Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Back to his best! Looks so much fitter, his speed is back to what we expected. He isn’t the most skilful but really does make up with hard work. Pleased for him.

NinjaFletch

I'm so happy for him that he's found some form. I didn't think he had it in him, to the point where it felt a bit like kicking a puppy to criticise him at times, but he's am easy pick at the minute.

Nick7

Good performance. My only criticism, and it's more of a general one. When he's at top speed it's very hard for defenders to get the ball off him, but once he slows down he's very casual with the ball and it's incredibly easy for a defender to get the ball off him.

BlahRules

Finally running into space and releasing the ball. If he can do that consistently he will be a good player for us.

Happy for him. Especially when coming from the right, as we really need someone on the right hand side to come in and play well.

good player to have in the squad.

slored1

Dan James redemption is a great sight to see in the last month or so. Fantastic on and off the ball, never stops running.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
When he has space his speed is lethal. We really should have put four passed City today if we had taken our counter attacks.

Its when teams sit back that we struggle.

thepolice123

He looks so much stronger and sharper on the ball these days. Hope this continues. His attitude is top-notch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Glad to see him back in form. He balances us on the right more than anyone else, you need the more creatively focused type to balance out Rashford on the left. He's been great lately.

Rajma

I’m nor sure what some of you have watched to be honest...I thought he was terrible as per usual and offered little threat, worked hard though but that should be a given for any player at Manchester United.

OmarUnited4ever

I think on retrospect he did well overall, his runs where not picked few times, his attempt to do a one-two wasn't returned, but he pressed relentlessly and helped with carrying the ball high up the pitch

SirScholes

Not a fan of his but he had a good game today, didn’t look as frantic on the ball today

kiristao

I’m nor sure what some of you have watched to be honest...I thought he was terrible as per usual and offered little threat, worked hard though but that should be a given for any player at Manchester United.
His role today was to help out defensively and run with the ball at pace to help the counter attacks. He did both. Hence the praise.

spiriticon

My MOTM today. Great in defence and always took the ball deep into their half when he got it. He's been on fire lately.

el3mel

He ran his socks off defensively but honestly don't think he did that much up front ? Pretty sure the majority of our attacks were coming from the left side. He even started to get the ball more when he was switched to the left after Rashford was subbed off. We barely attacked from the right today.

kundalini

Wasn't involved much but did well on the few occasions he got the ball. Worked hard out of possession as usual.

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

I think on retrospect he did well overall, his runs where not picked few times, his attempt to do a one-two wasn't returned, but he pressed relentlessly and helped with carrying the ball high up the pitch
Yeah, a very simple and effective game from him. More times than not, he pressed, passed and ran with the ball well.

He doesn't have the individual quality yet but he played a selfless team game.

El Zoido

He puts a shift in, every game. Any player that works this hard is going to offer at least something to the team. He’s started contributing now, which is great, and I’ve been hugely critical of him. Really happy to see him perform like this.

UnitedAkhi

Last few games has been braver with the ball, looking to run with it and take a man on. Good to see.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Huh? Not sure what you watched to be honest. Aside from a very high work rate he kept city’s fullback on the back foot a lot. His pace and movement today were a key to the lot gelling together.

edcunited1878

3 PL starts against City, James has won them all. He's an important player against City due to his undeniable work rate, pressing for 90 minutes, and ability to carry the ball into space.

Ludens the Red

He’s basically like Park was for us in these games from a defensive/off the ball standpoint. Unlike Park he hasn’t quite got the knack of getting in the box and scoring decisive goals in them.
But he stretches the play well when we break, commits players and works very very hard going back. I think he’s come back from that atrocious spell really well. Would have been easy to feel sorry for himself and give up. I definitely trust him in these games. He’s played in all three league wins against city.

RedIan

Decent game again. Deserves his run in the team. You would not want him playing against you with that pace.

He’s basically like Park was for us in these games from a defensive/off the ball standpoint. Unlike Park he hasn’t quite got the knack of getting in the box and scoring decisive goals in them.
But he stretches the play well when we break, commits players and works very very hard going back. I think he’s come back from that atrocious spell really well. Would have been easy to feel sorry for himself and give up. I definitely trust him in these games. He’s played in all three league wins against city.
Park is a good comparison. Came to United at a similar age to what James is now.

need players like this.

he’s improving.

Heinzesight

I’ve not been his biggest fan but got to give him credit. He’s still weak as piss but he’s looking sharper each match, better decision making, gets his head up, etc. His body language is better, just growing in confidence. Nice little option to have and let’s hope the improvement continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.