Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Where was his pace?!

On that breakaway, apart from the horrendous decision making, the Villa defenders were closing on him so quickly. That's fine and all but I thought James was meant to be exceptionally fast?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Horrific cameo performance. Bad decision making at all times.
Yeah, I hate to pile on, but was just thinking this after he turned into the crowd of players and lost it near the end.

3-4 times in such a short cameo where his decisions give them ball back and invite pressure at such an important time in the game.

I don’t think he is even good enough to come on as a sub, and it could have been the undoing today.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He is bloody awful :lol: I feel sorry for him.

slored1

He is terrible. Diallo should replace him as the fourth choice winger and James needs to be sold.

el3mel

Ehh, I thought this was a very good cameo. Did the job asked from him in these 5 minutes pretty well imo. No complaints from me.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's a busy little brainless bee and that's it.

It's such a shame he doesn't have the talent to utilise that searing pace.

TheBreadTruck

Still think he has a lot to offer/a lot of progression protentional, but that was awful. Worst bit is on a break 3 on 3 you could tell Marcus was hesitant to play him the ball...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Like a kid who got a chance to play 5 minutes with older guys.
How he still gets minutes i don't understand. We all (more or less) dislike (in football terms) Lingard. But with Lingard you don't have a feeling that he is out of depth. You see that he is not good enough for Man Utd but not out of depth. James on the other hand....holly feck.

Anybody's Guess

If Ole gets some form of twisted pleasure from playing him up front running around like a headless chicken then that's one thing, bit how on earth is he defending a corner on the front post in the dying minutes of the match? A competition winner who seemingly gets to play for a professional football team on a regular basis. Why is Ole willingly persisting with him?

el3mel

Que? Almost every touch was a dispossession :wenger:
He had about two chances on the goal in the last 5 minutes and kept us stretched enough and gave Villa something to worry about if they leave open spaces. There was nothing more to ask him to do in the last 5 minutes. He did the job asked for him, in my own opinion.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Luckily he was only on for 5 minutes because in that 5 minutes he was diabolical.

Pace Abuser

The way he stands over the ball facing the defender trying to get a shot off is hilarious. There's no technique.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really want to him to be good for us. He could be such an important player for us, even if it's just to come off the bench but he's sadly not good enough. He tries his best and you can see the drive to succeed here but he just lacks the talent needed at this level.

-Supreme-

He needs to become a team player instead of cutting in and shoot, he has potential to develop into a useful player but he's way too selfish and predictable.

MattofManchester

Downright awful. Runs with his head down and could have played two passes that would put us in goalscoring positions.

He's frankly not good enough and is letting down the entire team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's out of his depth at this level, if we're being brutally honest. I think he could end up a decent player one day, just not for us, his decision making is by far his biggest weakness.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sunday league speed merchant that has somehow struck make a wish playing for United. Deer in headlights look on his face anytime he’s on the field. Comical technique for a premier league player. Do you see the way he stands awkwardly every time he has to dribble or fake a shot?

Icemav

Sunday league speed merchant that has somehow struck make a wish playing for United. Deer in headlights look on his face anytime he’s on the field. Comical technique for a premier league player. Do you see the way he stands awkwardly every time he has to dribble or fake a shot?
I wish you were exaggerating, sadly you are not. The technical gap between James and his teammates is huge. The same may also be true of premier league players in general. Ole might see him as Park Ji Sung type of player.... sadly he is just not very good.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why does he try to cut inside in counters. He was in full run, he can easily outsprint defenders but he goes in the middle?
That was disaster decision

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been a long time since I’ve seen a player so far off the level required.

I’ll say again, I cannot believe we turned down the opportunity to cash in during the summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Never dreamt that I'm gonna say this. But I'd play Lingard over James.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I get the theory behind bringing him on, but the actuality was pretty bad.

I don't really know how or why Mata has fallen behind him in the pecking order.

Mindhunter

Lay off the criticism. He was brought on to run behind a high defense as Villa were trying to equalize and he did his job well. Obviously his decision making and ball control isn't anywhere near the level of the PL.

He did cause some concerns and we did have two wonderful opportunities to make it 3-1 which we missed. No one is expecting him to be a regular starter for the club so most of this criticism is invalid. Once we have better options, I am pretty sure that he will swiftly go down the pecking order.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Lingard is a midtable player. James is honestly probably League One or Two level. The difference in quality between them is enormous & Lingard himself is not good enough.
I don't think even Lingard would be guaranteed a starter at mid-table teams like Leeds, Wolves, or Arsenal.

I thought we got Overmars Mk II. But so far, it's more like Obertan Mk II

DeGea

Unfortunately I do not think he has the qualities at this level to play regularly for United. The qualities required are excellent technical ability and footballing intelligence (which is position-specific). He has some of each but definitely not above the threshold required. The decision that needs to be made is whether he is happy to just be a sub or if he needs to play regular first team football, then he needs to go.

thepolice123

I don't think even Lingard would be guaranteed a starter at mid-table teams like Leeds, Wolves, or Arsenal.

I thought we got Overmars Mk II. But so far, it's more like Obertan Mk II
TBH I'd rather use Obertan instead of James.

Status
Not open for further replies.