5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drainy

My biggest issue with him is that he and the team don't play to his own strengths.

He's good defensively, got a tidy touch, decent enough passing and crossing and strong pace. Why the hell when someone passes the ball into his feet is he not passing and moving, he's not got the nous to dribble so is easy to stop. Also why the hell does he take so many shots.

To me it indicates he doesn't have a picture in his mind or has a selfishness that is unhelpful to his own cause. He really needs to up his awareness and team play.

Devil81

My biggest issue with him is that he and the team don't play to his own strengths.

He's good defensively, got a tidy touch, decent enough passing and crossing and strong pace. Why the hell when someone passes the ball into his feet is he not passing and moving, he's not got the nous to dribble so is easy to stop. Also why the hell does he take so many shots.

To me it indicates he doesn't have a picture in his mind or has a selfishness that is unhelpful to his own cause. He really needs to up his awareness and team play.
Or he's basically crap.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Its bizzare Ole signed Pellistri and Diallo, and then didn't give James a loan move to build experience.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Its bizzare Ole signed Pellistri and Diallo, and then didn't give James a loan move to build experience.
I hope that he’s being kept as backup/competition for the LEFT wing. Not doing the lad any favours sticking him on the right

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I hope that he’s being kept as backup/competition for the LEFT wing. Not doing the lad any favours sticking him on the right
I think moving him back there and also being able to give Rashford a bit of a rest/competition, will see him get back to where he was before. He just doesn't look comfortable trying to go round someone on the outside.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I always think that if we have no 9 who can plays as an out and out striker then it will benefit for James. Let’s see if Cavani will make James’s game be more effective this time.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I really feel for James. He wasn't bought to be a first team starter but was thrown in at the deep end from day one and later it was found out he couldn't swim. He might not have been a success anyway if he was brought in gradually but all that pressure put on him from the start definitely didn't help him.

GlasgowCeltic

I don’t think he’s good enough for Leeds, he should look to drop back down to the Champinship, I can see him eventually returning as a solid Matt Etherington type, won’t ever be United quality (by Utd quality i mean title challenging quality)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
An extremely frustrating player.

He gets on the ball, turns and starts bulling towards players. Defenders are actually terrified of him at this point and back off so much but he has zero football brain and ends up running into a defender or failing with a pass. There was a handful of occasions tonight where Newcastle gave him all the space in the world but every time he did nothing with it.

If he even had an ounce of guile he could be so productive. A shame.

-Supreme-

He was a threat when running with the ball, but his decision making and end product have been poor.

He needs to learn to look up instead of going for a shot every time.

Zoo

Today was a big step in performance level from James so credit to him. He really needs a goal now.

kundalini

Looked a threat running towards their area but his shots were either tame or blocked. Ok overall.

Idxomer

Was much better performance than the ones he had at the cups where he seemed afraid of the ball.

Golden Nugget

Frustrating end product - but I really can’t dislike the guy - tries really hard and sprinting around to press and really gives it his all. Never gives up and always runs at the opposition. I just hope his end product and decision making can be improved on soon

Reddevildans

His shots are almost always blocked. Rarely does he give himself space into front for a clear sight. He gets in some great positions but always disappoints. That's his last chance to start a league game. It'll be a travesty if DVDB doesnt start more games than him now.

edgecutter

Always said he should be given a go on the left and he looked better. Need a hell of a lot more from him and his decision making still needs to improve.

Always said he should be given a go on the left and he looked better. Need a hell of a lot more from him and his decision making still needs to improve.
he’s clearly best on the left. His problem is that one of our strongest positions. He can’t play on the right, which is the same for most of our frontline.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Great display from him. Good for him to make the tactical switch near the end by sodding off to the bench and letting Rashford and Bruno do the damage from the left flank.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Find it quite funny people praising him today. I thought he was bang average yet again and we got better when he went off

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He was decent today. He's got no shooting technique though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My problem with him is that he doesnt think before he makes an action.

If he is crossing especially on the right then he is never looking to see if anyone is in the box in the first place. He doesnt aim where he should be crossing.

When he is cutting in he makes a shot when the defence are right in front of him and even when someone has made a run by him.

He is better on the left because it enhances his natural abilities but he doesnt think enough for me.

Idxomer

Find it quite funny people praising him today. I thought he was bang average yet again and we got better when he went off
Bange average is better than what he served up lately, he's still nowhere near good enough which I think most agree on.

SwedishFish

Get rid of him, he can't shoot, can't pass and can't dribble. Should've been subbed off for VDB earlier.

LJJT

I thought he played fairly well tonight. He’s limited but his defensive qualities outweigh his offensive ironically but doesn’t deserve any shit he’s a good squad man

Walters_19_MuFc

Definitely a lot better on the left. Still a bit erratic in his decision making, but I'd definitely say that was his liveliest game in a while. He ran with the ball and looked quite smooth in transition. Just needed to improve his final third stuff, but hopefully, that can give him much-needed confidence. I also hope Ole stops playing him on the right because he's clearly not suited to the right.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
huffs and puffs but zero quality.

He's a mid table player at best unfortunately. I like his effort but his shots are just a joke, he rarely makes the right pass and never gets to the byline and crosses?

No surprise as soon as he went off we scored 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.