5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Sad watching him play for us. Of course it's not his fault he is at the club but honestly he shouldn't be anywhere near team aiming to win trophies, he's just your average lower mid table player with no standing out skill. Ruins every decent move by either making bad choices or simply not having enough talent.

Jaxa

Anyone who thinks he has done alright tonight need a harsh reality check,

Our standards have dropped so much we think someone making the odd decent run with a bit of defensive work is a good nights work, he offered nothing on that right hand side creatively, he also is infuriatingly greedy and that opportunity to put Rash in sums him up, bounces of players like a bouncy ball too,

He's playing for Manchester United vs AC Milan, not bloody Luton against Scunthorpe on a Thursday night, the guy is not touching any elite team, not even there bench, I really like DJ as a person, comes across like a lovely guy, but i am sick of watching dross at my club and then wondering why we aren't winning trophies,

"It's not good enough robbie ! when is it gonna end "

lex talionis

Woeful, but he worked hard, which can’t be said of Martial, who’s the vastly superior talent but can’t be bothered.

We need to start playing Diallo.

Devil may care

It was good to see him running at his fullback but he's got very little awareness when he gets to the box.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His directness was good in the first half. It felt to me was like he was trying to force the game at times which is fair enough as we were sloppy and slow.Nothing really came off. All effort as usual. I like him a lot but a club of our size shouldn’t be fully reliant on him and we should know that from last year but we never learn! He’s a good option in certain matches but he was marked out of it really. I don’t think any of our forwards or Bruno were that good tonight though.

Martialfc

Our standards have dropped so much we think someone making the odd decent run with a bit of defensive work is a good nights work, he offered nothing on that right hand side creatively, he also is infuriatingly greedy and that opportunity to put Rash in sums him up, bounces of players like a bouncy ball too,

He's playing for Manchester United vs AC Milan, not bloody Luton against Scunthorpe on a Thursday night, the guy is not touching any elite team, not even there bench, I really like DJ as a person, comes across like a lovely guy, but i am sick of watching dross at my club and then wondering why we aren't winning trophies,

Couldn’t agree more. The day we accept mediocre players is the day we become mediocre.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I develop unhealthy dislike when he's playing. It's approaching the Lingard's level of dislike.

United have won titles with worse squad players than James.

he’s exactly that, a squad player, one that seems to have good availability and isint injured. We were missing Cavani, Martial and Rashford came off injured.

nothing wrong with him being in the squad, and it doesn’t take mean “standards have fallen”
Or the club is “accepting mediocrity”.

SirMonteyne

he has not any confidence in his passing, especially in decisive moments.
I remember he was performing well, making good crosses when we joined. Few bad runs, and sitting on the bench made him lose his confidence.

Fletcher as a technical director needs to give some pep talk or bring someone who can boost players' confidence. The same thing has started to happen with Rash.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
He is a good fourth-choice am/fwd to have. Anyone thinking he would have played tonight if Martial, Pogba, Rashford and Cavani were all fully fit is kidding themselves. I want to see more of Diallo from now though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hernandez look pretty rapid tbf. He is a pace merchant on FIFA too.
Sorry guys not having that. James has 1 trick and that's speed, and apparently he can get caught up with a fairly quick fullback?!

I was pretty surprised to be honest, maybe he was just gassed.

Lost bear

He did well tonight. He’s done well since he came back in the team. Greenwood did nothing more than him but gets away with it. Martial and rashford regularly stink the place out with half as much effort and don’t get the abuse James gets. In a counter attacking game he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.
I really disagree. Greenwood is inconsistent, but the ability is clearly visible, and he can pass and link up with other players.

In my view, all James really has going is pace and the love of Ole. I would have brought Amad on, myself, for that spark of creativity that young Daniel is entirely lacking.
I feel mean criticising the kid but he really is not good enough for Manchester United, and Ole’s penchant for tussling his boyish hair - and worse, playing him a lot - is so exasperating.

thepolice123

Sorry guys not having that. James has 1 trick and that's speed, and apparently he can get caught up with a fairly quick fullback?!

I was pretty surprised to be honest, maybe he was just gassed.
Top speed and dribbling speed.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I really disagree. Greenwood is inconsistent, but the ability is clearly visible, and he can pass and link up with other players.

In my view, all James really has going is pace and the love of Ole. I would have brought Amad on, myself, for that spark of creativity that young Daniel is entirely lacking.
I feel mean criticising the kid but he really is not good enough for Manchester United, and Ole’s penchant for tussling his boyish hair - and worse, playing him a lot - is so exasperating.
Please spare us the homoeroticism in future please. Keep your fantasies in your head.

Crashoutcassius

Some poor moments but honestly I thought Bruno and greenwood did a poor job getting into the box. Greenwood lacks presence which is age and Bruno just looks wrecked. I think James has been very useful the last while, we are lucky to have him as depth as it could be a lot worse. Wish we could have got players in the box a bit better tonight. We need a striker so badly

lost7

That moment where he could have just put Greenwood straight through but decided to go alone drove me nuts. Still, he was pretty alright after that and even tracked back quite well a couple of times. Sadly this is his level, but I think as a squad option he's definitely worth keeping

Scholsey2004

That moment where he could have just put Greenwood straight through but decided to go alone drove me nuts. Still, he was pretty alright after that and even tracked back quite well a couple of times. Sadly this is his level, but I think as a squad option he's definitely worth keeping
Well, he has scored more goals than Mason from less minutes.

PitTon

There is something you can train and be trained, but somehow I don't think its the case with James. From his debut up to now I don't think he's gonna up his games just a bit in terms of decision making and composure. Moments like Rashford and Lindelof's (and many more before) just show that he's not up to this level.

sokol11

He‘s worse than Bebe
I agree. So lacking any quality. He was supposed to be fast and able to beat his man. He didnt do it once. Couldn't get past anyone. Really dont see the point in playing him. And not giving at least some minutes to Amad on RW. And VDB must think he is the worst player in the world if he cant get at least a few minutes in place of Fred who was again stinking the place up.

zenith

He is a good fourth-choice am/fwd to have. Anyone thinking he would have played tonight if Martial, Pogba, Rashford and Cavani were all fully fit is kidding themselves. I want to see more of Diallo from now though.
Exactly this

Also the reason why I still see Sancho as the number one priority in the summer. With an intelligent RW, we will be able to attack properly down both flanks and not having to overload on the left hand side

gajender

United have won titles with worse squad players than James.

he’s exactly that, a squad player, one that seems to have good availability and isint injured. We were missing Cavani, Martial and Rashford came off injured.

nothing wrong with him being in the squad, and it doesn’t take mean “standards have fallen”
Or the club is “accepting mediocrity”.
Can you give the examples when, our current starters would most probably be squad members in our title winning teams nothing more than that.
So definitely standards aren't what they used to be but we are still in the midst of rebuilding so let's wait how many of them would actually be regulars when we eventually win the title.
Ps I was specifically talking about the attackers.

Odin

Tomori and Hernandez are both quick and strong. James is rapid but has struggled with his dribbling and decision making at our level. Yesterday, he should have been granted a couple more free kicks when tackled at speed. The problem is he falls easily also when he is not running fast. Maybe that is why referees decide to disregard all the tackles he's getting. I see improvement when he cuts in with the ball at his feet, and he is putting some crosses in where the other attackers should be. In that regard I think he contributed okayish yesterday. He maintains the press and creates space for others with his movement, which I think has improved somewhat.

Then the frustrating part, where it all could have gone from fair to fantastic. Dan James has huge potential for improvement regarding decisive passes to better placed team mates. If he could lift his head and play that medium range diagonal pass in behind the backing opponent defender just once... It seems weighted passes is not his strongest attribute. Hope it is being worked heavily on, both mentally and technically. He could be a real threat with that in his locker.

red4ever 79

Fast and works hard. Not enough skills to warrant being at Man Utd. Final decision making is horrendous. People thought he had a rough ride from the defenders last night, I am not buying that.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Since day one, it was obvious he has his limitations. He carries the ball decently, but doesn't lift his head and spot the passes around him. When we're playing on the counter, we need to be efficient and decisive, and he just isn't that. He will have better games, but i thought he was awful last night.

klayton88

Type of player to bring on in the 70th minute to run around and press and potentially be a threat on the counter. No way should he be starting for Manchester United. He's got next to no composure on the ball. He's a speed merchant with no end product, the Welsh Aaron Lennon. Yes he'll occasionally score a goal or get an assist but the amount of chances he just doesn't see when a teammate is clean through far outweigh his output. Watching him trying to link up with AWB last night was painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.