Daniel James is exposing our "stars"

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This lad has just joined from a mid-table Championship team and is instantly our top performer. Watching him massively out perform the likes of Rashford and Pogba actually pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's started so well, looks a player and a half, but he's just exposing our lazy complacent twats for the absolute frauds that they are. Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Mata etc should be setting the example for this guy to follow, yet it's James himself setting the standard his "star" teammates can't keep up with.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This lad has just joined from a mid-table Championship team and is instantly our top performer. Watching him massively out perform the likes of Rashford and Pogba actually pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's started so well, looks a player and a half, but he's just exposing our lazy complacent twats for the absolute frauds that they are. Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Mata etc should be setting the example for this guy to follow, yet it's James himself setting the standard his "star" teammates can't keep up with.
Mata is playing very well today, in fairness.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ole says he sets a standard in training.

And agree with @VP89 Mata is playing well today. Linking up that midfield and attack nicely.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hang on, most of the café was moaning he wasn't playing well last week, now he's the top performer?

Born2Lose

Damn right, Ole should be in that dressing room now telling everyone how James is shaming them with their abject performances.

Needham

...or just reinforcing what we already knew about Pereira and Lingard.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It has only been a handful of games. He will inevitably hit a lull like all players and will ship his fair share of criticism then too.

lsd

The Oracle
He is a good player and well spotted to sign him . I hope he continues to be as important to us and dont see why it matters where he came from

Classical Mechanic

Are you really trying to say that Mata, Rashford and Lingard are lazy?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Pogba should have a look at James and then themselves. They've been here for half a decade and still as frustrating and inconsistent as ever.

El Zoido

It has only been a handful of games. He will inevitably hit a lull like all players and will ship his fair share of criticism then too.
Yep, worth bearing this in mind. The pressure on our players is intense, they’re barely allowed a poor half of football.

lysglimt

Scout
Yes but unlike most other players he works his socks off....that usually counteracts the poor form.

wolvored

I'm sure there are some other gems we ought to look to unearth from the championship

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yes but unlike most other players he works his socks off....that usually counteracts the poor form.
Aye I was going to say that if he keeps his work rate and sense of urgency then I won't be too bothered when the lull does come.

Member 90887

He's scored as much premier league goals in those 4 games as Sanchez managed during his whole time here.

ArjenIsM3

Championship player. By signing him Ole has shown a complete lack of ambition the fecking yes man that he is. :rolleyes:

AgentP

Let's not play him on the right wing anymore. He looks absolutely clueless there. He's a completely different player on the left. Rashford should play on the right instead when Martial is back.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s exposing how Valencia had been the only decent winger we’ve seen at the club since Ronaldo left until now.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Mata is playing well but Rashford utter wank. Actually needs to have a long hard look at himself.

Nick7

He's really not. He's scored two good goals today and last week, but was fairly average to poor for the rest of the games. I'm happy with him and his return so far has been brilliant but his all round play hasn't even good so far.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yep, worth bearing this in mind. The pressure on our players is intense, they’re barely allowed a poor half of football.
Players having a poor game is fine, it happens. Players not putting in 100% (Pogba) is unacceptable.

He's really not. He's scored two good goals today and last week, but was fairly average to poor for the rest of the games. I'm happy with him and his return so far has been brilliant but his all round play hasn't even good so far.
You're right, his all round play has been just decent, and he's still been our best or 2nd best player after Martial. Says it all.

GazTheLegend

We really can’t win with our fans can we, this thread being a prime example of cringe inducing negativity

Can’t you just be happy that our scouts found a good player for once

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why the negative connotations all the fecking time? It’s getting seriously tiresome. It’s like the forum is infested with Daily Mail journalist wankers.

He’s not “exposing” anyone. He’s a young starlet riding a wave of confidence taking his chances and doing himself proud. It’s got feck all to do with any other player. Give it a rest.

Cloud7

Why do we always have to do this? Anytime one player starts performing, we have to turn it into a battle against them and our other players :rolleyes:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I thinkk you're sllightly understating how well he is doing to be fair.

The last three games he's shown he's a bit more than just a counter attacking tool. He's very direct and can create a yard for himself, but also seems to have an end product. When he's playing like that he's a handful and definitely not a championship player.

Rashford is having a pretty big off day and we should kknow by this point the kind of performance Pogba will produce a majority of the time as a holding midfielder...it's playing to his weaknesses rather than his strengths.

I mean if you want to compare James to anyone...he's done more in less than 4 games than Sanchez did in a season.

fps

Rashford and James are virtually exactly the same age. Pogba's role in this team isn't a goalscoring one. Stop turning every positive into an excuse to snipe at other players, it's horrible.