Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Huge step from the Championship though so, yeah he'll be tired now, but he still manage to run his socks off every game. He is an absolute menace with his pace. Creates something with it every game he plays, it is just about if we can capitalise on it or not. The funny thing is I think most of his assists has been really good passing, vision etc. rather than him running.

Foxbatt

He hasn't even played a full season in the PL let alone at this level. Give him time and he will be a good player.

Betson

With so little experience coming from the championship he has done better than I thought he would , did not think he would see so much game time but then again our squad is very weak and he has had to step up fast , room for improvement and bit more consistency but overall he has done well in difficult circumstances and has certainly justified what we paid for him.

Mindhunter

Bollocks. As if no champions player made it big. He is a kid for God’s sake. This is his first season playing for us. In fact he shouldn’t be expected to be a first teamer. Lay off the kid and let him learn and grow.

Guapa

Been off the pace since the international break.Still done well for us mostly this his first season with us.Still more to come from him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Take Salah down ffs.

Other than that he needs to watch Messi play. Before he uses his blistering pace and his favorite move - the kick and run - he needs to learn to engage his opponent. Square up, use his low centre of gravity to drop a shoulder like Messi and then explode away.

Currently he's like a kid in a playground

Robaldo

Atrocious today - if Pereira put in that performance he'd be crucified.

Not directly his fault for the first goal but he had two reasonable opportunities to put Martial in before and ballsed it.

No idea how he stayed on for the 90...

el3mel

2 more weeks away from completing 5 straight months without a single goal despite playing almost every game.

Decent lad but really he's not good enough as a long term starter. Needs to be upgraded. Will be a useful squad option but that's about it. Unfortunately the brilliant start of the season didn't last that long.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont think the right suits him.

With Rashford injured he may get a chance on the left now.

I think we need a RW in the summer. Either a good right footed RW or a left footed player on the RW.

arnie_ni

Final ball is awful, should have laid it on a plate for martial after about 10 mins.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’ll get slagged off by idiots today but he’s had a good season, a poor performance doesn’t change that.
He looked a lot better when he got moved to his natural position, that performance is on Ole, not James.
He could have brought Salah down at the end but what would be the point? Lose 1-0 rather than 2-0 and have him sent off? I know emotions are high but let’s all stop and think for a minute.

marktan

I honestly didn't even notice him all game. Pereira at least showed for the ball and tried. Disappointing.

predator

Youth NITK
Sorry but he isnt good enough. His physical presence against other players is non existent. His end product isnt great either. He can be great at times but like others have said I dont believe he is first choice standard.

432JuanMata

It’s the clubs fault for having to rely on him to start most to every game he is not at that level yet(might never be). He really did go hiding today and has been poor for a few weeks

RonaldoVII

The effort is there but quality isn't.

Not sure what he was thinking right at the end; if he runs in a straight line towards goal then Salah has to beat him to score but he went towards the ball and couldn't get back round.

Bojan11

He’ll get slagged off by idiots today but he’s had a good season, a poor performance doesn’t change that.
He looked a lot better when he got moved to his natural position, that performance is on Ole, not James.
He could have brought Salah down at the end but what would be the point? Lose 1-0 rather than 2-0 and have him sent off? I know emotions are high but let’s all stop and think for a minute.
Think about what? He hasn’t scored for five months despite starting nearly every game.

Dec9003

Think about what? He hasn’t scored for five months despite starting nearly every game.
What does that have to do with idiots slating him for not bringing Salah down? Nothing.
He’s been involved in 9 goals by January in his first season in the premier league, he’s a talented young lad that isn’t being protected.
I hate seeing our young players being thrown to the wolves, especially when the wolves are fellow supporters who should be backing them, especially the young ones.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Showed he is a championship player today(harsh considering he's had a good start this season), but what disappoints is how poor he is defensively. Mata gives the team more when we are without the ball than him, he needs lot of improvement there but also needs to care about pressing more if he is ever going to learn how to do it, like did at the end there with Salah.

Bojan11

What does that have to do with idiots slating him for not bringing Salah down? Nothing.
He’s been involved in 9 goals by January in his first season in the premier league, he’s a talented young lad that isn’t being protected.
I hate seeing our young players being thrown to the wolves, especially when the wolves are fellow supporters who should be backing them, especially the young ones.
He has not scored for five months for Christ sakes. Is that hard to understand? He starts nearly every game and doesn’t really offer much. We need better quality than him. You look at the City/Liverpool wingers and the gaps huge.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been thinking for a little while that he’ll make a good right back. And I think if he wants to stay at the top clubs in his career, that’s where he’ll end up.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don’t think he is shit or good, he is average with blizzering pace, but that’s about it. Not by any means his fault he is playing as much as he is, but he should be used as a impact sub against tired legs.

I’m fairly confident that he will be a good option to have going forward and it’s quite sad to see so many bashing him. He gives his all every game and at the moment its not good enough but no need to bash him.

Maybe we should learn to manage our expectations with young players. There will be extreme highs and vice versa. I’m sure some dummies will bash Greenwood next if he does not deliver in the absense of Rashford.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's a squad player on a decent team, today was a poor showing. There were some passes that should be in his repertoire that he completely messed up which would have created dangerous chances.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Take Salah down ffs.
Nah. My first thought was the same, but ultimately all that would have done is have us be a man down and yet another attacker missing for the next three games as it would have been a blatant red card. He could have done better by using his pace to actually get in front of Salah before going for the ball, but he was right not to bring him down.

Dec9003

He has not scored for five months for Christ sakes. Is that hard to understand? He starts nearly every game and doesn’t really offer much. We need better quality than him. You look at the City/Liverpool wingers and the gaps huge.
It isn’t hard to understand, but how can you expect him to score when his entire job in the side is to run up the right hand side and put the ball in?
He plays a specific role for us, when he was on the left he was scoring goals for us.
He isn’t as good as Salah, Mane, Sterling etc, that’s obvious, but at his age you have no right to expect that of him when he’s only just joined us from the Championship.
To have set up six goals and have scored 3 by January shows he’s offering something, to say otherwise because he’s in a bad bit of form is just the reactionary nonsense I expect from some of our so called fans.

El Jefe

So let me get this right, criticise his performance today and you're an idiot. His poor performance is not on him but on Ole. Should have made a tactical foul on Salah but feck it what's the point.

Did you read what you posted? That is some ridiculous fanboy shite right there, you don't want to hold James accountable for anything.

Godfather

Well what do we expect from him? He is a decent footballer in his first season playing in the PL. He shouldnt even be playing as much as he is. Perfect role for him would be as a super sub but our terrible, terrible squad planning lead to him having to play most of our games albeit not beeing ready for that at all.

Bojan11

It isn’t hard to understand, but how can you expect him to score when his entire job in the side is to run up the right hand side and put the ball in?
He plays a specific role for us, when he was on the left he was scoring goals for us.
He isn’t as good as Salah, Mane, Sterling etc, that’s obvious, but at his age you have no right to expect that of him when he’s only just joined us from the Championship.
To have set up six goals and have scored 3 by January shows he’s offering something, to say otherwise because he’s in a bad bit of form is just the reactionary nonsense I expect from some of our so called fans.
And that’s why I said he shouldn’t be starting for us. He’s not ready to be starting for a big club.

Dec9003

So let me get this right, criticise his performance today and you're an idiot. His poor performance is not on him but on Ole. Should have made a tactical foul on Salah but feck it what's the point.

Did you read what you posted? That is some ridiculous fanboy shite right there, you don't want to hold James accountable for anything.
There’s a difference between critiquing a poor performance and saying he’s not good enough and never will be good enough, unless your opinion is that if a player has a bad game we should just bin him.
Why should he foul Salah? It’s the dying seconds of the match and we’re already losing, why get a suspension to lose anyway? Like I said previously, think.

kundalini

Rubbish performance. Wasted several good situations in the first half with a poor cross, then a poor through-ball. Didn't want to take Robertson on for some unknown reason. Surprised he stayed on given how anonymous he was in the 2nd half.

Dec9003

And that’s why I said he shouldn’t be starting for us. He’s not ready to be starting for a big club.
That we agree on, he needs a lot more protection than he’s getting.

DWelbz19

Championship player. Not his fault but we shouldn’t be relying on him.
'Championship player' is harsh, but I agree with the second sentence; he's ultimately good enough to be a squad player at this level, but he's forced into being a necessity in the starting XI because our options are so bleak.

RedIan

He’s young very inexperienced and still much top learn. He was a snip at 15mil and should not be playing as often as he is but we have such a thin squad that we need his pace to try and play counter attack in games like today. he needs a rest but we just dont have the quality to rotate players

snowkarl

Typical reactionary cafe.
Today he's a championship player.
The reactionary judgement was the intitial one - he has been poor ever since his first good run of 5-6 games. Can't pass, cross or finish well enough. At least not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.