5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

minh_loc_xoay

so how did he manage to drop Lingard in the last game then?
After Lingard's most terrible run of games in his Manchester United career...
I think the biggest proof is Rashford just keeps doing bad decisions, selfish shooting from impossible angle, ignoring teammates, wasting freekicks time and time yet does not step down despite we have better freekick takers in the team (Pogba and Mata). Just like how Pogba keeps being given penalties although he had a low conversion rate of penalties (Only Rashford can take it from him, mind you). So far I have not seen any proofs that Ole can probably tell them off, to either cut off those unnecessary antics (Particularly Rashford's wastefullness and being selfish, ignoring teammates...) or get dropped. I think he needs to be more ruthless and intimidating.

Tarrou

After Lingard's most terrible run of games in his Manchester United career...
I think the biggest proof is Rashford just keeps doing bad decisions, selfish shooting from impossible angle, ignoring teammates, wasting freekicks time and time yet does not step down despite we have better freekick takers in the team (Pogba and Mata). Just like how Pogba keeps being given penalties although he had a low conversion rate of penalties (Only Rashford can take it from him, mind you). So far I have not seen any proofs that Ole can probably tell them off, to either cut off those unnecessary antics (Particularly Rashford's wastefullness and being selfish, ignoring teammates...) or get dropped. I think he needs to be more ruthless and intimidating.
so Ole does have the authority to drop people, but only if it's after the "the most terrible run of games"?

meamth

The irony of your post is that you have also formed your opinion on James over a very short period of time.

He is certainly showing more promise compared to his first 2 games for us, but it is still very early days.

We all want it to work for him here, there is no hidden agenda on my part, just saying.
But what he said is true. There are some posters here who absolutely believe James will not make it here at United.

He is a failure, championship level, Bebe more talented, etc.

So now James is showing us his top form. If this is his top form, then whatever happens in the future when he dipped, we can expect him to be this good again.
Certainly showing us that he is not a championship level player.

Aouer-United

James could have scored more goals for us despite scoring 3 goals in 4 games, he could have hat trick against Southampton and brace against Crystal Palace. He got in many great positions to shoot that could result in a goal. Three of his goal for United and Wale have been a typical goal for him and it looked as if he have mastered his shooting in that position.

He is going to be a brilliant player for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Currently our most effective player.
New to the squad of superstars and to the premier league.
21 years old
From the championships.

Let that sink it.

tenpoless

21 years old
From the championships.

Let that sink it.
I refuse to call our squad full of superstars but Daniel James is a light in a dark tunnel, you can see his passion and that's very refreshing after seeing a bunch of overpaid half-arsed players stinking the place for years.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
21 years old
From the championships.

Let that sink it.
When you play for manutd you are already a superstar. Believe it or not they are known world over and sell shirts. Whether they warrant it or not its another story. Point is, its amazing how he not only slot in nicely but actually taking it to another step altogether.
Its an indication of our terrible squad too. I hope they don't spoil his spirit to be like them in the long run. Things like this gets rub on the entire squad.

Treble

Interestingly, several 'championship' players have started the season strongly: Pukki, Abraham, Mount, James, Wilson scored a beauty against City, etc. It' s impossible for all of them to maintain that goalscoring form. Hope James is the one who can keep it up.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The irony of your post is that you have also formed your opinion on James over a very short period of time.

He is certainly showing more promise compared to his first 2 games for us, but it is still very early days.

We all want it to work for him here, there is no hidden agenda on my part, just saying.

it was so annoying seeing how People were getting on his back especially like I said after one match (in which he didn’t even play that bad) it was ridiculous. Not saying you in particular but People do have an agenda against him it’s obvious. One mistake and people will jump on him, it’s not hard with our form but imo he’s he’s probably been our player of the season so far.

Revaulx

I just hope that he’s served well by United’s first team coaches. Given how other attacking signings have regressed under their regime I can’t say I’m terribly confident of this.

SaintMuppet

I just hope playing with some of the rubbish he is here does not ruin him.

If the rest of the squad had half his attitude we would be in a better place.

Withnail

It was a nice goal and it'll give him confidence but it's International football and the opposition was Belarus. Most of their players play in their domestic league so the standard is not high.

He's had a good start in the PL and fair play to him but I wouldn't be getting carried away with performances against these lads.

Caesar2290

Dan on the left also means we can swap Pogba back to left of the midfield where he is much more comfortable (and McT to the right where he too is more comfortable)
Or 3-5-2

——Wan-Lindelof-Harry
Dalot——McT—Pog——Dan
—————-Gomes
———martial—Rashford
This formation would fix a lot of problems. I see Rashford more as a SS a la Yorke, the guy needs space to operate. With a CF in front of him, he might get it.

Pogba on the left, Dalot as a WB(which I think is his natural position). Lindelof to push into the DM role when we are attacking.

This formation makes too much sense, this is why I don't think we will see it implemented

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It was a nice goal and it'll give him confidence but it's International football and the opposition was Belarus. Most of their players play in their domestic league so the standard is not high.

He's had a good start in the PL and fair play to him but I wouldn't be getting carried away with performances against these lads.
Nobody is getting carried away. It’s an amazing finish, doesn’t matter who the opposition is at all.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's another nice finish, regardless of the opposition he's again showing he can find the far corner. We have to keep our feet on the ground but he deserves plenty of praise; he's one of the very few United players who's having an unequivocally good start to the season.

NJM78

Cracking finish.

He needs to stay left side, hope Ole doesn't move him to accommodate Rashford (Should Martial be fit). Looks a completely different player on that side of the pitch and needs to make that position his own.

flappyjay

Cracking finish.

He needs to stay left side, hope Ole doesn't move him to accommodate Rashford (Should Martial be fit). Looks a completely different player on that side of the pitch and needs to make that position his own.
Rashford will have to sort himself out but for now our most effective forwards seems to be James and Martial, they should both be played in positions that get the best out of them

romufc

No one is getting carried away, we all know he is young and will be inconsistent. What he has impressed me is his tenacity and passion.

But this is a clear example that fans are not all about negativity. When players play well, fans will be behind them it is when we know some of the players we have have the quality and have been well below it, and it urks fans.

settembrini

Great goal. £15m for this lad is looking better and better.

Now please buy the left footed version for the right wing.

SirAF

Ageist
Rashford will have to sort himself out but for now our most effective forwards seems to be James and Martial, they should both be played in positions that get the best out of them
Agreed. James on the left and Martial as #9, Rashford will have to settle for the right side for now.

prateik

Was he always this productive or has he stepped up since joining us?

Players dont join us and get better... It usually goes the other way.. What is happening?

Classnordic

An absolute bargain, there seems to be value in the market after all, Even for us. Absolutely obscene.

Varun

Staff

Players dont join us and get better... It usually goes the other way.. What is happening?
Not coached long enough by us. Give it time

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Going by Swansea fans, he improved a lot in second half of the season.

stu_1992

Great seeing him in this run of form. Will do wonders for his confidence after stepping up a big level. Hopefully this is evidence of a player having stepped up his game, but we can't expect too much too soon. As with other young players you have to expect a dip could come. Fantastic start though and I'll take more of the same.

Withnail

No one is getting carried away, we all know he is young and will be inconsistent. What he has impressed me is his tenacity and passion.

But this is a clear example that fans are not all about negativity. When players play well, fans will be behind them it is when we know some of the players we have have the quality and have been well below it, and it urks fans.
Point taken - I'm just wary of the same people building him up now could be the ones tearing him down when he hits a bad patch.

He'll also be watched a lot more closely by opposing teams as he's no longer an unknown quantity and we can all see how dangerous he can be. It'll be interesting to see how he copes and if he can keep stepping up.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Point taken - I'm just wary of the same people building him up now could be the ones tearing him down when he hits a bad patch.

He'll also be watched a lot more closely by opposing teams as he's no longer an unknown quantity and we can all see how dangerous he can be. It'll be interesting to see how he copes and if he can keep stepping up.
Although if they are watching him more closely, it might open up other area of the pitch for our players to exploit.

Drz

I'm really happy with his performances so far, definetly a surprise after the preseason games in which i had the impression that he needs time to be up for a starting place @ ManUnited.

Shame that he is better on the left aswell, leaves us with the same problem as last season and the season before. Would be brilliant if he's left footed and able to play on the right the way he plays on the left in reality.
Well given the recent form of some players this is a blessing. Daniel's form on the left should see him starting in that position as our current best option, ditto for Martial at 9.
That leaves RW, AM and DM to figure out based on form in training when Martial returns from injury.

Kurton

Dan on the left also means we can swap Pogba back to left of the midfield where he is much more comfortable (and McT to the right where he too is more comfortable)
Or 3-5-2

——Wan-Lindelof-Harry
Dalot——McT—Pog——Dan
—————-Gomes
———martial—Rashford
To me it looks more like shoehorning Rashford somehow into the team.

MrBest

The reason why i think he will make it is because he wants it so bad. It is so refreshing to see a player at United hungry for more game over game. We still need patience with him, he is raw. He will have great games and bad ones. He is someone who will probably need a few years to build consistency and be a top player. He is only 21 but he is hungry for more and I love that.

romufc

Oh 100% there will be a time where he has 15 games without a goal, I can assure you the caf will be going mental, he isn't good enough, deadwood etc.

Denis79

Oh 100% there will be a time where he has 15 games without a goal, I can assure you the caf will be going mental, he isn't good enough, deadwood etc.
He's young and just started his career in the PL. It qould be unfair to him if we expect this crazy form to continue. He will hit a bad patch sooner or later, that is a fact and we have to be patient.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's young and just started his career in the PL. It qould be unfair to him if we expect this crazy form to continue. He will hit a bad patch sooner or later, that is a fact and we have to be patient.
Good luck with that. One bad game and he will be back to championship junkie.

romufc

Agreed, this is the time to keep playing him because he is doing well full of confidence but there will be time when that is low and he might need a few games out the team. I cannot see many patient fans on here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.