Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Tbf to him he came for relative peanuts from the championship and its not worked out. Clearly not Utd quality.

United58

He looks really, really low on confidence. In the first half of the game, there was a point where he allowed the ball to roll across him relatively slowly while unmarked to a Chelsea player. I don't think he's good enough to even be a squad player for us (yet), but he's not as bad as he's recently been

SirScholes

Football fans...goodness me. Give the guy a break. It’s his first full season in the top flight, he’s a squad player and a good one at that.
A good squad player helps the first team or can effect a game even 1 game out of 4, James doesn’t

Squad player who can’t control a ball? He doesn’t run at defenders. Barely can pass. What’s he good at to justify being a squad player? So tell us why he’s not useless? Without the usual he’s young and second season. Tell us his good qualities.
He’s a player making a massive step up, we saw some of his qualities earlier in the season. I’m not saying he’s going to be a superstar, and clearly he needs to improve.

He’s clearly better on the left and isint a striker which is what he was being asked to do today.

Corey

He’s not literally useless. This is only his second Full season as a pro. He’s played too much this season. He’s a squad player, he will come back stronger.

What makes you think he'll come back stronger?

Everything I've seen from James suggests that his first few games were a purple patch.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It honestly seems like the last few games I've watched him he cannot do anything right. Every time he gets the ball he's dispossessed, takes a bad touch or makes a shit pass/cross. Off the ball he's hopeless too, totally weak. He's worse than Lingard at the minute and I didn't think that was possible

RonaldoVII

Completely out of his depth. Only chance he survives the summer is if we've other areas to strengthen. Think Lingard offers more currently.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He’s a player making a massive step up, we saw some of his qualities earlier in the season. I’m not saying he’s going to be a superstar, and clearly he needs to improve.

He’s clearly better on the left and isint a striker which is what he was being asked to do today.
Agree with that

DannyDee

Maybe we get a surprise turn around next year, but I really don't see how he makes the grade here for a team we have the ambitions of being.

What makes you think he'll come back stronger?

Everything I've seen from James suggests that his first few games were a purple patch.
This season will have done him a world of good in the long term. We can only wait and see. I’d rather we don’t throw all our young players under the bus all the time.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Maybe we get a surprise turn around next year, but I really don't see how he makes the grade here for a team we have the ambitions of being.
I think step 1 is that he should never be a starter. His only asset right now is pace and that needs to be used against teams that are getting tired and sloppy.

Hopefully we can make some good additions this summer and that substitute role can be his. Otherwise he has no future here in his current state.

Andersons Dietician

I saw someone write in the match thread that he’d rather have Jesse on than James and that one sentence pretty much sums up how poor he was. Looked like a Make a wish kid today getting to play with his footballing idols.

E-mal

He’s not literally useless. This is only his second Full season as a pro. He’s played too much this season. He’s a squad player, he will come back stronger.
He's poor technically and tactically. Pretty sure we have better players in the academy. We should get rid for what we bought him as soon as we can.

Bwuk

Would see if Sheffield want him on loan.

He’s not ready for United

Devil81

I'm not even seeing anything in his game to suggest a loan would improve.

He's fecking awful, I'd just flog him and cuts our losses.

DannyDee

I think step 1 is that he should never be a starter. His only asset right now is pace and that needs to be used against teams that are getting tired and sloppy.

Hopefully we can make some good additions this summer and that substitute role can be his. Otherwise he has no future here in his current state.
I get we were playing for a counter and press-the-back line today, but I would have easily played Mata or Ighalo over him and adjusted tactically.

Devil81

I saw someone write in the match thread that he’d rather have Jesse on than James and that one sentence pretty much sums up how poor he was. Looked like a Make a wish kid today getting to play with his footballing idols.
I said the same the other day, whatever you think of Jesse Lingard he has twice the football ability of Daniel James, I have no idea why he's still starting.

Corey

This season will have done him a world of good in the long term. We can only wait and see. I’d rather we don’t throw all our young players under the bus all the time.

I hope so but I just don't see it. I understand that you need to show patience with young players, but equally they need to show enough glimmers of promise to merit that patience.

Pace is the only good attribute I see in James. But I don't think he even uses his pace that well as he's not the best dribbler nor does he make enough good runs in behind.

Pennywise

We should take a nominal fee for him in the summer and move him on. Terrible player

PoTMS

This is on Ole. Why the feck would you play him as a striker when you have Ighalo available?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
In games that are tight, the inches matter. Himself and Brandon Williams were both weak links in our team.

I would keep him as a squad player.

Bojan11

In games that are tight, the inches matter. Himself and Brandon Williams were both weak links in our team.

I would keep him as a squad player.
People keep saying squad player. But don’t exactly say why?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I get we were playing for a counter and press-the-back line today, but I would have easily played Mata or Ighalo over him and adjusted tactically.
Absolutely, Ighalo should have been starting that. He can at least hold up the ball. James is quick but he's not rapid. Chelsea's fresher defenders had no trouble handling him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
His MO is make a run in behind, hold the ball up and pass it back and then make another run. He does that so much.

UnitedChampionsAgain

This electric pace he's supposed to have, I haven't seen it. When has he ever left a defender for dead since coming here? Anyway, he was rubbish today again!

NoMidfielders

Crazy that we came into this season with right wing options of this guy, Mata and Andreas. Luckily Greenwood has made that spot his but who decided that was an acceptable set of options.

-Supreme-

He's worth keeping for another year to see how he develops particularly for our left side.

We need to bring him on for the right games and don't overplay him on our right - even Rashford would struggle playing in that role.

Robbie Boy

The scary part is that he lacks the absolute basics that are required of a PL player and I couldn't even see him starting for plenty of Championship teams. Sometimes you just have to be honest and admit when a player isn't good enough and James blatantly isn't good enough. I have no doubt some defending him in here don't even believe what they're saying.

Devil may care

Like with Lingard he doesn't pick himself, i don't think he's scored since last August so choosing him as 1 of the 2 strikers when we had 3 actual strikers on the bench was bizarre from Ole. Truth is he's looked out of his depth once teams got a handle on his speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.