5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Hope that was the last time he starts over Greenwood during an important fixtures.

Whether he plays on the right or left, it doesn't change a thing in regards to his output in attack. So often the counter breaks down after he receives the ball and either runs into the defender or puts in a poor pass/delivery that gets intercepted

Feels like all this has been known yet Ole's played him more than all our forwards bar Rashford this season. He's becoming the new Lingard

R77

I'm clinging to the hope he's only really started as it's the only chance he's going to get to play if everyone's fit. When Martial's back he'll surely not even make the bench. Who on there today for example would drop out to make space? It's a weird one, so I'm going with it being some squad management voodoo thing to give him some minutes and a last chance to see if he can produce before he's dropped like a stone or sold.

I hate to slate players, but he's very poor.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah, no hard feelings, but his ceiling is quite low and he has only regressed during his time here.

Mullet_Man

When was the last time he scored or assisted?

Must be amazing in training each day

Idxomer

Also, there goes the theory he would be better on his "natural" side after his last 3 games playing there.

Rolaholic

When was the last time he scored or assisted?

Must be amazing in training each day
He last scored during the Europa Rof16 1st leg tie against LASK in March and last assisted for us against Burnley last December

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pointless player, Lingard was much better than this.

Whatever leeds offered was a good offer to sell him.

Oldyella

Needs taking out of the squad and eventually being moved on. Just not good enough. Was a punt at the time which hasn't worked out, no need to drag it for him or us.

jesperjaap

To me he looks like a youth team player being called up too early and scared. Never takes defender on, actually he does sometimes and runs into them, make wrong decisions in terms of movement, runs, passes....basically he is out o his depth and not good enough currently and personally I just dont see a player in there full stop, one of the worst players I have seen in our colours I'm sorry to say. If we are starting James we may as well start Pellestri, Elanga or even Shoetire as these are players can develop with talent and they cant do any worse....truth is should be playing neither and the other truth is we still simply dont have a right winger, at least not until Janiary which is being hopeful. As things stand, we shouldnt be -playing this formation, unless we trust Mata week in week out which I dont

Castia

Even Lingard is better sadly. Nowhere near good enough here.

SAFMUTD

He would be better in a set up in a lower table team, against an organized defense he's useless.

Should not play any minute ahead of Greenwood.

UnitedFan93

When did he last score a goal?

It's got nothing to do with confidence, he's simply not good enough.

I don't blame the lad, I think he gives his all, but ultimately he isn't good enough for this level.

kidbob

I like the lad but he is really struggling and because he is struggling its affecting our performances. I don't care if Greenwood is misbehaving, James should never start a game like that over him again. Genuinely feel like its cost us the win today.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I like the lad but he is really struggling and because he is struggling its affecting our performances. I don't care if Greenwood is misbehaving, James should never start a game like that over him again. Genuinely feel like its cost us the win today.
I think so too. We should have started with Greenwood up front and Rashford on the wing.

Moving Bruno to the right was a mistake as well.

briansy

What does Ole know that we don't? Or is Ole out of his depth also? Team selection was absolutely baffling today.

Get In Scholesy

He must be utilized sparingly in matches where we can afford to rest certain key players. He is a squad player and should be utilized as such. There is little point in him starting, he doesn't offer much.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing with him is that he is being played because Ole seems to think the 4231 is his best formation when it clearly isnt.

If we played a 352 or a 442 diamond then he wouldnt be needed and 2 strikers would be playing.

-Supreme-

I’d doubt he will get much game time now with Cavani and Martial coming back.

We really need to get rid whilst his value is still high.

Eddy_JukeZ

Nowhere near good enough.

I wish him well, but his time here should be up.

Devil81

That run in the second half where he was drawn towards three defenders with no attempt at taking them on, shooting or looking for a pass. It's actually like he hasn't got a clue what to do.

Usually bad players get about ten games and they are moved on, this lads played more games then his ability deserves.

How can Ole justify leaving out any player off that bench over him has me scratching my head.

It's got that bad my dad does the Benny Hill tune whenever he gets the ball now, it's pure comedy.

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yeah, no hard feelings, but his ceiling is quite low and he has only regressed during his time here.
He hasn't regressed, defenders found him out. Just need to stand still, he'll run into you sooner or later.

He must be utilized sparingly in matches where we can afford to rest certain key players. He is a squad player and should be utilized as such. There is little point in him starting, he doesn't offer much.
No he is not. Mata is a squad player. Matic, van de Beek are decent options. Even Williams for right back.

James is just consistently useless, we'd be better off giving chances to random academy players. Where is Chong these days?

Offsideagain

James looks like a player that’s been ‘coached’ and has lost the spark he had when he first came when he was rapid. I hoped he may be another Stevie Coppell. Shame really.

Andersons Dietician

Honestly have no idea why he was chosen today. Was like we were playing with 9 men. Actually given he also kept getting in the way of our players it was like Chelsea had 12.
I’ve no idea what he is even good at any more. Heck even when presented with a good one on one situation all any defender needs to do is back off him and eventually he’ll screw it up himself.
Cant play between the lines, can’t beat a man, can’t pass, can’t cross what is the point.

Raw

It's like we keep playing him, hoping this time it'll be different. Then he pulls his usual disaster of a performance and still get picked. Fecking frustrating really.

gormless

If ever a player symbolised the decline of Manchester United, it’s him.
Sight of him last year stood in front of the Stratford End giving it a “too cool to celebrate” look after equalising against Crystal Palace, only for them to go and score straight away was utterly pathetic.

He is just not good enough. I feel like Lingard could play at Premier League level comfortably, i don’t think James could

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For a guy that can't ride a challenge and falls over at the most minimum of contact, he sure loves running into defenders doesn't he?

It seems like he has 1 trick these days, cut inside and job into the defence and hope a shot opens up. What happened to him getting down the line and crossing with his left? he's regressed massively since last season alone.

I just don't see what he brings the team apart from a bit of hard running. We create nothing when he get the ball and it always breaks down on his side.

At this point i'd rather play Pogba as a left winger.

OrcaFat

His ceiling is actually very high, we’ve seen him play great and net a couple of scorchers. His average level is low. Loan is the answer. He may never be a worthy regular starter but he needs games somewhere else for a bit before we make that call.

spiriticon

Why does he think running into 3 defenders and getting tackled is a good idea?

It's like he refuses to accept that he can't dribble past them all everytime.

No mate you're not Messi, pass it and move to get it again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why does he think running into 3 defenders and getting tackled is a good idea?

It's like he refuses to accept that he can't dribble past them all everytime.

No mate you're not Messi, pass it and move to get it again.
He does this thing which absolutely angers me- when he dribbles he isnt looking at where our team players are, nor the opposition in front of him nor the free space he has to make a run to - he dribbles with his face looking at his feet or football when dribbling.

It's the day I saw that the first time that I realised as an attacker this guy wont be good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.