Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost bear

That's true. It's a James thing to do.
James is apparently a likeable player. He’ s a bit like OGS himself in this way, and it concerns me that this sort of characteristic will lead to frequent appearances on he pitch. He’s had a couple decent games of late, and it’s to be feared that they will justify another 6 months of starts.

He’s such a poor player, and doesn’t belong in a regular first team if we’re remotely serious about success. With Amad, you can see a class and potential that Dan will never approach. We should flog him as soon as we can. ( note- flog in the sense of sell. Even I believe that corporal punishment is going too far!)

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

Reddevildans

This guy is just infuriating. He is bang average! Running and chasing after the ball like a dog just doesn't cut for me. I know its harsh but the sooner we get a right handed winger the better. I would have thrown diallo in already. James has had enough chances but his football IQ is appalling. Crossing the ball into the box when nobody is in there is an example of the poor decision making he possesses. Bad just bad.

el3mel

He did a lot of running, and put a lot of effort in fairness, but the quality was shockingly poor. All his crosses and passes were terrible.

lost7

That moment where he just killed a counter on its track by messing up a simple pass to Bruno made me lose it. The sooner Amad overtakes him in the rankings, the better...

Zoo

He was better in the second half but yes he’s no more then a squad player and we need a top class right winger there ASAP.

Marcelinho87

I think the stick he gets is harsh... Yeah he isn't the best but every single game he puts one or two excellent crosses in and nobody makes a move or even tries to get to them.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So fast he doesn't have time to spot his teammates. Needs focus badly and Ole should adjust that soon as possible.

Rajma

I really hope we sell him in the summer so that Ole doesn’t have him as an option seeing as he has a hard on for limited players.

Rossa

I think the stick he gets is harsh... Yeah he isn't the best but every single game he puts one or two excellent crosses in and nobody makes a move or even tries to get to them.
Exactly. He meased up big time for the counter, but let’s not forget it was he who started it by winning the ball in the first place.

His crossing isn’t bad, but we have no players inaide the box. I wonder if Cavani might benefit from one or two of his crosses today.

Hes so quick and works so hard, it's a shame he doesnt quite have the talent to make use of it. Our own Adama Traore.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I actually thought he did well. Yeah, the crap pass that broke down our counter attack sticks out, but he put in a great shift. Also put several great balls into the box but we had nobody in there.

Contributed a lot more than Rashford.

Brophs

The One and Only
Remember that scene in the Office where Michael says “I love inside jokes. I hope to be part of one someday.” Except it’s Dan James and he’s saying “I love choosing the right option. I hope to be part of doing that someday.”

Rajma

People accepting such performances as fine literally do not understand how much handicap we give teams from the defensive point of view by playing someone who is as average as this guy, Ffs Dirk Kuyt was much more threatening and he was an a definition of defensive winger.

youngrell

Some of the crosses he puts in don’t have much thought behind them, but it’s equally poor from the other forwards who, like you say, for some bizarre reason do not move for them.

Everyone knows he’s going to cross the ball so get in bloody position.

I think James himself has got better movement and desire in the box than any of our other forwards not named Cavani.

Raven

Shite in attack but it really wasn't the right game for him to start but given the injuries, we had to. I think he'll make a great squad player but shouldn't be starting as much as he has been lately in the long term.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This guy is just infuriating. He is bang average! Running and chasing after the ball like a dog just doesn't cut for me. I know its harsh but the sooner we get a right handed winger the better. I would have thrown diallo in already. James has had enough chances but his football IQ is appalling. Crossing the ball into the box when nobody is in there is an example of the poor decision making he possesses. Bad just bad.
I though the problem there was Rashford standing there with his back almost turned looking at the cross to be honest. That’s just as infuriating to me. Add to the fact he did nothing defensively either. James was better overall than Rashford not for the first time this season if that’s the bar we’ve set

Last edited:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Could've had two or three assists if we had a proper striker. I can't understand why Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno (or Martial when he plays) don't think to make a dart in the box when a cross is about to come in.

Castia

Messed up the 4 v 2 counter but his all round play is much better than earlier in the season he’s actually running at defenders and trying to beat them now.

Not a bad performance from James imo.

-Supreme-

Why does he cross the ball into a space when none of his team mates are anywhere near close enough to attack it?

This has happened quite often in the past and I do question his intend at times as it was pretty obvious particularly today

Adamsk7

He’s shocking. I don’t see how anyone can defend it. Can’t pass, can’t beat a man, has no imagination, is very lightweight. To me even his defending is suspect - he’s good when he’s running back to catch up with someone that’s gone past him but he’s incredibly easy to get past in the first place!

The fact we can accept this level of performance as Ok is entirely why we are nowhere near winning the league.

Abraxas

The right hand side was certainly a hindrance to our attacking tonight. AWB combining with James just does not look right, especially in a game like this.

At this point it's a fairly obvious point that they are limited technically, but I'm always surprised by how little the two of them attempt to try something. James will only run at somebody if he has 20 yards in front of him. I'd rather see him do that than cut back inside or spin round in a little circle every time.

Dinghy

Kind of depressing to see West Ham sub on two players that are miles better than Dan James in Benrahma and Lanzini. He didn't try to go past their RB once in 95 minutes.

Rajma

He’s shocking. I don’t see how anyone can defend it. Can’t pass, can’t beat a man, has no imagination, is very lightweight. To me even his defending is suspect - he’s good when he’s running back to catch up with someone that’s gone past him but he’s incredibly easy to get past in the first place!

The fact we can accept this level of performance as Ok is entirely why we are nowhere near winning the league.
I know mate, it’s crazy really but even worse that our own manager accepts it too. We’re in a big trouble here.

SirScholes

Messed up the 4 v 2 counter but his all round play is much better than earlier in the season he’s actually running at defenders and trying to beat them now.

Not a bad performance from James imo.
Cant argue with this, I’ve been far from impressed but you can see he’s actually thinking ahead now instead of looking like an excitable fan being given a run out.
Not bad today, hampered with AWB having an absolute dog shit game on the ball

drdoityourself

He had time to look up and see where our players stood. He still managed to cross it nowhere near a United player. Still there are mentions of how good his crosses were.

Just a poor player. He carries so little threat in a front three, just makes our team easier to defend against and very unbalanced.
But he runs around so that seems to be enough for most.

I fear for Solskjær's mentality when this performance is deemed acceptable to finish the game. Just putting in a shift seems to be enough for this club the last decade or so.

Ali Dia

Could've had two or three assists if we had a proper striker. I can't understand why Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno (or Martial when he plays) don't think to make a dart in the box when a cross is about to come in.
Beciase they only ever want it to feet in front of the defenders. None of these guys have that mentality to get in and tussle and gamble.

Kag

I actually thought he did well. Yeah, the crap pass that broke down our counter attack sticks out, but he put in a great shift. Also put several great balls into the box but we had nobody in there.

Contributed a lot more than Rashford.
Whipping a ball into the box when you can see there is nobody in the box is not a great ball. It’s a cop out, in truth.

When he runs with the ball he is fully well aware he has no idea what to do with it and it shows.

Jonno

He had time to look up and see where our players stood. He still managed to cross it nowhere near a United player. Still there are mentions of how good his crosses were.

Just a poor player. He carries so little threat in a front three, just makes our team easier to defend against and very unbalanced.
But he runs around so that seems to be enough for most.

I fear for Solskjær's mentality when this performance is deemed acceptable to finish the game. Just putting in a shift seems to be enough for this club the last decade or so.
Really enjoyed the negativity.

Clearly he’s not a first choice RW is he.... he’s playing because we’ve nobody else with PL experience to start games.

He was signed to be a squad player and an option for certain types of games. Relax and cheer up

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Had James not fecked up that counter when he played the pass behind Bruno this thread wouldn't even be half as busy.

Ali Dia

Whipping a ball into the box when you can see there is nobody in the box is not a great ball. It’s a cop out, in truth.

When he runs with the ball he is fully well aware he has no idea what to do with it and it shows.
Rashford copped out of challenging for that ball. He literally stood there looking at it because it wasn’t direct to his feet

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I really like Dan James but he's just not got the grapefruits has he? Has so much pace, virtually never runs at anyone. When he does and, low and behold, beats the man he chooses the wrong option 9 times out of 10. I'd love to believe he's growing but he's not. He'll have a purple patch every now and again but he'll never be it. If we put James on the market who'd be in for him? That says all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.