and a few that got blocked that might have been shots or crosses.

Certainly far more threatening that he has been since his assist in the Burnley away match.

thepolice123

Thought he had a decent game. The people who were bashing him on the matchday thread were watching wrong game. If Greenwood didn’t get his goal I’d probably have rated James’ performance over him today.

Andersons Dietician

Seemed like the perfect game for him, Watford allowed him space to go at people And for once he obliged.

Still some pretty frustrating moments and felt his defending at the start of the game was pretty rubbish, meaning Shaw had to keep leaving his man and position to try and get out to the fullback but I’m just glad that he started actually going at people and did pretty well.

Still needs to be more aware of what his team mates are doing but I’m not sure that’ll ever be part of his game.

Dante

Average bang
He was really good today. If we had a RvN type presence in the box, James would have chalked up about 4 assists. Greenwood and Martial need to work harder to get into tap-in positions in the box.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So much better on the left
I actually thought for about half an hour he'd forgotten how to play on the left. Looked all at sea until the ball that led to Bruno winning the penalty. Settled down massively after that. Good to see him looking good again. Last good game was Burnley (A).

spiriticon

I thought he did well today. Had good vision to make a great lay off for Fred to blast into Row Z

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Played very good today, it was his best performance post City away game. Back to the old James that I know. No fear to take on his men & dangerous service.

So much better on the left
He played on the left few times since Rashford injured and performed poor before. Left & right, what I see is not "much" different.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I liked what he did today with the ball, he tried to find his teammates with simple passes and he made a few good runs.

Teja

He'd be on okay rotation option. Did well today because we found him 1v1 with the fullback several times and gave him a chance to use his pace. Not a bad option to have a pace merchant on the bench.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

A front 4 of him, Martial, Rashford and Bruno might have a lot of potential. Could be really dangerous and they got a huge amount of goals among them. Potentially.
The thing is they would need a lot of polish and I do not see that our actual coaching stuff is able to do the job.

Brightonian

Better today, some signs of the honeymoon Dan James. Honestly, all our forwards will start to look better now that Bruno is getting things moving again, spotting runs and drawing defenders.

If we land Sancho or similar over the summer his spot in the first choice XI will be gone, but him and Greenwood will make for a healthy bench and they'll get plenty of games too. He'll develop better without such huge pressure to perform.

Devil may care

He's only starting games at the moment as there isn't any other option bar Chong when we play 4-2-3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.