Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dve

But what did James show in that game?
93% pass accuracy, 5 shots, 1 dribble, 1 tackle. Unlike yesterday, he was comfortable on the ball, and looked like a threat running at their defence from the left. One of his better games for United.

Dve

As an attacking threat in this team he's painfully average. I can understand us taking the gamble on him but it's clear he's not good enough at this level, far too many faults in his game. I'll be surprised if he's a United player by next September.
Some glimpses here and there, but yes, I´ll be surprised as well. Not good enough for United.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
93% pass accuracy, 5 shots, 1 dribble, 1 tackle. Unlike yesterday, he was comfortable on the ball, and looked like a threat running at their defence from the left. One of his better games for United.
How many of those passes were threatening? How many shots were threatening?

Wolverine

Literally none. I like his running and work rate and ability to chase down overhit passes but at the moment he is a hindrance in the side. Love the way his career started but we can't wait for him to find that form again when every game is so crucial now with our crap start in the league and also having so many better alternatives warming the bench.

Dve

Well, at all getting into these shooting positions is better than what you normally get from James. In don´t rate him, but in fairness, his performance against Newcastle was for his standard, on the better side. That´s my opinion, anyway.

White Fury

Young lad and all but I cant see him transitioning from Championship to Premier League player let alone become world class. The only scenario where he can be useful is being an 80th minute impact sub to run at tired defenders and hopefully score or properly pass the ball in final third. At the moment hes the weakest link in attack and has no place in our starting 11.

Robbie Boy

Literally offers nothing. He was poor against Newcastle and even worse yesterday. Bizarre that Ole chose to start him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Well, at all getting into these shooting positions is better than what you normally get from James. In don´t rate him, but in fairness, his performance against Newcastle was for his standard, on the better side. That´s my opinion, anyway.
Yep. What he showed against Newcastle was a decent squad level performance. Nothing better, nothing worse. If that's how he regularly played then he'd be a decent squad player.

The big problem is that it was actually one of his best games in ages, and the majority of his performances over the last 8 months or so haven't been good enough. Obviously against Chelsea we saw that again.

Robert

Great strike, hopefully he can kick on and maybe play a part for us somewhere :nervous:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Some of the balls he's put in as well have been excellent. He really has played well for Wales over a period now.

Red Royal

That was a very emotional celebration from him, hopefully gives him some confidence. He must be aware of the stick he is getting.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
There's a good player in him somewhere. He just needs to use the attributes he has. Sometimes he seems afraid to use his pace and its tedious.

KD6-3.7

I don’t know how true those rumours of Leeds wanting him were true but I think the club really screwed him over not selling him, we also could have made a rare profit from a player who’s actually been incredibly poor for us and never will be good enough so it could have been a win-win For everyone.

I think Daniel James will become a player we keep way too long and when we decide to sell his value will be non existent and the players career will be too far gone to salvage.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Great assist with confidence pumping through his veins. Looks a completely different player.

Been on the left and right. Assist came from bombing up the left and crossing with his left

Sparky Rhiwabon

He generally seems to play well for Wales. Not sure if we (United) just use him wrong, give him instructions that don’t suit him or what. I wouldn’t read too much into his performance tonight, his Wales performances have never been an issue.

Last edited:

Davie Moyes

That was a very emotional celebration from him, hopefully gives him some confidence. He must be aware of the stick he is getting.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well. I'm worried he reads the Cafe.

The way he plays for Wales is similar to how he started well for us last season which I thought was good enough for a bench player here. Not sure why our fans need to give him a hard time, constantly slagging him off and inflating his fee to 20m.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And he’s playing with much worse team-mates for Wales. Which should make it harder for him to make an impression. Swings and roundabouts. It’s obviously mainly a confidence thing. He believes in himself in a Wales shirt.
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Worse team mates yes but he's very much an individual type player. Relies on his pace and skill to do his wing play and be a threat. International football has loads more space, generally more back and forth games and lower stabdard of defenders meaning he'll have his time and space to do his part. Same reason Pogba struggles in the prem. Way less time and space on the ball at the higher levels, more tactical, teams will sit back and restrict space and that makes James pretty ineffective. Of course confidence plays a part, but even full confidence James is never going to be a United caliber starting player (which is fine). He also just so happens to be someone who needs regular football to make an impact and build confidence, so using him as a squad player doesn't work all that well either.

ForeverRed1

Maybe the pressure of playing for united is too much for the lad? I mean the crosses he was putting in all night were amazing. Really really good. His goal was top notch but most tellingly he played with a smile on his face. After pogbas comments aswell, has to make you wonder if playing for united is heavy on players. Just a thought.
Did anyone see the cross he put in for bale? Quality, pin point stuff.

Tel074

I saw alot of him at Swansea due to working in the area for a period of time and I was delighted when we signed him . I'm not sure if he's lacking confidence but I think a loan from January to the summer would do him good . He needs regular football and we might get him back playing like he did at Swansea

Rossa

Maybe the pressure of playing for united is too much for the lad? I mean the crosses he was putting in all night were amazing. Really really good. His goal was top notch but most tellingly he played with a smile on his face. After pogbas comments aswell, has to make you wonder if playing for united is heavy on players. Just a thought.
Did anyone see the cross he put in for bale? Quality, pin point stuff.
Well, considering how toxic this place is, I would say that it is no wonder if playing for United is heavy on players. I really wish Redcafe would be a little more positive. There are far too many moaners on here. It is fine having a discussion, but calling our own players sh*t and wanting them to feck off is just embarrassing. I was watching a match once and a United "supporter" shouted out that he wanted Herrera to feckin break his leg and die the wanker. When I told him off, I was the idiot -
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don’t know how true those rumours of Leeds wanting him were true but I think the club really screwed him over not selling him, we also could have made a rare profit from a player who’s actually been incredibly poor for us and never will be good enough so it could have been a win-win For everyone.

I think Daniel James will become a player we keep way too long and when we decide to sell his value will be non existent and the players career will be too far gone to salvage.
feck Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.