Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He’s not in the Young and Park bracket, he’s in the Richardson and Chadwick bracket, though they at least cost nothing and we’re quickly moved on
Definitely. I bet us being samaritans we extend his contract and he will hang about here for another three seasons at least but hopefully our academy players and newly bought star players will phase him out so he will leave. Now he's living his dream but unfortunately it's clear to see he's not good enough but like you said he was cheap and worth a punt just need to be a bit more ruthless when shifting players out..

LJJT

Because his job is to set up Greenwood
If he’d of played him in instead of running with his head down in a straight line we could be here saying
Great assist James and finisher Greenwood but instead it’s yet another example of his below average footballing intelligence
Did he not put one ball in that Greenwood let run right between his legs?

Bwuk

I like James but we should be moving him on this summer.

Amad/Pellistri/Hannibal etc can all take his minutes.

Unfortunately he isn’t at the level required.

Gandalf

I like James but we should be moving him on this summer.

Amad/Pellistri/Hannibal etc can all take his minutes.

Unfortunately he isn’t at the level required.
I don't see us being too active in the market this summer and I imagine we will be looking at loan deals for the youngsters, I expect he sticks as a squad player for another year at least and is then moved on. Have to consider that Mata will certainly be gone and we don't want to waste another year of Mason's development trying to turn him into a winger. Dan is cheap and does not moan about playing time, add to that he has the versatility to play potentially six positions which makes him an ideal emergency sub.

lex talionis

If we sell Martial we can keep James as cover for Rashford on the left. But if we keep Martial to cover for Rashford (he's close to useless as a CF) then we should sell James, or maybe send him out on a season loan where he can develop technical ability without having to endure all the pressure of being a Manchester United footballer.

RonaldoVII

Why do you like him?
He doesn't come across as dislikeable. He puts effort in, doesn't shy away from challenges. Sure; they should be the minimum we expect from all our players but that's not the case.

I think he has some uses as a squad player but probably as 5th or 6th choice out wide. If he's higher up than that then we need more quality.

markhughes

It’s hard not to like the lad, granted his quality isn’t high enough to be a regular starter for us but he is a useful squad option and honestly his passion and effort is there for all to see.

kid is living his dream, doing his best and contributing to the best of his ability, if all of our players did the same we would be much closer to city than we are.

Bondi77

He doesn't come across as dislikeable. He puts effort in, doesn't shy away from challenges. Sure; they should be the minimum we expect from all our players but that's not the case.

I think he has some uses as a squad player but probably as 5th or 6th choice out wide. If he's higher up than that then we need more quality.
Who do you think comes across as being dislikable in the team?

AgentSmith

Who do you think comes across as being dislikable in the team?
I think anyone who tries their hardest when they’re given an opportunity is likeable. James’ issues are to do with talent rather than attitude and that’s not necessarily something he can control.

Someone like Martial’s issues are to do with attitude rather than talent and that’s entirely within his control. That makes him easier to dislike.

FerociousCorgis

if we brought in someone like sancho would love to see us be proactive and try and get a transfer fee for james. Just not up to level and at least try and get that back before it is 5 years down the line and we are still wondering why he is still here

Bondi77

I can see why some dislike Martial with the effort he puts in and his sulky attitude we've seen at times, for example.

Do you think James is dislikeable?
Definitely not!
I think he is a valuable member of the squad and while he is not perfect there is no one in the side that is.

Bondi77

I think anyone who tries their hardest when they’re given an opportunity is likeable. James’ issues are to do with talent rather than attitude and that’s not necessarily something he can control.

Someone like Martial’s issues are to do with attitude rather than talent and that’s entirely within his control. That makes him easier to dislike.
I was a big fan of Martial but the talent thing is starting to wear a bit thin with me now.
He is at an age where he should be performing at a high consistent level and he has a wage that suggests that he is expected to do that but he seems incapable of it

Gandalf

Great header from Dan to give Wales the lead. Ole clearly has mishandled him and we should be playing him as a number 9 in the Les Ferdinand mold!

On a more serious note, Dan has had an excellent game tonight in a tough match and his defensive work and covering further convinces me that he has all the tools to be a top wingback if we ever play that system.

Foxbatt

Great header from Dan to give Wales the lead. Ole clearly has mishandled him and we should be playing him as a number 9 in the Les Ferdinand mold!

On a more serious note, Dan has had an excellent game tonight in a tough match and his defensive work and covering further convinces me that he has all the tools to be a top wingback if we ever play that system.
We rarely cross do we? He is not a bad player and hopefully he will grow more in confidence. It looks like he plays much better when he plays for Wales. Maybe it's easier for him to play for Wales than United as the expectations are not high.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
We rarely cross do we? He is not a bad player and hopefully he will grow more in confidence. It looks like he plays much better when he plays for Wales. Maybe it's easier for him to play for Wales than United as the expectations are not high.
He's on the most recent official podcast episode and he talks about how he's realised that he was playing it too safe after his initial good period when he first arrived.
I think you can see that he's started taking players on again and carrying the ball through the lines in recent times.

Okey

He's on the most recent official podcast episode and he talks about how he's realised that he was playing it too safe after his initial good period when he first arrived.
I think you can see that he's started taking players on again and carrying the ball through the lines in recent times.
Makes sense. He has looked more expressive in recent games. Chuffed for him tonight. Great header, just what that beautiful cross deserved.

lysglimt

Scout
As much as I like and respect James, if he is allowed to head home a cross in the box - the Czech defenders wont sleep well tonight :)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Martial, Pogba and Lingard. They are all probably great lads, but they come across as dislikeable from time to time. Perhaps Henderson as well, but goalies should not be too likeable.
Funny because they come across as very likeable which is why they are so well liked amongst fellow players. Pogba in particular looks like a great personality. We don’t really have any players in our squad who are massively dislikable characters.

El Zoido

Didn’t he miss an easy header in one of our recent games? Not that it means anything tbf.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
There's a player here, he always seems to come up with a goal

OverratedOpinion

Dan James is the very least of our problems. The fact that we have to choose between him or Greenwood who is not a right winger and is still learning the game is our issue in that position.

Very decent player and seems to have an absolutely fantastic attitude.

Walters_19_MuFc

Didnt watch enough of the game to give an overall judgement on his performance, but thought his header was fantastic.

Really starting to find some form in front of goal.

RUCK4444

Dan James is the very least of our problems. The fact that we have to choose between him or Greenwood who is not a right winger and is still learning the game is our issue in that position.

Very decent player and seems to have an absolutely fantastic attitude.
Yeah tidy player with an excellent attitude, gives everything every game which I would much rather see than the likes of Martial, regardless if he’s less talented.

I think Dan has another level in him yet. His attitude and approach to the game will see him progress as well.

A player, one of many, that gets dogs abuse here. Far more than he deserves.

Bertie Wooster

James is a good player with blistering pace.

But that applies to plenty of players who don't make it at, or even to, the highest levels. What separates those who do make it to the top echelon are technical ability, decision making, end product, temperament, etc.

I think if James had come through our youth system and had been loaned out, or promoted to our first team as a squad player - then he'd be receiving less criticism at this stage of his United career.

But the fact we've singled him out above many other quick players as a signing for a troubled position, and immediately be a member of the first team squad and often a starter, means he's being judged by higher standards.

And some people are looking at him questioning if he has that special something that justified us targeting him above the many other quick wide players that are around. Considering we were bringing him in as an immediate first team player, does he already have that extra level of ability and end product that raises him above the many 'quick but raw' players that are about?

Last edited:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not United quality from what i've seen. Some nice touches but doesn't beat his man well enough and we've seen a few moments where that final bit of qualities missing. Useful in away games but other then that, I wouldn't play him in any key games based on what he's produced. He needs to not get above himself whens ones in a better position and he needs to improve his final ball. A United player demands more and it's up to him to step up mentally or accept he might not feature much in future. I trust him to get the third goal or an assist in a comfortable performance but not to make a decisive pass or get a goal when it REALLY matters. Once in a blue moon perhaps

edcunited1878

Not United quality from what i've seen. Some nice touches but doesn't beat his man well enough and we've seen a few moments where that final bit of qualities missing. Useful in away games but other then that, I wouldn't play him in any key games based on what he's produced. He needs to not get above himself whens ones in a better position and he needs to improve his final ball. A United player demands more and it's up to him to step up mentally or accept he might not feature much in future. I trust him to get the third goal or an assist in a comfortable performance but not to make a decisive pass or get a goal when it REALLY matters. Once in a blue moon perhaps
Matches against City are key games many would argue....and guess what. Every match he's started against City, the past two years...United have won. He has his uses and is a squad player. Still an inexperienced player gaining experience. Not his fault others aren't taking the opportunity or there isn't enough clear quality ahead of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Matches against City are key games many would argue....and guess what. Every match he's started against City, the past two years...United have won. He has his uses and is a squad player. Still an inexperienced player gaining experience. Not his fault others aren't taking the opportunity or there isn't enough clear quality ahead of him.
He's a defensive work horse. He works well in matches where we get space to attack with speed, or when defending we need somebody to cover lots of ground. he does that plenty.

Ask him to break down a parked bus though and he'll be there for a week.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not quite. But same number as Greenwood.
Mad how so many of our attackers are just all collectively nowhere near the level this season. Cavani, Martial, Greenwood, and James have a total of 14 league goals. 14 between 4 players! The same amount as Patrick Bamford and Dominic Calvert Lewin.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mad how so many of our attackers are just all collectively nowhere near the level this season. Cavani, Martial, Greenwood, and James have a total of 14 league goals. 14 between 4 players! The same amount as Patrick Bamford and Dominic Calvert Lewin.
That's shocking.

Falcow

Its perfectly fair to compare Martial to those guys, maybe even Cavani and I have no doubt Calvin Lewin would score a ton of goals for us but how many games have Greenwood and James started as the main striker for us this season? Two for Greenwood, none for James? Then you need to look at minutes played, again not comparable for either Greenwood or James and probably.

You simply cant compare James with players who play in far more regularly in much different positions.

MDFC Manager

We'd still be in the title race and likely in the CL as well if our forwards scored more.

Status
Not open for further replies.