Daniel James - Failed Leeds United transfer

binary bot
That's fecking crazy:lol:. They must've been fuming. Just shows how owners can feck with everything.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Wow- didn’t realise it was that close! Makes Swansea look like a shower of C**ts.

Tarrou

the Leeds guy was basically in tears because it didn't happen, the soft cnut

RightSaidFredTheRed

Thanks for posting this, a fascinating insight to the mess that goes on. What's interesting is how many people are there, any of those can leak information. It's no wonder deals get out to the media, some of which can seem like media nonsense, but can even get this far.

Halftrack

That's a pretty shitty thing to do to both James and Leeds, and I fecking hate Leeds, so me saying they were hard done by carries some weight let me tell you. That said, them not getting the deal ensured we got him, and it also probably ensured they failed to get promoted. So, all's well that ends well (for us).

SCJY

Very interesting video.

not really clear about why it fell through though. Was it really just Swansea pulling their leg?

Red00012

This video will be gold when he wins us the league with a last minute goal at Anfield in 2-3 years.:D

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Acting 8/10
Script 7/10
Music 6/10 (Needed Celine Dion at the end)

Overall good mix of drama and comedy. The teaser pic from the sequel looks way more promising...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Also gives some minute insight into the intricacies of the real thing. Fans were probably hurling abuse online and criticising their club, but so many moving parts in reality.

Infestissumam

wow I had no idea it got so close that he actually was there, already posing for photos and stuff. All worked out for him in the end but he must have been pissed at the time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Had no idea it was that close. As in, literally just needed his name signed at the bottom. Crazy.

It's B Rubble

Him and his dad were a tight bond. You can understand the emotions a bit more after watching this.. Probably determined to absolutely smash it here and make his pops proud (but I think he already has).

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
the Leeds guy was basically in tears because it didn't happen, the soft cnut
The man is a cretin - he cried at Griffin Park when Brentford effectively ended their automatic promotion hopes, this was sweet kharma after he tried to get into the Away dressing room and drug testing area to confront Ollie Watkins cos he reckoned he dived for a pen when Brentford played at Elland Road.

Anyway this series is just a puff piece for the owner, his entourage and something for the Leeds fans to cream themselves over. I'd give it a wide swerve myself.

Charlie Foley

That was interesting to watch.

I had nice things about the crying guy but after learning stuff about him never mind.

As for Dan James...what a weird 2019 he’s had huh.

Halftrack

Very interesting video.

not really clear about why it fell through though. Was it really just Swansea pulling their leg?
The chief executive and the owners disagreed on the terms of the transfer (as you probably got from the clip). It could have been the valuation of the player (the owners wanted more money), the structure of the deal (cash up front, installments), the might have wanted a sell-on clause (or if there was one, a bigger one), a buyback clause. Basically, the owners didn't like whatever terms the chief executive had discussed with Leeds. Seems weird that the executive didn't communicate this hiccup to Leeds, but he might have been busy trying to convince the owners to take the offer that was on the table, or trying to extract from them what terms they might have considered acceptable.

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
I reckon he must be a fan, loads of Aussies support them after the Viduka and Kewell days
Wasn't there even rumors of him overtaking the the club a couple of years ago?

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Interesting stuff. Can’t imagine the mess it is to sign a high profile player from another league or country. Especially some Portuguese player with investors having a stake in them

NecssryEvil

Maybe some other team called Swansea at the last minute and said “if ya wait until summer”....

Will Singh

I didn't know it was that close to happening, not sure from the vid was it Leeds or Cardiff's fault?

Great insight into how these things are done and can see why things get leaked with all that staff walking around listening to conversations.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I didn't know it was that close to happening, not sure from the vid was it Leeds or Cardiff's fault?

Great insight into how these things are done and can see why things get leaked with all that staff walking around listening to conversations.
Swansea

Matson

The worst thing about watching this video was that you can see how close he and his dad where. Breaks my heart that he never got to see his lad playing for Man United.

Cloud7

Also gives some minute insight into the intricacies of the real thing. Fans were probably hurling abuse online and criticising their club, but so many moving parts in reality.
In reality transfers are extremely complicated with so many people involved, so many things that can change and so many things that can go wrong. It’s not as simple as fans seem to think.