Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Charming. Coached properly he is a decent PL winger, probably not United level sadly but he will have a good career, he needs better coaching and to play for a team with a more straight forward attacking style. Calling our own players dog shit is everything that is toxic about this forum.
He’s not a good footballer. I’m sorry me using the words dog shit hurt your feelings but unfortunately it’s true. My own player? I don’t care about any individual player, I care about the club. Dan James is paid very handsomely to do a job he or severely unqualified for. We need to move him on while we can still get a decent fee. The more he plays in a Utd shirt, the less money we’ll get for him. He’s a terrible player & needs shifting ASAP.

dev1l

He’s not a good footballer. I’m sorry me using the words dog shit hurt your feelings but unfortunately it’s true. My own player? I don’t care about any individual player, I care about the club. Dan James is paid very handsomely to do a job he or severely unqualified for. We need to move him on while we can still get a decent fee. The more he plays in a Utd shirt, the less money we’ll get for him. He’s a terrible player & needs shifting ASAP.
Bielsa and Potter (brighton) think otherwise.

And if you re think you re helping the club by calling its players dog shite, you can't be more wrong.
Young players need support, especially in their first season at the club. If he was ready made for us, he would have cost 50m+. You need patience when developing youngsters.
Unfortunately a section of our fans start abusing youngsters as soon as they go through a bad period - which 99% of all player do. Many players went through that - some didn't make it but others did, through the support of manager and the decent fans.

Hopefully any decisions taken will ignore toxic opinions like yours.

Gandalf

Did not hurt my feelings a little bit and it is cute that you think you could. Calling players dog shit is just a reflection of your immaturity and possibly insecurity also. I would be happy with a permanent deal but as most of the links seems to suggest a loan is more doable then I think we should take it. Playing at Leeds or Brighton with his old manager could very well increase his value long term as I expect he would do very well. Worth pointing out that for all of your criticism he outperformed plenty of his teammates last year, had more goals and assists than highly rated players like Wilf Zaha for one and as I mentioned before, playing for Wales he looks great. I think the problem is more of a team fit and maybe poor coaching.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Did not hurt my feelings a little bit and it is cute that you think you could. Calling players dog shit is just a reflection of your immaturity and possibly insecurity also. I would be happy with a permanent deal but as most of the links seems to suggest a loan is more doable then I think we should take it. Playing at Leeds or Brighton with his old manager could very well increase his value long term as I expect he would do very well. Worth pointing out that for all of your criticism he outperformed plenty of his teammates last year, had more goals and assists than highly rated players like Wilf Zaha for one and as I mentioned before, playing for Wales he looks great. I think the problem is more of a team fit and maybe poor coaching.
If calling Dan James shit is a sign of insecurity than 3/4 of the fan base would be on suicide watch, because I was light on him compared to many fans.

Im very secure in myself, I have 2 eyes & can see that Dan James is not up to it. I don’t care about his stats, the eye test doesn’t fail. He’s not a PL level footballer, and nowhere near United level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he even that fast? people talked like he was the quickest in the league but he just looks... above average. I can't remember him skipping away from defenders and leaving them for dust apart from maybe Angelino at City.

peridigm

Ole wants to sell, board are not sure
Ole probably told his mate Giggsy thanks for nothing. James should be playing in the championship. If the board don't want to sell him then he should be loaned out at the very least.

jesperjaap

Board need shooting if dont allow him to sell. Seriously i have supported the club 40yrs and watching him the other night.....I struggle to fill one hand with attacking players been at the club with less ability than him

Eli Zee

Ole probably told his mate Giggsy thanks for nothing. James should be playing in the championship. If the board don't want to sell him then he should be loaned out at the very least.
We can't loan a player if we have no backups in that position... we literally have no backup LW or RW for rashford / Greenwood.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we're going to sell and use the money for Sancho at full price then I don't mind but if we're selling and not buying then what's the point?

Adam-Utd

Another player that'll be not good enough but stuck here for about 8 years before we get rid of him.

spiriticon

If we can sell him for an actual profit it would be mad not to do it. He'll not be a megastar in the next few years.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Not impressed with the treatment of this kid, from the club and supporters...

Honest, likeable lad but clearly not Champions League level. Someone has leaked that Ole and his team do not believe he has the ability or potential to be a top player, that was not necessary.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Honest, likeable lad but clearly not Champions League level. Someone has leaked that Ole and his team do not believe he has the ability or potential to be a top player, that was not necessary.
People are projecting their frustrations with the club onto him, every time we're not doing well we have a scapegoat, our current ones are James, Wan-Bissaka and Lindelof.

Adam-Utd

Are we a development school or something? The guy had the chance of a lifetime to play for United, he's done his best but he clearly isn't up to the level required. He's a mid table player and will do well at Leeds or Brighton.

KiD MoYeS

People are projecting their frustrations with the club onto him, every time we're not doing well we have a scapegoat, our current ones are James, Wan-Bissaka and Lindelof.
Agreed, they are. All frustration needs to be directed to the Glazer mafia but sure let's have another conversation about Ole's tactics. :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Are we a development school or something? The guy had the chance of a lifetime to play for United, he's done his best but he clearly isn't up to the level required. He's a mid table player and will do well at Leeds or Brighton.
Not doubting that, but is it really necessary to jump on this kid's back or leak stuff to the press? Not the kid's fault at all.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Agreed, they are. All frustration needs to be directed to the Glazer mafia but sure let's have another conversation about Ole's tactics. :lol:
I've probably been guilty of it too in the heat of the moment but like you said, all our anger should be sent in one direction and it certainly ain't the players or manager.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole wants to sell him to Leeds for 25m and use the money for Sancho but the "management" is not lettiing him.

Quite damning for James and the "management"
Refuse to believe this one. No big club let's a mediocre footballer like James be a deciding factor in such important signings.

Adam-Utd

Not doubting that, but is it really necessary to jump on this kid's back or leak stuff to the press? Not the kid's fault at all.
We don't even know if it's true or just the press trying to make a story out of nothing. James has been linked away to Brighton and Leeds already so it's not something out of the blue.

Adamsk7

we don't have the time for sentiment, unfortunately. I agree he's a likeable guy but as you said yourself, he's not Champions League level. He's probably barely Premier League level. The person that could have leaked it may have been from his side - I know the board are shocking but we can't always blame them for everything with no foundation.

Ole has obviously made his mind up on him (hardly played after lockdown, left out of one match day squad this term and hauled off early in the League Cup) and to me, that's a good thing because it shows he knows what level we should be looking at, even for a squad player. Forget that he was the one to buy him because it was a cheap experiment. It will pay off too because I think we will get more money than what we paid - he is a regular for Wales now after all and played 25+ games for us.

Revaulx

Well we most certainly should be.

When was the last time a player we signed (i.e. not from the youth system) actually got better after they joined United? Most of them get worse, and not just under Ole.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we now decide to sell him, will all those saying he’s a good player be upset then? You know, given that we would be selling a good player and all that. Or once the club agree that he isn’t up to it, do we stop pretending now?

devilo

Is he really not good enough or just not being coached well? My money's on the latter.

There are too many players in our squad that appear to lack direction and understanding in their play and the team as a whole show no particular patterns of play. Seems like a problem with the coaching (or lack of) rather than the players not being of the required standard.

hungrywing

The Ogden tweet reads like Woodward (who knows jack about football) taking petty potshots at people he's hired to perform professional work.

Pretty much in line with his known character.

One wonders who 'leaked' this to Ogden.

Is he really not good enough or just not being coached well? My money's on the latter.

There are too many players in our squad that appear to lack direction and understanding in their play and the team as a whole show no particular patterns of play. Seems like a problem with the coaching (or lack of) rather than the players not being of the required standard.
here we go. Lack of coaching.

the recent Caf trend to blame everything on coaching, and if all our players were coached, suddenly they would all be better.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
All this rubbish people are chatting about him reminds of what they said about a young Fletcher. God the lad was awful at times. Fletcher had a great team around him though and a real determination to improve to the best level he could. If James has that then he still has a chance, I hope he can find it in himself.

No point continually throwing toys out of prams and giving him shit just because the board can't get Sancho sorted out though, that's not his fault.

devilo

here we go. Lack of coaching.

the recent Caf trend to blame everything on coaching, and if all our players were coached, suddenly they would all be better.
Not at all. There's some absolute dross in our squad, however i firmly believe that some of them would improve significantly if coached effectively.

A few examples....
AWB - Arguably one of the best one on one defenders in the league, but still having difficulty with positioning and knowing where his back post is.
Midfield two excluding Matic - Seemingly incapable of making a forward pass between them.
Dan James - Runs around like a headless chicken without the ball, not knowing who to press and when. Always seems to pick the wrong option when he has the ball. The lad needs some direction.

Also, at what point does Ole get off his backside, peel himself away from his TV screen and give some meaningful instruction from the touchline?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He needs to be taken out of the team either way but we literally have nobody else as cover. So we Sign a young player from the championship and sell him the very next season because he didn’t instantly develop into a first team quality player? WTF? Shambles!

he’s poor though. More genius scouting from the guys behind the scenes. He wouldn’t get as many games at any other top 10 club let alone top 4 but I like him. He seems genuinely chuffed to be here but we have put way too much responsibility on the shoulders of the wrong player. It’s not DJs fault. All on management and scouting

red4ever 79

Honest, likeable lad but clearly not Championship League level. Someone has leaked that Ole and his team do not believe he has the ability or potential to be a top player, that was not necessary.
Fixed it for you

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Will get a lot of abuse from fans if we fail to land Sancho. It's quite poor that we leaked this. It's not his fault that we bought him. Giggs should never be consulted again for anything football related

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The Ogden tweet reads like Woodward (who knows jack about football) taking petty potshots at people he's hired to perform professional work.

Pretty much in line with his known character.

One wonders who 'leaked' this to Ogden.
The ‘leak’ needs to be exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.