Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His dribbling is terrible. He isn’t good enough, it’s unfortunate but a move to say Leeds, would be good for him

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He does this thing which absolutely angers me- when he dribbles he isnt looking at where our team players are, nor the opposition in front of him nor the free space he has to make a run to - he dribbles with his face looking at his feet or football when dribbling.

It's the day I saw that the first time that I realised as an attacker this guy wont be good enough for us.
For me, it was when he put no effort to protect the ball with body shape (ie like VDB & Telles) whenever receiving a pass. Combine that with his size, you've got an absolutely useless 'winger' in the premier league. It is the exact reason he has a record stat of losing the ball 85% of the time he receives a pass.

What's even sadder is the fact he shrinks into a shell whenever he realizes he's having a shite game. He regresses into some braindead zombie that receives the ball and dribbles into defenders shins at a walking pace until he's substituted.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
For me, it was when he put no effort to protect the ball with body shape (ie like VDB & Telles) whenever receiving a pass. Combine that with his size, you've got an absolutely useless 'winger' in the premier league. It is the exact reason he has a record stat of losing the ball 85% of the time he receives a pass.

What's even sadder is the fact he shrinks into a shell whenever he realizes he's having a shite game. He regresses into some braindead zombie that receives the ball and dribbles into defenders shins at a walking pace until he's substituted.
Yeah he regresses as the game goes on once he realises he is doing crap. Compare this to Rashford for example, the guy might be shit all game but doesnt regress and is there enough to make a difference when we might need it at times.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah he regresses as the game goes on once he realises he is doing crap. Compare this to Rashford for example, the guy might be shit all game but doesnt regress and is there enough to make a difference when we might need it at times.
Good news is that with Greenwood and Cavani back fit, this guy won't be kicking a football for us unless we're playing carabao

arthurka

Sorry I have left the James is a ok player for Utd, he absolutely isn't. Just get someone in from the youth teams to fill the spot he isn't anywhere good enough for this team.

Hoboman

He makes me miss Lingard, which is the most severe verdict for attacking player.

Matt851

Frankly he is no where near good enough and if ole thinks he is they should both leave together.

Genuinely think lingard is a better player at the moment

Morpheus 7

We have seen no evidence to justify him starting. There comes a time when it's the managers fault for him being selected. I think our team selections have been questionable this season. Dan James is out of his depth at this level, he's not good enough. May as well start with 10 players, he's horrendous. Decision making, passing, defensive duties(which he was better at last year). His game is based on pace and balls over the top up the line, counter attacking with speed. I'm sick of seeing him selected and blame Ole. I've seen him in the lineup and instantly knew it was mistake, like many. We had real options on that bench.

SSSSnake

It’s like a deer in head lights. Very worrying that Ole still picks him. He’s a championship player at best.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s like a deer in head lights. Very worrying that Ole still picks him. He’s a championship player at best.
I doubt we'll see him again, I think it's only because of the unavailability of Cavani, Greenwood and Martial that he started, now they're back he has no business being in the team.

It's honestly worrying to me that we didn't sell him this summer when we could easily have got our money back (according to Tier 1 Leeds journalists) for a player who will very clearly never be close to a Manchester United player.

I'd love to know what Solskjaer sees in him...literally anything at all.

It's a perfect example of why we get burned so often on outgoing transfers. We keep bad players for so long, until absolutely everybody knows they're terrible, and are then surprised when we either can't sell them at all or get an absolute pittance in return. Look at what Liverpool have done recently with young players who got a bit of hype but clearly weren't good enough for them - £17m Ibe, £20m Solanke, £15m Ward...those three alone almost paid for Jota and Thiago. Brewster might end up in the same category.

We need to be more cutthroat in making decisions on players...and Daniel James isn't even a hard one.

Castia

Should have got the cash for him this summer. Not good enough sadly.

his one main ability is speed and he doesnt even know how to use it.

The outcasts like Lingard and Andreas are even miles better than James.

MAME DIOUF 32

He's hard to watch now. Sometimes he might do well in a counterattacking team or running at tired legs but picking him to start at home is baffling. I'm not sure he can do much differently, this is the player he is.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I admit I have defended him but that was awful today. He's got the engine but the decision making has to happen or he has to go.

The United

I am doubting if Ole will be starting him again in any important games now. But, as we know with him, he is best at coming as a sub to put more work rate and pace on tired defense.

Starting him today was a mistake, obviously. Could have gone with Greenwood instead.

Djemba-Djemba

He seems a nice lad and I don't have any anger towards him or anything like that.

But he's just clearly not good enough. It's as simple as that.

That moment in the 2nd half where he had a bit of space and the ball at his feet only to slowly jog into a crowd of defenders was embarrassingly poor.

Arka_BleedingRed

The point that Ole still keeps picking him in the starting XI is damning proof of Ole's quality as a coach. An extremely poor player, made to look even worse by the way he is being used. As I said last season, he is not even worth as a back up in the current squad playing in the style implemented by Ole and we need a dependable back up attacker to come off the bench. Leeds interest was a huge opportunity to move him on, instead as we often do, we dug our heels in against the move.

Web of Bissaka

Why is he still playing?
It's fine to use him at the start as Ole may be anticipating Chelsea's worse defense and for them to not park the bus and leaving many spaces behind for him to exploit, but they didn't... again. Just like the last FA Cup semi. How he got more than 45 mins is just pure thrash.

Nothing against him, but he have been terribly disappointing... as does the manager who is over trusting. We're seriously wasting a spot in the XI and valuable times making late changes... and then we dropped valuable 2 pts in return. Just why?

James nowadays...
LW - like a buzzing fly which you can easily swat down.
RW - like a lost sheep, don't remember how to football (Football.exe is missing).

SSSSnake

I doubt we'll see him again, I think it's only because of the unavailability of Cavani, Greenwood and Martial that he started, now they're back he has no business being in the team.
Let’s hope you are right mate. On the upside we do have a very exciting line up now Cavani and Greenwood are back in the mix. Will be nice to have a goal poacher back in the team. Haven’t seen that since the Ruud days.

zenith

It's down to ole really for using him badly. He could easily have started with either one of greenwood, cavani or Ighalo even and then given James a run in the last 15-20 minutes from the bench.

He's a decent squad player but absolutely nothing more and it's criminal for the manager to start him in a game like this and expose his deficiency.

jem

Looks utterly clueless and hopeless out there. There is a play at around the 48 minute mark where he gets a nice pass from Fernandes and basically just runs aimlessly into the box and is easily dispossessed. I think Ole really messed up picking James today.

jem

It's down to ole really for using him badly. He could easily have started with either one of greenwood, cavani or Ighalo even and then given James a run in the last 15-20 minutes from the bench.

He's a decent squad player but absolutely nothing more and it's criminal for the manager to start him in a game like this and expose his deficiency.
I honestly can't remember the last time he's even demonstrated this standard of play.

Slysi17

He hasn't regressed, defenders found him out. Just need to stand still, he'll run into you sooner or later.

No he is not. Mata is a squad player. Matic, van de Beek are decent options. Even Williams for right back.

James is just consistently useless, we'd be better off giving chances to random academy players. Where is Chong these days?
Well we did buy this right winger Facundo Pellistri. Even though Ole said he would need time and is for the future, surely he would do better.

Litch

Def a difficult watch yesterday but I think the blame is on Ole. People criticising that lad for being the type of player he is. Never came here as a dribbler or with great crossing ability, he came here cause of his natural speed and ability to open the game up as a consequence. We've seen it like the city game and for Wales when there is more time and space. Not saying he's not been poor but equally the manager is using him poorly. He should be coming on with 20 mins to go, not being taken off. Ole must have had a brain fart to put him in against one of the best two left backs (with one playing CB) in the league against a team playing a back five anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
To think we refused to sell him to Leeds. We’re going to sell him eventually anyway, but chances are when we do, it will be for a loss now.

Dve

James played well against Newcastle, and hence I do understand why he got another chance with Martial out and Greenwood and Cavani lacking match fitness. However, I don´t think we´ll see James getting another start anytime soon. I said early on that I doubt James will make it at United, and I stand by that.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What are they doing in training? He has had all those weaknesses since he joined and there has been zero improvement.

superdry

touched by a genius
He's not a premier league standard player. Ole's sending out a ten man team in important games. Poor management, plain and simple.

PoTMS

What are they doing in training? He has had all those weaknesses since he joined and there has been zero improvement.
I don't think he's that good but I have no doubt if he moved to Leeds where they are infinitely better coached, he'd look a useful Premier League player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
James played well against Newcastle, and hence I do understand why he got another chance with Martial out and Greenwood and Cavani lacking match fitness. However, I don´t think we´ll see James getting another start anytime soon. I said early on that I doubt James will make it at United, and I stand by that.
Did he? Only after Ole subbed in Pogba, Matic and Donny the team started to play well and score goals.

Tiber

He was signed to come off the bench for the last 15 mins, but because our squad was so weak he ended up starting a load of games last year

Bafflingly, we failed to strengthen yet again and he remains stuck in the same overused role.

Dve

Did he? Only after Ole subbed in Pogba, Matic and Donny the team started to play well and score goals.
It´s a game of 90 minutes and we played better when Newcastle ran out of steam. James had his best game in a while.

EdinburghDevil

He looked promising when he 1st came in but hasn't built in those earlier performances.

Loan love would be good for him and it would also allow Ole and his staff to assess whether he then has a place back at the club long term.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
As an attacking threat in this team he's painfully average. I can understand us taking the gamble on him but it's clear he's not good enough at this level, far too many faults in his game. I'll be surprised if he's a United player by next September.

Status
Not open for further replies.