5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

rakesh289

When he is not confident he tries to find players and pass, when he's gained confidence like today he tries to beat his man and inevitably never does.
Does he never watch the replays or analysis and understand or get told by our coaching staff that when he gets the ball he should look up and then cross or that he cannot beat a man when he is playing right wing.
Absolutely frustrating on the right, he is much better playing on the left.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Thought he was awful and after a couple games of progress went back to the hit and run merchant of the beginning of the season
Had some great chances to do something and just either ran down a blind ally or passed backwards to awb
He beat his fullback, and defended well. I'm not saying he was great but if he had a final ball he'd easily have 1 or 2 assists tonight.
He shits himself in the final 3rd and will never be good enough to start for us but can be a decent squad player.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This poor kid gets knocked all over the field and rarely gets a call. The defender got a piece of the ball on the penalty claim (not sure if it was before or after the foul) but there were so many other times where he is cleared out and no call...

Idxomer

1st 70 minutes he was utter shit, no brains whatsoever.

Some good fouls in the last 20 minutes or so to slow down the play which is basically all you could praise him for today.

I have no idea how this guy found himself starting games consistently for this club two years in a row.

SirScholes

Don't get why he's getting a lot of criticism. He carries the ball very well and wins a lot of fouls. Final ball and decision is lacking, but no one really should have unrealistically high expectations of him.
Because he is a liability in the team, granted not his fault he’s picked but no one is holding that against him
Just calling a spade a spade or in this instance a poor footballer a poor footballer.

I’d be less frustrated if I knew why after creating a yard of space he doesn’t cross it.
He’d actually be useful if he did that

klayton88

Works hard but it's not enough for play for this team. Pace merchant with no end product.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Has improved leaps and bounds on the ball. Very frustrating tonight but I'm confident his final ball will improve over the next year.

This poor kid gets knocked all over the field and rarely gets a call. The defender got a piece of the ball on the penalty claim (not sure if it was before or after the foul) but there were so many other times where he is cleared out and no call...
The disadvantages of being 5'2.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he actually had end product, he would be decent. When he should pass, he runs, and when he should run, he passes.

MattofManchester

That moment where he looks up, spots Greenwood, and keeps running with the ball has enraged me.

How? How can you be that selfish?

SirScholes

He beat his fullback, and defended well. I'm not saying he was great but if he had a final ball he'd easily have 1 or 2 assists tonight.
He shits himself in the final 3rd and will never be good enough to start for us but can be a decent squad player.
He’s not bought to defend though he’s got one of the best defenders in the world behind him (in one on ones, not attacking)
Doesn’t matter beating your fullback if you end up letting him catch you up and bully you off the ball.
Just whip it in, even if he fcks up 9/10 crosses atleast he’ll of stuck one good one in which would be 100% more productive than diving every time

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Think that our team need to do more to protect him, he gets kicked to shreds every game and the referees seem to ignore it because of who he is.

Hope we develop some progressions for the right side so that he can build some muscle memory for different scenarios so he can be more useful in breaking teams down.

ReallyUSA

I guess he came to the team with a reputation. He consistently gets fouled, and never gets the benefit of the doubt. Really tired of it.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
When Cavani's fully fit, he will put greenwood out wide, Rashford on left and James will be back to 70 minute subs. I do think he works very hard every game but his output just doesnt cut it a lot of the time

The Hilton

Was awful and offered nothing in an attacking sense, but still worked hard and did pretty well when we were trying to see the game out.

Can't wait until we don't have to start him against teams defending fairly deep.

Red & White

Made some nice little dribbles tonight and his pace was important to our attacks. He does need to work on his end game but I like his attitude and hope he can kick on and be a squad player for us.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Works extremely hard. With our whole attack hopelessly out of form, I take that any day.
If our forwards finally decide to get a grip, he would look much better.

rakesh289

If he actually had end product, he would be decent. When he should pass, he runs, and when he should run, he passes.
Perfectly sums up my frustration with him, after 2 years playing at this level how can he not pick these little things.

dogwithabone

He’s getting better and better, no doubt about that. Whether he can ever reach the required level is open to debate but he’s a different player these last four or five weeks.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t even blame him anymore. It’s not his fault he’s not good though, it’s on the club for buying him. I actually feel sorry for him. Seems a nice lad, could have a good career at a West Brom / Norwich type yo-yo club.

Marwood

He’s getting better and better, no doubt about that. Whether he can ever reach the required level is open to debate but he’s a different player these last four or five weeks.
But that's because he was terrible for the 6 month prior to that.

It's a shame as he seems a good lad but he's just nowhere near good enough.

To be fair he was up against it tonight and the first leg. Their left back and Tomori are both rapid and it negated James' one big asset.

I thought he was decent today. Put some decent balls in, Milan kicked him all over the pitch.

Still needs to work on his in game intelligence and decision making. He should know that Tomori is the fastest defender in the world and make that pass to Mason early.

LJJT

He did well tonight. He’s done well since he came back in the team. Greenwood did nothing more than him but gets away with it. Martial and rashford regularly stink the place out with half as much effort and don’t get the abuse James gets. In a counter attacking game he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

kundalini

Decision making not great tonight, especially when he opted not to pass to Greenwood then got tackled inside the area. Worked hard as usual. One shot and two key passes.

Raven

Absolutely infuriating tonight, can see a good player there if he develops properly though.

SirScholes

He did well tonight. He’s done well since he came back in the team. Greenwood did nothing more than him but gets away with it. Martial and rashford regularly stink the place out with half as much effort and don’t get the abuse James gets. In a counter attacking game he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.
Because his job is to set up Greenwood
If he’d of played him in instead of running with his head down in a straight line we could be here saying
Great assist James and finisher Greenwood but instead it’s yet another example of his below average footballing intelligence

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Did the same against West Ham as well. Did not pass when he should have passed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He isn't even that quick? so many times he got passed Hernandez and then just suddenly slowed up and got smashed :lol:

GioF

Works extremely hard. With our whole attack hopelessly out of form, I take that any day.
If our forwards finally decide to get a grip, he would look much better.
He is one of our forwards though. However by watching him you’d argue that fact. He’s a great right wing option if we want someone to run around a lot and work hard. Shite footballer but seems a nice lad so we should all just accept the fact he will probably get a new deal soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.