5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

People get too carried away with pre season performances.

For me, the main thing he needs to work on is pressing as a unit. Which will come with time and learning to play with his team mates.

Mainoldo

He's exactly what the negative crew said before we brought him... But maybe he can be coached, just don't see why that should have cost us £15m.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Preseason is about buiding up revs to get to maximum capacity.

It makes sense to judge somebody positively once they hit top speed, because that's going to representative of their match form.

It doesn't make sense to judge negatively to when they're still on the way, because that's only representative of being in a warmup stage.
Well this is only true for first team players. For youngster, traditionally pre-season is usually where they would perform to impress the manager.

Hughie77

Well this is only true for first team players. For youngster, traditionally pre-season is usually where they would perform to impress the manager.
The boy is coming to a new level of what he's been used to, even in training, he wasn't his best today, maybe trying to hard? He's had good reports in training had good 1st half in 1st game same against Leeds. This was Milan, another level, he would have learned a great amount out of this game.

He could turn out to be anything good or bad. No judgment is needed yet!

Eddy_JukeZ

He was pretty bad.

He hasn't really taken players on so far during the tour.

Should temper our expectations with him. Saw some putting him in the team against Chelsea. Long way off from that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well that’s curtains on his United career, I guess. Was a fun month.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think their defence were aggressive and borderline fouling every time our forwards had the ball - he struggled with the physical side.

I would have liked to see him test his fullback more often as I don’t think he dribbled at him once, but hopefully he’s just trying not to look too fancy and play a simple game while he settles.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The boy is coming to a new level of what he's been used to, even in training, he wasn't his best today, maybe trying to hard? He's had good reports in training had good 1st half in 1st game same against Leeds. This was Milan, another level, he would have learned a great amount out of this game.

He could turn out to be anything good or bad. No judgment is needed yet!
He is not ready for the start of the season yet, maybe he will adapt and improve later.

NoPace

He can't cross or shoot but at 21 that's not the end of the world. I've said since he was signed that the expected outcome for a player with his price tag and credentials should be a Lucas Vasquez type you're happy with as your 3rd or 4th winger to provide pace out wide at the end of games and when there's injuries or cup games. Still on pace for that sort of thing.

Hughie77

He is not ready for the start of the season yet, maybe he will adapt and improve later.
That's what pre season is about! He's not going to start anyway.? The boy is probably benching most of the season and next season. He's been bought as a squad player. With the potential to improve in a higher level.
It will be up to him to work out how he needs to play in the premier league. I can see him coming on 10 - 15 mins here and there, unless there's a early injury .

Rossa

Don't think he was as bad as people make out. Inter closed down that right side as well as they could. They were also very physical, and in a competitive match, one of their players should have seen a red card for a second yellow. James genuinely looked apprehensive making body contact and getting tackled after a while. It reminded me of the story of Giggs and Robson (was it?) where Giggs was kicked around. Trouble is, we have none giving it back now.

khoazany

He would need time and patience to develop. Although i do hope we are not playing him ahead of, Chong for example, just because he's a signing.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't understand the fuss, he's clearly not a player whose game is to unlock packed defences, he also struggled to create the width that Chong was using to expose Conte's formation, he likes to come inside too much. But on the first point, that isn't why we bought him - we bought him to force teams to sit back so that the likes of Martial and Pogba can pen them in. And on the 2nd, he's mostly played on the left in his career and cut inside, that doesn't mean he can't learn to improve his capabilities going both ways. He's 21, he did fine, he pressed, he ran, he kept possession, knackered them out and made it easier for the players who came on in the 2nd half.

Tiber

I love him. He will make mistakes this year but we knew that when we signed him. Let him grow and i think he will be great

MUFC OK

As a defender you dont want to play against someone with that kind of pace.

MyDevil

Love him. Might not be the most gifted in the team but he chased every ball. Causing lots of problems for Spurs defenders.

Womp

idiot
Not the finished article by any means, but with his desire he can go far in the game. You can't dawdle on the ball for a second without him being in your face closing you down. Relentless, love it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's got a lot more to come from him, but if this is him having a quiet game it's a good sign IMO.

He's busy as hell, always running and working. He might not be the type to dribble 3 players with step overs and cruyff turns but he can really help us press from the front and win the ball back high up. Sometimes that can be more important than a show pony.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Far from perfect in terms of technical ability but we already knew that and it will have to improve.

His pace, work rate and spirit is fecking phenomenal. He will create goals from pressing like he did today and will rack up fouls and cards for fun.

Big future, no doubt.

AshRK

I feel he will be a success here not because he is technically superior but because of his grit, passion and hardwork and ofcourse his pace. He still needs to work on his game but overall I can see him here being a top squad player for us.

Litch

Gonna see more from him in the prem as oppose to the euro style of football of tour games where there's less space behind. You can see Spurs players concerned about his pace....

R'hllor

Wroom wroom, to bad pricks will probably uninstall his work rate, spark, they just need time.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If I was a defender, I'd be terrified to face him and would hardly leave room behind me at all if I could. He may be raw but I can't wait to see what he does this season.

Infestissumam

poor kid is going to be on the receiving end of some nasty fouls this year. His speed is unreal.

love his work ethic too. It'll take some time, but there's a great player there.

kundalini

His work-rate seemed to terrify Spurs. Just getting to the ball first created several promising situations, including when Martial hit the post.

meamth

Reminded me of Giggs when he had pace.

Even Giggsy doesn't have that much pace. Exciting times ahead with this kid in the team.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
VAR will love him, his brave nature will cause a lot of hesitation in oppo's defense before attempting to tackling him.

I know the point about his big game experience still stands, but sometimes you need a player who can stir chaos and he's great, just for that reason.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He doesn't really shy from going into situations where he knows he'll be fouled anyway, usually gets there first thanks to his pace, I very much like his attitude, defo determined to make it here.

Ibi Dreams

Really enjoyed watching him today, the way he just zipped on to a few loose balls in an instant was magic

SATA

He's going to be a success here and not just make up the numbers. He's very determined and plays with no fear which is what a half Man United player is all about, the other half of his talent and potential it will come as he progresses :drool:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's certainly tenacious. His pace has obviously been well documented and he seems to have a great attitude. His final third plays needs to improve, but that's certainly something he can work on throughout the season. In the meantime, he can be a potent weapon off the bench.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's going to get fouled a lot. I would like to see him take on his man from a standing position a bit more. Encouraging so far but we need to give him time.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Got a great foundation. Has all the things you can’t really coach.

Just needs to be more decisive with the ball at his feet. Needs to instil fear with the ball at his feet and not just off the ball with his pace. I’m sure he’s used to scaring defenders for the longest time off the ball but it’s a big boy game now. Sink or swim

Marcelinho87

I love him. He will make mistakes this year but we knew that when we signed him. Let him grow and i think he will be great
I am glad those in charge realise this because reading this thread after the Milan game you would think he is shit...

So kneejerk most fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.