Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
He should definitely be our first choice on the left wing. Definitely seems a better player than Rashford in that position and is a goal threat from the wing.

Zoo

Isn’t and never will be a Utd player, even in this current squad where the bar is set so low, Bebe was a better footballer than this lad. It’s not his fault, he’s just not good enough. A truly bizarre signing.
:)

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Scored again from left wing. Much more productive than Rashford from left. At this rate he will take left wing spot from Rashford.
Yeah James needs to play on the left. Not fair to expect a young player to step up from the Championship to the Premier whilst playing out of position

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Dan on the left also means we can swap Pogba back to left of the midfield where he is much more comfortable (and McT to the right where he too is more comfortable)
Or 3-5-2

——Wan-Lindelof-Harry
Dalot——McT—Pog——Dan
—————-Gomes
———martial—Rashford

Robbie Boy

Dan James’ on fire, your defence is terrified, Dan James’ on fire, your defence is terrified, na na na na na na na, na na na

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
And all those fools that were writing him off after one match....
It’s incredible. I mean, it happens time and time again but it’s still incredible. All these wannabe football analysts coming out with bollox about how a player they’ve only watched a handful of times is not technical, or not talented, or lacking in some key element that couldn’t ever improve. Mindless nonsense.

Aouer-United

If he continues his form to the end of the season, he is definitely going to be the signing of the season and best young player of PL.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I wonder what the management stuff would be thinking about right now concerning our left side. James has shown himself much more productive on the left and deliver end product which is badly needed for us right now.

He's clearly improving game by game. He's already vastly different from the player he was a year ago given his stats weren't showing great goalscoring ability but since he was young improvement was always on the card which is what he's clearly showing.

Now question is, with his current form and end product he's bringing from that left side, does management stick with Rashford on the left and James still right or they become ruthless and get James playing in his favorite position on the left and switch Rashford on the right?

Kurton

All his goals so far this season have been great. Seems to have great shooting technique and quite accurate as well, remember him testing the goalie against Southampton so many times. We've missed someone like him who could shoot accurately from distance, hope our strikers can benefit from the rebounds.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
And all those fools that were writing him off after one match....
The irony of your post is that you have also formed your opinion on James over a very short period of time.

He is certainly showing more promise compared to his first 2 games for us, but it is still very early days.

We all want it to work for him here, there is no hidden agenda on my part, just saying.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mental finishes. The goals will eventually dry out a little - I think he’s scored like 4 goals from 5 shots on target, or something like that - so a dip when he can’t keep up this crazy conversion rate will only be natural.

Really hope he sustains this form in his general play, though.

Skills

Snitch
It's weird how some players just seem to have a goalscoring touch. He gets in really good positions and at the moment, he must be brimming full of confidence.

Adamsk7

I still think he’s got a long way to go and I am unconvinced with his overall play so far but damn can he finish from that left side coming inside on his right foot. Keep this up and it’ll be a Robben-esque trademark.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Glad he's continuing to impress, hopefully he keeps it up.
Really talented player.

Tarrou

thats a finish of a player playing with great confidence

his shooting technique is way better than I expected

if Ole drops him from the left wing for Rashford the caf will explode

mav_9me

Mental finishes. The goals will eventually dry out a little - I think he’s scored like 4 goals from 5 shots on target, or something like that - so a dip when he can’t keep up this crazy conversion rate will only be natural.

Really hope he sustains this form in his general play, though.
That's where I am. Imo this is a purple patch. More interested in how he is in general play. So far has been good. Particularly loved his crosses in the Southampton game.

minh_loc_xoay

if Ole drops him from the left wing for Rashford the caf will explode
Ole has little authority apart from being Woodward's puppet to calm fans, I'm afraid...
It seems Rashford, Pogba and Lingard have more authority in the dressing room than him.

Tarrou

Ole has little authority apart from being Woodward's puppet to calm fans, I'm afraid...
It seems Rashford, Pogba and Lingard have more authority in the dressing room than him.
so how did he manage to drop Lingard in the last game then?

Status
Not open for further replies.