5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabeasC

Reports of £30m fee which would be great business. Nice guy, just didn't work out at United. Sure he'll have a great career at Leeds/elsewhere in the premier league.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
A transfer that's not held back due to huge wages...I could be wrong.
The amount of fans we have that don't understand why we can't sell Deadwood for this one reason alone continues to astound me every year.

Dan James all all accounts wasn't on huge money at all. It's not really a shocker is it?

skc_18

Makes it a bit weird how he started over Lingard then.
I would think leeds were negotiating in the background and we had to show he was in our plans.
Also, other wingers sancho and martial are not probably fit for the first few games. Looks like worked well for all the parties.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It had to happen. Can tell he's a good guy with the right attitude, but his limitations were deafening.

Hope he goes on to have a good club career - I think the counter-attacking nature of Leeds will be a good place for him.

Acole9

Outstanding
Sorry to see him go but he wouldn't have played much. The way people on here treat him is out of order.

crackers0seven

Best of luck. Not good enough for utd. But I liked his work rate. Bad state of affairs when I prefer him starting over Tony. His work rate alone made him better option. Hopefully Tony can step up though with his increase in mins.

Ace of Spades

Good luck to him, great attitude, just not enough ability when playing against packed defences.

Mickson

Obviously a good choice. A bit strange that he has started two of three league games, and then he is sold all of a sudden. I guess it was too much money to say no. Best of luck to James, not good enough but always gave it all. You have to respect that. I think he will slot in just fine at Leeds, but he just isn't good enough for United and doesn't fit our style.

Great bit of business. Make a profit. Also reading that it allows Cavani to take the 21 shirt that he wears for Uruguay and give the number 7 to Ronaldo, so that’s an issue solved without anyone being disrespected.

Next thing hope it means Amad gets to stay and gets proper game time to develop at OT instead of going out on loan.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good move to a good team that play to his strength. Leeds are willing to part 30m, means they really rate him and he'll be their main guy there.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Always wonder how players feel when they move from a big club knowing they’ll never realistically get the chance again? Add to that he’s going to miss out on seeing Ronaldo day in day out.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The fact that Ole is ruthless enough to boot someone as present as James shows you why he’s been very successful for United. Right decision at the right time

DannyDee

Always wonder how players feel when they move from a big club knowing they’ll never realistically get the chance again? Add to that he’s going to miss out on seeing Ronaldo day in day out.
I don't think they have that mentality. They probably believe they can take a step back and rebound. While I don't think James would make the grade at a big club, there are tons of examples of young guys getting lost in the shuffle taking a step back, and then re-emerging. They look at guys like Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Depay, etc.

BorisManUtd

He's good squad player but to think 2 years ago we played on a regular basis with James, Pereira, Lingard in first 11, no wonder we were so bad in first half of 2019/20 season.

The United

Actually felt bad to see him go. But, it has to be done for his own good and ours.

Obviously a good choice. A bit strange that he has started two of three league games, and then he is sold all of a sudden.
I’d say it was possibly a bargaining tool, Leeds have long been interested and playing him shows he has value to us.
He was probably the only player we want rid of that anyone has expressed any genuine interest in that could generate a good price. It’s likely why he brought on Jesse ahead of DVB also.

Karlos PFC

Agreed, think he'll excel at Leeds.
His heart is in the right place and has some potential but he's very limited at the moment.

He must go in a team that actually has a plan when going forward and learn from a great tactician like Bielsa with specific patterns of play that will allow him to improve his movement on the pitch and his vision for producing more.

Only then he will be ready for going out and enjoy himself.

The Firestarter

The fact that Ole is ruthless enough to boot someone as present as James shows you why he’s been very successful for United. Right decision at the right time
He does not want to do it but has been ordered to.

Bondi77

Good luck to the young man and I hope he is appreciated at his new club.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Plus he shouldn’t have signed him in the first place. Nothing special on the eye test or actual stats in the championship
We said it was no risk at the time and if we sold him for a profit it’s be decent business.

Well here we are

United in sin

It's been suggested in some of the reports of this transfer that Solskjaer wanted to keep James. It might not be entirely up to him to sell.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's been suggested in some of the reports of this transfer that Solskjaer wanted to keep James. It might not be entirely up to him to sell.
If Ole tells James "Nah you can leave", but then we don't find any buyers for him, all it does is knock James' confidence and cause problems in the dressing room. Yes, Managers can be ruthless arseholes and tell a player they're no longer wanted. But one of the reasons why Ole has been very good is that he's managed to keep team harmony.

Ole will say things behind closed doors with the board that he will obviously not say in the media. He's not a moron.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Think he will suit Leed's style. Could be a good player for them if he gains a bit more confidence and improves his finishing.

Guy always gave it his all and the club even profited off him.

Thanks, Dan James. (Normally I'd wish him good luck, but it's Leeds)

Ekeke

Good luck to him. Not as fast as people like to say he is and he's a bit wasteful in attack. Best for both parties that Ole can't pick him anymore

lex talionis

If we can just sell Lingard now so we can bring in a proper upgrade on Fred, we will have done well this summer.

Born2Lose

Plus he shouldn’t have signed him in the first place. Nothing special on the eye test or actual stats in the championship
If only we could sell real duds like Martial for twice what we paid for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.