Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If we sign Sancho we have to sell or loan him out, right? Specially if Pogba stays, but probably regardless?!

We will have Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood who will want games in the same position(s). Furthermore, we will probably try to give games to Amad and maybe even Shoretire and Mejbri. Pogba will likely also be an option higher up the pitch. Even if we use some of them through the middle (striker and option for Bruno) their will not be much minutes for James.
He must be delighted to have ever represented a club like Utd and that will always stay with him but it’s time to move on.
I have no doubts he’ll have a career in the PL somewhere

C'est Moi Cantona

Give him a loan season with Bielsa at Leeds (assuming they still want him), if he's rubbish then we know where we are with him, if he does well sell him for a higher fee than he's worth now, if he's fantastic give him another chance.

krentz

No hate to wee James but i think we should be looking to offload him while we can still fetch good money. 25-30M is reasonable fee for a mid table PL club starter which is his level.

He needs to learn and evolve, especially he is already 23. He has to learn how to keep his game simple. He's too much of a 80s/90s style of winger who runs really quickly and presses the ball hard, but does not know what to do with the ball. My national league consists of wingers like him and I always say, "slow down. Look when your teammates are!" He's very redundant in big teams in modern football since there is a need to run behind the lines or make a decisive one-touch pass past a defensive block, but he will suit well under Sam Allarydce.
He can be great if he can improve his finishing. watched his game against France where he left Varane dead on his feet and got 1v1 with the keeper only to squander it. The fact that happened multiple times made him frustating to watch.

Drz

Am I the only one who feels Daniel James plays better for Wales than he does for us?
Currently Vs the Swiss, his first touch and drives with the ball are really good.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He looks miles better for wales than he does for us. Makes me think it might be a mental thing, cause there’s times he looks pub level for us.

He looks miles better for wales than he does for us. Makes me think it might be a mental thing, cause there’s times he looks pub level for us.
its the fact he plays in a team that use him as the outlet in a team that doesn’t have the ball. Totally opposite to the way United play. Nothing to do with his ‘mentality’.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Don’t know why people are surprised. He has played well for us as well when he gets space, for example against City.
Same with Lingard, no one parks the bus against Wales or West Ham.
But overall James is a decent young squad player for us who would be a starter for at least 8-10 other Premier League clubs.

Member 101269

The money paid and wages aren’t a lot I’m indifferent to him staying, for now.

Nick7

Remember when we were linked with him for £50m, good job that didn't materialise.
We weren’t. We were linked to him as a cheap option but Bournemouth didn’t want to sell so they put that price on him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Horrible decision to sub him off especially at 1-1. Considering Swiss were going to go more attacking after the equalizer, James would have been the perfect asset to exploit the spaces left behind.

Easily their best player today even when Swiss had gone to a more defensive approach at 0-1

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I thought he played pretty well but neither do I think it was a particularly insightful or telling performance for United fans.

When he’s on the left and used as the main outlet it plays to all his strengths. It gives him space to run into and he has a lot of relative freedom to either cut inside or attack down the flank. When he’s at United he’ll never be the main outlet, nor will he have the same freedom with the ball as he’s surrounded by superior players. I like him a lot and think he’d be a useful asset for a fair few top flight teams, I just don’t think at this moment in time he’s well rounded enough to be a regular for United.

rooney2009

Wales best player today apart from the keeper
Can’t believe they took him off at 75mins when Bale and Ramsey were pretty anonymous
I really don’t understand managers

AgentSmith

James has been very good today and is having a great Euros on the whole so far. I’ve been far too harsh on him over the last 12 months but he’ll make an excellent winger for another Premier League team further down the league. The pressure and nature of performing for United just doesn’t suit his skillset.

I think it would be the right time for him to make a move with Amad taking over his minutes. The money we could then reinvest elsewhere in the squad and the opportunity for him to get consistent playing time would be a mutually beneficial arrangement for both parties.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It’s funny the way you so often hear excuses for other United players about being played out of position yet you almost never hear the same about James. He looks absolutely miles more comfortable on the left wing.
Which seems a bit weird. He's right footed, isn't he? Barely cuts inside and often crosses with his outside foot, you'd expect him to be at home on the right

Dan_F

It’s funny the way you so often hear excuses for other United players about being played out of position yet you almost never hear the same about James. He looks absolutely miles more comfortable on the left wing.
Which is weird because you’d think he’d be more than comfortable running in behind and whipping crosses in from the right.

Edit. Sorry @hellhunter that wasn’t on purpose :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It’s weird, you’d expect him to be more comfortable on the right to run and whip in a cross…

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
James crossing in is always better when he cuts in on to his right, and curls the ball towards goal.

El Jefe

I suspect we'll be saying the same thing about Sancho next season.

It was pretty clear that he was a LW, we signed him off the back of his performances there Swansea and Wales.

United in sin

I’ve always stood up for him

Give me work rate and guts over a brand any day. He might not be as classy as some players but he’s all heart and that’s something this team needs more of
All heart minus real quality doesn't win you anything I'm afraid. I feel our squad has a lot of heart overall. We need more quality

Status
Not open for further replies.