Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Give the lad a chance.

Let’s make a judgment on him over next 12-18 months.
I’m just commenting on what I’m seeing right now, which is all I can do. Maybe he’ll pick up but he’s looking lost at this level so far.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m just commenting on what I’m seeing right now, which is all I can do. Maybe he’ll pick up but he’s looking lost at this level so far.
Fair enough.

Chunk of hope

He looked nervous from the start the young lad which for me is understandable he's getting good experience from playing in these huge packed out stadium's.

I can't believe some people are already judging him on here.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Exactly what should be expected coming from the championship and stepping up.

Give him a year or 2 to gel with the squad and work on the deficiencies in his game and I reckon he'll be a good squad player for us.
If we had a half-decent option for the right hand side, I don't think people would be so harsh on him.

But you can't blame them when our experienced options currently are Lingard & Mata. If I have to see those two again on the RW this season...

Hawks2008

Has plenty of speed and endeavour no doubt but still raw. Maybe not suited to the right but will be interesting to see how he goes this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doesn't look a natural right winger, which is fine because I like what I've seen from him on the left so far.

Raven

Needs to improve his strength, he was getting ragdolled, which I think probably affected his confidence.

el3mel

Looked pretty lost on the right. Another left winger I guess, but he'll still be very useful with his pace.

UnitedObsession99

He shouldn't be playing RW, not suited to it. We need a proper RW.

Dan James shouldn't be starting games yet, will he a great bench option and can develop from there.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played well I thought, other than that wayward shot which can happen.
He does seem better suited to the left, which isn't surprising.
A good test against a more organised defence than he's used to being up against.

Godfather

Very raw. Reminds me a bit of Zaha when he arrived here. Must give him time but I don't think he is a starter yet. And surely not on the right.

MAME DIOUF 32

Nowhere near perfect but he doesn't look out of place imo. Always wants the ball and willing to try things. Given how utterly shit his competition has been for the past couple of years I'd be happy enough to see him starting games.

He's exactly what you would expect from a young player from the championship. He will improve, we need to be patient with him.

3KDré

Think he is another player more suited to the left, which is a bit annoying because that's also the case with Martial, Chong & Rashford.

luke511

If you look at his stats for Swansea last year he was much better suited to the left than the right, that was obvious today as well. I'd judge him more off the game vs Leeds rather than todays.

Andersons Dietician

He’s as many of said raw. Workrate, endeavour, pace can’t be faulted. His game however or what he does with the ball maybe isn’t developed as some in the team. Think on the break mind he could be lethal it’s just can you carry what he is lacking for the hope he gets a chance to open his legs.

kundalini

One dangerous cross across the face of goal (no-one there) but otherwise his play in the final third was disappointing. Very poor shot wide from an angle after Lindelof's pass.

I like him and he has shown plenty of promise but may need to be used carefully.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If we had a half-decent option for the right hand side, I don't think people would be so harsh on him.

But you can't blame them when our experienced options currently are Lingard & Mata. If I have to see those two again on the RW this season...
Yeah quite possibly, but we need to keep a degree of context when assessing our signings.

Zlatans Knee

I think we have just seen that we have a certain 17 year old who is more than half decent and can play in that RW position.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah quite possibly, but we need to keep a degree of context when assessing our signings.
Oh definitely. He's come from the Championship where his stats weren't that impressive. He's performing how i expected him to. Lot's of energy and desire but lacking in end-product.

We're still waiting on Rashford to improve his decision-making so it's expected for James to be similar.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Oh definitely. He's come from the Championship where his stats weren't that impressive. He's performing how i expected him to. Lot's of energy and desire but lacking in end-product.

We're still waiting on Rashford to improve his decision-making so it's expected for James to be similar.
Yeah, ideally we wouldn't rely on him too much this year, but it looks like we won't bring in a RW so we'll have to be patient.

Canagel

He doesn't have the end product yet- far too raw. We're going to regret not buying RW I think.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah, ideally we wouldn't rely on him too much this year, but it looks like we won't bring in a RW so we'll have to be patient.
If his infectious-like work-rate rubs off on the rest of the team this season, i'll be happy.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Its the type of Spurs like signing where everyone says its a bad signing first months then in about a year or two he is a very solid player. Didn't look good, but first time on the right with him and Bissaka so obviously that isn't a big deal at this point.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He wasn't as good but he looks tidy little player. As a RW he struggled but hopefully he will improve with time.

El Jefe

I didn't find him impressive in the first two games and he played on the left. The only difference is that today he was up against better players.

The truth like many have said is that he's a player that was playing in the championship last year. He's a raw work in progress and we shouldn't place too much expectation on him. He really shouldn't be starting PL games at all for now, he's more a useful option off the bench.

Tarrou

doesn't look suited to the right

I wouldn't judge him too much on this performance

MadMike

He'll need time to develop and that might have to happen outside the starting XI for most of the season. He should be understudy to Sanchez on his preferred left side.

We still need a right winger more than anything imo.

Dinghy

Not writing him off, but he's got a very basic skillset for a United-winger. His pace is something else and he will be useful for us over a season but he needs to do much better when on the ball. Not once did he try to take on his fullback, while someone like Chong skinned his fullback every time he had the ball.

GlasgowCeltic

He looked nervous from the start the young lad which for me is understandable he's getting good experience from playing in these huge packed out stadium's.

I can't believe some people are already judging him on here.
Other players are being judged in a positive light based on pre season so why not the opposite?

Hughie77

Learning he his, the level of opposition is above what he's been against, the penny will drop he will work it out ,sometimes he just needs to use his pace, instead of trying to cut back in, top defenders expect that.

Pre season this is what's it all about.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He doesn't have the end product yet- far too raw. We're going to regret not buying RW I think.
Plenty of industry and pace but no real quality in the final third. Might make a decent bench option but you're right, the RW thing is still a problem. Unless Greenwood or Gomes can do it.

Marcelinho87

Good to see Cafe has already given up on him.
Ridiculous ain't it.

He has spent a matter of weeks here and doesn't have the foggiest who anybody is nevermind how we expect to play... He along with everyone else needs a bit of time adapting to Ole's methods.

Walters_19_MuFc

Its clear to see that, like most of our attacking players, he needs to work on his decision making and finishing. Had a couple of good chances in the first half but slashed at them.

I'd have personally liked to have seen AWB hold back sometimes and encourage James to take players on instead of making an overlap/underlap.

His pace is frightening though and I can't imagine defenders be looking forward to playing against him as he's just a bundle of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.