5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

One of his quieter games for us, but still played a key part in two of our goals. His play for Rashford's goal was top class. Getting in behind and have the composure to pick out a pass.

Classical Mechanic

Needs to dribble his man more, a lot more. He only averages about 1 dribble a game. It was a poor showing from him but he was a lot better near the end. His pass to Rashford for the last goal was composed in that he waited to find the best option.

jem

He had a lovely burst near the end where he carried it up field and then sent a meandering pass out wide for Greenwood that caused Greenwood to break his stride, leading to the attack break down. That happens far too often for us.

Bwuk

Don’t know what people expect. Our midfield got dominated and couldn’t play forward. James needs through balls to run onto.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's decent to good on the right but an absolute star when played on the left wing. Ole has some puzzles to solve in attack, it might be worth trying Martial as a false 9 and try Rashford as the right forward with James cutting in from the left.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's decent to good on the right but an absolute star when played on the left wing. Ole has some puzzles to solve in attack, it might be worth trying Martial as a false 9 and try Rashford as the right forward with James cutting in from the left.
While James may be better on the left (not something I necessarily agree with) he's not so good on the left that it's worth moving Rashford from his preferred position

He'sRaldo

That's why I've said before it's a massive shame he isn't left-footed. If he was that would have completed our attack.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Needs to dribble his man more, a lot more. He only averages about 1 dribble a game. It was a poor showing from him but he was a lot better near the end. His pass to Rashford for the last goal was composed in that he waited to find the best option.
Completely agree. Especially when he is on the right. Then he can take his man wide (like he did on Williams goal yesterday) and get a cross in. And even if he does get tackled going wide, the ball just goes out for a throw or corner in most cases, unlike if you cut in and tackle takes the ball back up field to launch a possible counter...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
While James may be better on the left (not something I necessarily agree with) he's not so good on the left that it's worth moving Rashford from his preferred position
Yeah tbh I like James more on the right. Rashford on the left is potentially our best player though, so long as the right players are around him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah tbh I like James more on the right. Rashford on the left is potentially our best player though, so long as the right players are around him.
I do to, we finally have a natural RW and people want to put him on the left :(

VJ1762

Love that people still criticize our front 3 at all when we score 3 goals as soon as they miraculously get any semblance of consistent service. The issue lies deeper.
Our midfield has not been reinforced properly since SAF's final years. It is very concerning that taking Scott Mctominay, who has only had a consistent run of games since March, out from the team made us unrecognizable.

meamth

He is not a skill wizard, hence he can't beat his man 1 v 1 consistently. His dribbling only works during fast breaks when he got extra space to take the ball forward.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is not a skill wizard, hence he can't beat his man 1 v 1 consistently. His dribbling only works during fast breaks when he got extra space to take the ball forward.
He beats his man consistently but he is fouled a lot so those are not considered as dribbles completed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep, especially as Rashford is playing so fecking well on the left yet people want to move him around. Makes no sense.
Yeah, there is no point moving any of the attacking players. For the first time in years, it looks like we have settled attack with 3 players comfortable in their positions. I would say LW is James' best position but he is playing really well as RW too and gives balance to the team with his direct approach from right wing. Also he can pick passes from right wing like he did against Norwich. He us unpredictable from LW as he has decent left foot so he can cut inside or go outside and whip the cross, he is unpredictable from right wing too where he can either pick early cross or use his pace to beat the defender from outside.

Right now, Rashford as LW, Martial as CF, James as RW looks our best attack. We have to fix the team behind them starting with Attacking mid.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm not sure about that. He's absolute star on both left & right imo. I actually like James on the right more since Rashford suit on the left and I though James has performed better on the right so far since his right foot crossing seems to be more spot on than his left foot.

At the end of the day I'm not worry where he should play left or right, right will compliment Rashford on the left and he can always play on the left if we play Greenwood on the right instead.

CR1

James and Rashford (and Martial to a lesser extent) should just interchange a lot, switching sides and running diagonals etc. Like Rooney, Ronaldo and Tévez.

I have advocated to have Rashford on the right, at the very least occasionally, though. He's shown he can be a threat down that channel as well.

Against Sheffield United we saw James starting plays that gave rise to two of our goals, one from each side. First, on the right flank and then on the left flank. And this was in a game where he, as the whole team, was rather anonymous on the whole. But he still pretty much created two goals.

He could have had a lot more assists than he has this season, as well. A few more goals too. He's a real gem. I was very happy when he signed and am very happy he's a United player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He'd have more assists if Chicharito was still playing for us.

Needs to keep doing what he is doing. Once the others sort themselves out he will get a lot of assists.

Based Adnan

Needs to grow a pair and start bollocking Rashford and Martial everytime he puts in a dangerous ball and they're too busy playing with themselves

RUCK4444

Infuriates me that our forwards don’t make the required runs when they know he’s going to whip a cross in.

It’s basics and our forwards are quick enough.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It's testament to just how far we've fallen when a player so terribly ordinary and limited is being readily celebrated with such desperate zeal.

You're never going to win a tin cup with Danny 'Kick and Rush' James in your team and if somehow United do start competing for the top honours again he sure as hell won't play any part in it.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t great today, has little moments but overall I’m still not sure if he will work out or not. I’m not sure he is a top level footballer but then neither are half of our team.

Given Martial and Rashford tend to be the ones that play him in and he seems to only have 1 gear and never really looks what’s in the box just whacks a cross not going to crucify them.

kundalini

Disappointing performance but as others have already mentioned, the crosses that fly across the face of the goal, could so easily be assists if one of our forwards made an effort to get there. It's absolutely ridiculous at this stage of the season that his team-mates haven't figured out what is going to happen when Dan gets the ball.

One poor cross behind Rashford early on, then his attempt at a one-two with Martial was way too far ahead of Martial, allowing Heaton to claim the ball easily.

3KDré

He's not doing much wrong really. He's been moved out of position, which is fair enough given Rashford's form, yet he should have a lot more assists. He has been let down by his teammates.

NoPace

If we had a poacher like Aubameyang he'd get 30 goals in the league from these visually unimpressive but effective James crosses across the face of goal.

SungSam7

It's testament to just how far we've fallen when a player so terribly ordinary and limited is being readily celebrated with such desperate zeal.

You're never going to win a tin cup with Danny 'Kick and Rush' James in your team and if somehow United do start competing for the honours again he sure as hell won't play any part in it.
Jesus, bit harsh don't you think? We have bigger problems than Daniel James... Being so toxic gets you nowhere.

Irwin99

Not great but is always trying to force his way through even when things aren't going his way, e.g that cross in the 18 yard box that nobody else thought to get on the end of.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He must get sick of putting great balls into the box and nobody being anywhere near the end of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.