Daniel James - Manchester United player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handré1990

Interesting to know the international transfer market only opens next week. SO maybe more to follow from next week.

Excited to see James in united colors. The fact that Giggs endorsed him could be a good sign. All the best lad.
Is this correct?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
20 minutes to get to page 2. De Ligt will manage that in 20 seconds.

Ban

Welcome lad!
Hopefully we won't see a Why did we buy Daniel James thread in a few months. :D

settembrini

This is the kind of signing we haven't made enough of in recent years and hopefully indicates a change in our transfer policy under Solskjaer.

Also seems to indicate that the club are expecting to lose at least one winger this summer, Mata and Sanchez the obvious candidates.

Inter Yer Nan

Welcome to United! I hope he makes a difference and flourishes at the club. If he turns out to be a top player we've got him at a steal.

I haven't seen anything beyond highlights. Is he going to play left or right? Does this mean no Sancho?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very pleased to have this confirmed. Lots of people writing him off before he's even kicked a ball, as if he'd be the only player in recent memory to come up from the lower leagues in recent years and make a big mark on the Premier League. People bigging up Jamie Vardy, Dele Alli, Andy Robertson, James Maddison, Ryan Fraser etc should remember where these players came from. Nothing to suggest our scouts have got this one horribly wrong. I have a feeling this kid is gonna do a lot better than much of the CAF seems to think he will.

Raven

Having a genuine threat on the right is going to revolutionise us! Imagine this fella running onto Pogba's passes out the the right rather than captain Young.

Ekeke

much more likely he's been signed to be a squad player and a prospect, an option in some games and off the bench. starting him right wing most games vs prem defences that park the bus isn't going to be great
It doesnt need to be great. Our RW at the moment is under average, so if hes decent he'd be an upgrade

siw2007

Happy to get our first signing done. Don’t really know what to expect but if we reckon he’s a player we can bring on and develop into being a top winger then I will be very happy. Can’t imagine he’ll be breaking into the first 11 straight away though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So the whole, «Why hasn’t anything happened yet» thing was as premature as Liverpool’s title shirts during the year of the slip. Who’d have thought?!
Not really. You can sign player anytime, that's registration window. We announced Depay in May.

Nick7

Not really. You can sign player anytime, that's registration window. We announced Depay in May.
To be fair I think we were waiting for his father's funeral to happen before getting him in for a medical.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Welcome young Daniel!

prateik

No pictures or interviews?
More details when the international window opens..

Weird..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To be fair I think we were waiting for his father's funeral to happen before getting him in for a medical.
Yeah I agree. I was saying that in general.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Weird..
We've just announced that we've agreed a deal with Swansea. Not officially signed yet. After he's done with international duty that's when we'll present him as a United player.

El Zoido

Based on the three minute YouTube clip I watched of him sprinting really fast in a handful of championship games, I definitely think we’ve got a superstar in the makings here.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Weird..
There wasn't really time for that as he was on international duty and was only released to complete his medical - there might be one picture of him in a United shirt but no big interviews or anything. Once they're done and international window is open, we'll get the interview and everything else.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Watch this space > <

Now watch this one > <

I would love James to be a huge success. What counts in his favour is that seemingly few fans have unrealistic expectations of him.

Spielmacher

Based on the three minute YouTube clip I watched of him sprinting really fast in a handful of championship games, I definitely think we’ve got a superstar in the makings here.
Without wanting to put unnecessary expectations on him, I think it's a fair expectation that he should become our best ever Welsh winger.
Same.

Handré1990

I’m aware. However, didn’t reports surface only yesterday, concluding he’d be announced next week?

Should go to show that even if the press know a little, they’re rarely fully informed. Seems where we’re concerned they rarely (ever?) get it 100% correct.

Edit: Didn’t mean to go off topic. Welcome to Manchester United, Daniel James! :)

We need an rvn

Welcome and looking forward to having some pace on the wing again!!!

Does you think this mean we don't have faith in Chong or just that he's too young still and needs a few more years?

Status
Not open for further replies.