5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BR7

James is a very young footballer who is supposed to be a squad player. He's been overplayed because the squad is paper thin. He has played some good stuff for Wales over the last 18 months - I have watched every minute.

He is not the finished article by a long way but he might have a chance as an impact player - something we might benefit from.

To compare him to watching bombs etc is ridiculous.
My comment was taken out of context. It was directed to NY who said I was having a meltdown.

GioF

Well he's 23 not 28 and in his prime is he? :nono:
The quote was; He’s a very young footballer. That’s what you’d say for a teenager not a lad turning 24 this year. He relies on his pace which is his best asset. By 28 is he suddenly going to learn how to beat a man, how to cross and not hit the first man? He’s shite mate and needs to be sold.

United in sin

What do you love about him? His heading ability? His ability to beat a man? His first touch? His goal scoring record or assists record? You are stifling serious young talent by giving this premier league relegation fodder of a player any minutes on the pitch. I won’t be supporting him taking playing time away from real footballers like amad and pellistri
I don't think James is united quality either. I don't think Solskjaer trusts him though and this is evident in the reduction of Jame's game time in his second season here.

He seemed undroppable in his first season, even when he went through long periods without producing anything of note. No one can say he hasn't been given a proper chance.

He turns 24 in November as well, he's not a kid anymore and as you say we have real exciting emerging talent in our ranks who I feel could potentially do more with the same chances James has been given thus far

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The quote was; He’s a very young footballer. That’s what you’d say for a teenager not a lad turning 24 this year. He relies on his pace which is his best asset. By 28 is he suddenly going to learn how to beat a man, how to cross and not hit the first man? He’s shite mate and needs to be sold.
That's your opinion. You can't force it on people who have watched him more than you have. You were wrong about his age. Watch his crosses for Wales as well.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ffs 23 is young, and he is a good footballer

BR7

That's your opinion. You can't force it on people who have watched him more than you have. You were wrong about his age. Watch his crosses for Wales as well.
yet you’re forcing nys opinion on myself

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It’s no surprise to see Dan James get so much stick, it’s the way of the modern fan, we have a few quality players, rashford, Maguire, even Fernandes and lots more and they all get shit on from a great height from so called fans of the club.
it was only a season or so ago Shaw was being called a waste of space and now he’s proving to be the best left back in the league.

fans should Chill out and enjoy the ride and progress of players in my humble opinion.

James is no neymar or even Nani, but he has got bits to his game that can be improved on and who knows where that would lead, maybe a loan with regular game time would do him good and bring him on even more.

I’m not sure where vardy was when he was 23 but I know he wasn’t lighting fires at one of the top teams in the league.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It’s no surprise to see Dan James get so much stick, it’s the way of the modern fan, we have a few quality players, rashford, Maguire, even Fernandez and lots more and they all get shit on from a great height from so called fans of the club.
it was only a season or so ago Shaw was being called a waste of space and now he’s proving to be the best left back in the league.

fans should Chill out and enjoy the ride and progress of players in my humble opinion.

James is no neymar or even Nani, but he has got bits to his game that can be improved on and who knows where that would lead, maybe a loan with regular game time would do him good and bring him on even more.

I’m not sure where vardy was when he was 23 but I know he wasn’t lighting fires at one of the top teams in the league.
Chances are Martial will depart quicker and James will establish himself as a straightforward bench player who will be unleashed on tired opponents.

He will need to improve though, Amad or even Elanga will be there to get his place which eventually will happen.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You asked for it, don’t act the victim
I'm very tempted to report a post for the first time, but I'd like to think maybe you're just not a happy drunk so I won't.

What a joke, Welsh people going on about him being a decent footballer. He has no first touch snd you can’t teach that at his level and age. Either you support United or you support wales. You can’t have it both ways. DJ, you ain’t good enough for United and if you were half as good as Clayton blackmore alone..... but you ain’t. Good luck though ..... stop putting your country ahead of Utd. No one with half a footballing brain would say he’s good enough for United even on the bench and should get game time ahead of amad snd pellistri. Our club is suffering snd no more giving fluffy people their day. We need trophies not deluded Welsh fans who are seeking their next top footballer. DJ ain’t it. Hughes, Giggs and Blackmore are way ahead of him. If the Welsh brigade keep on insisting, then etc thus get one my Iranian boys in this team but wait ... they ain’t good enough for United (fact) snd nether is Dan James. This is BS. Time to leave DJ snd take your Welsh patriots who love you ahead of United with you.
did someone just catch Dan James with his girlfriend? Only to find, they are now on their way to The Mumbles to make sweet love for the next month?

This is a noteworthy meltdown!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Chances are Martial will depart quicker and James will establish himself as a straightforward bench player who will be unleashed on tired opponents.

He will need to improve though, Amad or even Elanga will be there to get his place which eventually will happen.
Yes, agree with all that

United in sin

James is a very young footballer who is supposed to be a squad player. He's been overplayed because the squad is paper thin. He has played some good stuff for Wales over the last 18 months - I have watched every minute.

He is not the finished article by a long way but he might have a chance as an impact player - something we might benefit from.

To compare him to watching bombs etc is ridiculous.
He's 23 going on 24. Is he the new Lingard (I'm referring to the played out running joke about Lingard's youth)? Off the top of my head we signed Pogba, Park, Kagawa, Rio, Lindelof, Bailly and even Van de Beek at ages 22 to 23 and no one ever considered them kids the same way James is considered here.

He may not be the 'finished article' but he's not a raw academy product, we should be expecting more from him but the quality just isn't there. Best we cut our losses and fetch a decent fee for him while we can IMO.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Really? I think that every time I read your posts

first time ever, and I genuinely mean that, using the ignore function on this site. I suggest you do the same. I didn’t even know you existed until the “go play in traffic small mind” comment which was totally uncalled for too btw. All for heated debate but where is the actual debate here? this is just you straight up making a statement attacking people, from what I can gather who weren’t even talking to you, for posting in a thread about a footballer you don’t like and that’s it?

Are u Welsh? Play the victim?

An unprovoked one sided meltdown if I’ve ever seen one.

:lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ha good response
Hey man, sorry to hear about that part with Saddam, devastating actually to hear it still happening in some parts of the world.

In terms of football, all I can say is: Sancho, Pellistri & Amad - all in the club, which definitely tells me United are not satisfied in winger department and willing to fix things.

As for Wales, they had a great tournament and it's quite priceless experience for James. Hopefully it will help him reach at least steady level. Cheers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Dan James was bought for less than 15m from a championship club so why do our fans expect him to be brilliant?

He's a good back up. Start treating him that way instead of saying he's crap because he's not like Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.