Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Textbook James today, supreme pace and threat down the wing, but needs to look for the pull backs more often.

However, that will come.

It's the truth. Or do you think running & work-rate overrules everything?
the lad has barely played 50 professional games in his career. He brings something different to the team when he plays, and is an excellent squad option. He’s been played a lot more than anyone expected this season, and goes from strength to strength. You probably thought Park was crap. Successful teams have players like James in their squads.

enjoy the win.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Martial did the exact same, and that was an even greater goal scoring chance. Criminal decision making from James no doubt, but he was not the only one.
Ole has just called them both out on it in his interview with sky, I'm glad he has.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
the lad has barely played 50 professional games in his career. He brings something different to the team when he plays, and is an excellent squad option. He’s been played a lot more than anyone expected this season, and goes from strength to strength. You probably thought Park was crap. Successful teams have players like James in their squads.

enjoy the win.
It's a fair comment, I don't think he would have been expecting to start every game himself.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

enjoy the win.
I loved Park. Park had much more talent than James so it's not even a fair comparison. Park actually had good decision-making and was a threat off both feet to go along with his endless stamina. James is like Traore, glorified athletes, all pace & no brain. I've never been a fan of those kinds of players.

I think his potential to grow isn't that high, he can be a useful squad player against tired legs sure, but as a starter i highly doubt it.

I did enjoy the win, but on another day, his mistakes could have easily cost us. I can't just ignore that.

Tyrion

Pace was dangerous but poor decision making. I'm hoping that will come with experience so I'm not worried, even if I was frustrated today.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's a squad player who's being played way more minutes than he should be because he turned out to be a better option than some of the first teamers.

Can't believe people are complaining about him.
People keep saying this but who exactly would be playing instead of him? Given the squad we have I can only assume that the plan was for him to be a regular starter

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His final ball was completely wrong a couple of times, but he also played a vital role in how we played. Was a huge threat on the counter-attack which kept their defence under pressure, and he also played a big part in pressing from the front at times.

UnitedChampionsAgain

If Bruno can teach him how to play football ( as no one else at the club can) he could be useful. Until then he's just the same headless chicken every game.

AaronRedDevil

He played good today. But he's an absolute twat in his decision making. Thank feck we won or he'd have been lynched.

Zoo

He showed a new found aggression today, almost like he’s fighting his way out of his slump. and was backing himself. He’ll learn.

OrcaFat

I can scarcely believe the heat this kid is getting. I wish his decision making was already better but it will certainly come.

I would never suggest he is in Giggs’ league but Giggs took time to get his crossing and decision making up to standard. And James has plenty in common with Giggs, above all his ball carrying, at pace, over long distances. It gives us an outlet when we’re soaking up pressure and scares the shite out of the opposition until the last minute. He mainly cocks up his final ball but the opposition can’t take that chance. And eventually he will get his head up and start picking out the right passes. To get there he has to play games.

It would help us to buy a more developed RW so we have options and can use DJ more sparingly over the next year or two. But I can’t agree with anyone who tries to do his talent down. He has the lot and just needs time to bring it out every match.

Nick.

He worked hard today and was a constnt threat, always starting up counters. He needs to work on the final ball but I'm proud. Just wish he looked up for Bruno's late runs.

The_Midfielder

He has. been amazing .. Gave Otemandi and City's lb a rough night .. made one mistake regarding that Bruno incident .. other than that he was excellent

Paul_Scholes18

Very good from him even if the final ball was lacking. Carried it forward so bloody well though.

Classical Mechanic

He did my head in tonight. I rarely get animated watching games these days but I was screaming at him to pass to Bruno for ages on that counter. That said, in those types of games he only needs to make a few tweaks to be a really dangerous player i.e. get his bloody head up. At the age he is the hope is that he'll improve those little things that make a big difference.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
If Bruno can teach him how to play football ( as no one else at the club can) he could be useful. Until then he's just the same headless chicken every game.
Eh? Did we watch the same game? Vital for us today. Carried a threat every time he went forward. One bad decision but if you're eating him a headless chicken after that performance, I don't know what to say.

kundalini

Worked hard, a real threat on the counter but made poor choices in the final third. Shot straight at the keeper early on from Fernandes pass. Unfortunate that his cross towards Martial was slightly too high. Chose to shoot from an angle rather than try to find Fernandes. Wasted a few chances to beat Otamendi.

SaintMuppet

Plays like his arse is on fire. If he can learn to calm down and relax a bit will be so much the better player. Coaches need to ban him from running full tilt and concentrate on letting the ball do some work!!!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I love him. We can certainly improve on him as a starting right-sided player either as a split forward or as a winger, but he runs himself to the ground, carries the ball well, defends astutely and can play a bit.

Decision-making and IQ clearly not up to standard yet, but remind me where he was playing 12 months ago? He'll get better.

Andersons Dietician

Last few games there have been signs he’s kicking back in to life. Today I felt suited him but it’s the first time in a while actually seen him take it to teams and go at them and commit people. Had plenty of space to operate in and yes maybe the quality and decision making isn’t there and the one where he took a shot for me was criminal.

Martials one I can understand he’s come inside it’s on his right and the goal opens up, he just fecks it, but James shooting from there at a near Impossible angle when Bruno is wide open on the centre... that’ll be 20 lashings whilst he rewatches it over and over again.

Foxbatt

This is his first season in the PL. He ran his heart out and yes his decision making was poor sometimes. Give the boy slack.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Good runner, just lacking in the experience of final ball and shooting. Hopefully that will come - but he’s still very raw

reddevil80

My M-O-M today. Absolutely knackered all the defenders, almost scored, could've had an assist if he had passed but he is a young man who has come into a harder, more physically demanding league, with a new squad of strangers and had to play a lot more than even he would have presumed he would play. He is learning in every game he plays, but the shite he is getting on here is unfounded.

Seems some fans just can't help but look for any reason to put a dark shadow around an enormously good victory when all around us were expecting us to fail. As I say, he was my M-O-M and I'm not the only one who thinks it, surely.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He was good but annoyingly couldn't make the right decisions in the final third, we would have scored a few more. But he's still you and something he can develop.

Zen86

Played well and caused them problems all game, but his lack of awareness and questionable decision making let’s him down. He missed some golden opportunities to square the ball and play in runners on the break.

RedIan

He did play well, alaways a threat on the break,, just need that bit of composure, look up before crossing etc. You could see Ole frustrated with his final ball at times... but he can improve that. His pace is frightening for defenders.

arthurka

Perfect match for him.. Acres of space. Was really good but needs to work on his final ball and needs to look up once in a while.

He was very good today in what he was there to do. He had the City back line on edge every time he got the ball, they were sitting off him in fear of getting outpaced. His end product will come with time but he wasn't in the team to play incisive passes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pretty sure Otamendi was cutting off the lane for the cutback to Fernandes, either way people need to relax with the abuse, he did well overall.
He should have passed before dribble in a first place.
But my question is how he did well overall? Didn't score, didn't create single chance. So running like crazy is well for Man Utd winger?

Kamprad

I like him. Not the most flashy player but very effective and fits perfectly in Oles tactic. He should’ve passed Bruno but Martial did the exact same thing in first half and no one is complaining about that.

thepolice123

Can tell Ole was clearly pissed when he didn't pass to Bruno. He even mentioned it in post match interviews so you can be sure he will have a word with James. Had so much time and he didn't even look up ffs. That said its still his first season so it is understandable. Was definitely the right decision to play him over Greenwood. His pace and workrate were absolutely cruical today. Ran his bollocks off for us.

Le Red

Today we could see how far he can go with good coaching. Once he learns to pick the forwards and cut back he'll be lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.